Having trouble with Bio Fuel Generators

jmc003

Hey, all. I'm a noob playing around with Tekkit, and read some people talking about Bio Fuel Reactors providing near-unlimited fuel, so I thought I'd try it.

First problem is, I was looking at http://wiki.technicpack.net/BioFuel_Generator and it said that BioFuel in a Combustion Engine would generate 200,000 MJ/bucket, but I can't seem to get the BioFuel into the Engines. I've tried Liquiducts and buckets, and it just doesn't take. Is that an error in the wiki, or do I have to create new Combustion Engines that have never touched other fuel in order to use BioFuel?

Second question - after Combustion Engines failed, I tried making some BioFuel Generators, and it seems like they're outputting practically no power whatsoever. If people are making lots of power from BioFuel into Generators, how many Generators are they using? It takes forever to smelt a stack of stone off the 4 I've made.

Thanks!

Hey, all. I'm a noob playing around with Tekkit, and read some people talking about Bio Fuel Reactors providing near-unlimited fuel, so I thought I'd try it.

First problem is, I was looking at http://wiki.technicpack.net/BioFuel_Generator and it said that BioFuel in a Combustion Engine would generate 200,000 MJ/bucket, but I can't seem to get the BioFuel into the Engines. I've tried Liquiducts and buckets, and it just doesn't take. Is that an error in the wiki, or do I have to create new Combustion Engines that have never touched other fuel in order to use BioFuel?

Second question - after Combustion Engines failed, I tried making some BioFuel Generators, and it seems like they're outputting practically no power whatsoever. If people are making lots of power from BioFuel into Generators, how many Generators are they using? It takes forever to smelt a stack of stone off the 4 I've made.

Thanks!

I could be wrong but I though the 200,000 for the combustion engine is fuel, not Bio-fuel. As far as bio-fuel generators I built a setup of 16 of them. If I turn them all on I can fill 4 RECs in like 10 minutes.

I have only used them with conduits. Perhaps you are getting limited power cause your using pipes?? Not sure really, just grasping at suggestions.

EDIT;

Sudden thought! You do need a REC. Bio-fuel generators pulse out power while TE machines use power based on what they have and what is coming in, so if they are not getting a steady flow of power they use way less and run slower.

1. I believe that statement is referring to a combustion engine running regular fuel. Biofuel only works in bio fuel generators.

2. What are you using to connect to your powered devices? If you use buildcraft conductive pipes you need to use a wooden pipe for the first segment touching the generator. Similarly if you use Redstone Engergy Conduit you need to right click the connection to your generator with a wrench so that it draws power from the generator. The connection will have a red arrow on it when it's correct.

Also worth noting is that (a) BioReactors run *much* more efficiently when filled with a variety of items (9 different types produces a heck of a lot more biofuel per unit); and (B) you can run something like 8 or 9 BioFuel Generators off of a single BioReactor [maybe more, though it probably depends on how efficient it's running and how much drain on power there is].

Furthermore, lots of power doesn't necessarily mean quick smelting. I think there is an upper limit on the Powered Furnace speed, regardless of how much power is supplied, so I wouldn't be quick to judge the BioFuel Generator's output based on a Powered Furnace's output.

Yeah it seems 8-9 generators for each reactor. With my old setup I had 12 reactors and could run 108 generators (108/12=9). But with my larger with 20 reactors I cant run 180 generators. Had to go down to 160 (160/20=8) before my tanks started to fill up again. Dont know why and all my reactors "buffert" tank are completly empty.

If you have problem getting power out of generators maybe you have the same problem I have. I have to build a loop before BC pipes can extract power out from them or form anykind of power generationg machine. Dont know why and it seems most ppl dont have to do it. But I must do it on singel or on the server I play on and all the other player there must do so aswell.

http://imgur.com/a/2k1I8

Actually I asked a fair number of questions about bio-reactors and bio-generators in this thread so I'd recommend reading through it and seeing if that answers any questions you have first.

The general consensus is that you can run 10 generators off of 1 reactor if it's running at maximum efficiency (ie it has 9 different items being fed into it). This means that potentially each reactor can supply enough fuel to generate 160 MJ/t (10 generators x 16 MJ/t each).

Redstone Energy Cells are the preferred (and only really lol) way to store power so you should definitely use them for a buffer if you can. They can input OR output up to 100 MJ/t per face, for a total of 600 MJ/t. Redstone conduit can transfer 3000 MJ/t in case you wanted to know that as well heh.