PWO?

BurningCake

Anyone here play PWO (Pokemon World Online)? I recently got one of those exclusive registration keys and made an account, but I havent been able to play yet. So... anyone in the Technic community play it? Or know what it is?

At least we could talk about it here...

I got my registration key yesterday, after two weeks trying, I have a bulbasaur lvl 9 and a pidgey lvl 8, I started in kanto. The map is just like the game, but you can choose between Kanto or Johto, there are still no HM's implemented and there are some minor bugs, but the game looks very nice and is also very fun to play :D

What a cool concept. I'm surprised it hasn't been smacked with takedown notices though. Wish I had time to check this out, could be fun.

It has the most impressive registration system ever. It beats that Random Number generator that made you solve a complex math equation to use (hint: you just needed to use wolfram alpha). You will need a lot of time just to get a key to get on it.

Was it a bug or the fact keys expire 3 hours after sending?

Keys expire 24 hours after they are sent. Key requests expire 3 hours after though, so I can see where you got that from.

Regardless, I was on my computer at the time I got it (12:00 exactly) and had tried to use it within about half an hour.

I just got an account, it is a pain in the ass.

I looked it up though on their forums and they have had recent problems with the server sometimes not recognizing correct keys. So keep trying!

Personally, what I did was use all my different emails (I have 3) to maximize my chances, you can do that if you don't care what email is chosen.

Edit: Oh, by the way, you know how they have guilds? We should make a Technic Guild. :P

Keys expire 24 hours after they are sent. Key requests expire 3 hours after though, so I can see where you got that from.

Regardless, I was on my computer at the time I got it (12:00 exactly) and had tried to use it within about half an hour.

Ahh... must have blend that with the one above it, I do that sometimes.

I just got an account, it is a pain in the ass.

I looked it up though on their forums and they have had recent problems with the server sometimes not recognizing correct keys. So keep trying!

Personally, what I did was use all my different emails (I have 3) to maximize my chances, you can do that if you don't care what email is chosen.

Edit: Oh, by the way, you know how they have guilds? We should make a Technic Guild. :P

I see now problem with that, I will join once the planets align and the reg system gives me a key.

why in the world would the stupid authentication code process be so complex? i have been on MORE important sites, where you only have to click a link in an email. I mean, are they trying to keep out 5 year olds or something?

Breaking through the on-line security systems of a 5-sided polygon shaped government building in a certain part of North America seems easier then getting a PWO account.