Asshole not happy with our job performance. This close to firing us! Oh no!

BrickedKeyboard

• Forum Administrators

I absolutely don't think that you (technic group) owe us (community) anything, on the contrary we owe you a lot for the great job you did with making this modpack so enjoyable and, especially, easy to use.

I nonetheless agree with the statement that there are quite a few exploits, and since we're about to start a "competitive server" I am more than worried about them.

I see the point of the Devs not fixing the bugs and exploits for it would be a waste of time; but I'd like someone to collect and post the useful fixes. It would make it easier to find for those who are not proficient in it, saving a lot of time (and possibly words).

What really put me off is the way the moderators treated those who did not agree with them. I'm an old school player and web user, and I'm still used to polite Mods who NEVER use a bad word or act improperly with anyone, even the worst annoyances. A Mod has a seat of authority and as such should never surrender his calm to provocations.

I've rarely witnessed a Mod insulting a user even before being actually insulted, being tedious ISN'T and can't be a misconduct on any forum.

When people come on here smashing their fists on the table and demanding things the mods have no reason to show them any respect. Were they shown any?

Fixes are available on the forums for all the aforementioned issues. Along side that none of the problems are "exploits." They are just bugs and if you were to download the Tekkit pack and launch it right now, you would be able to play without a problem. Serious server owners just need to put in a little extra work.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what he was, and I was trying to say is. We don't expect handholding but, preventative steps could have been made so events and threads such as this one never had to happen.

Not to be mean, but these sorts of threads will always be made. It just takes the right (or wrong, I guess) point of view.

What really put me off is the way the moderators treated those who did not agree with them. I'm an old school player and web user, and I'm still used to polite Mods who NEVER use a bad word or act improperly with anyone, even the worst annoyances. A Mod has a seat of authority and as such should never surrender his calm to provocations.

I've rarely witnessed a Mod insulting a user even before being actually insulted, being tedious ISN'T and can't be a misconduct on any forum.

I said it before and I'll say it again:

"This isn't some philosophical touchy-feely sing-kumbayah-around-a-campfire board where we discuss deeper philosophical principles on what it means to be banned, what is truly "fair" in life, etc."

Part of the problem with the internet is that it removes the human aspect of human interaction. So that's why you get all these "ideal" online communities where there are clear-cut rules and mods act out of a guidebook and a ban is a big controversy. They also tolerate a lot of bullshit and stupidity because the community is so protecting of everyone's rights no matter how lazy they are to learn/read.

The key is we don't parent/nurture/protect willingly stupid people to become those well-rounded human beings like all those other "old school" places do, because I'm not getting paid to babysit nor tutor nor push him or her out of my hypothetical vagina. Furthermore, that's not why we are here on these forums. So instead, we don't tolerate laziness/stupidity/not-reading at all. If someone is ignorant and shows an inner drive to solve a problem or produce content or be funny or just be a normal person, of course they're going to get help here.

Everyone here is a human being. Bottom line.

Re: Next Go-Around, please configure the pack better for balance and gameplay

Do you want to keep making poor and inaccurate comparisons to cover the fact that you're trying to convince us that we for some reason owe you some kind of professional and perfect service, or do you want to tell me where I can get free burgers with varying amounts of pickle? Choose very carefully here.

I believe this was the question I needed an answer for.

He decided to PM me with another completely stupid comparison! This one was about food too! Fried chicken. Instead of asking him who's giving out free burgers with differing levels of pickle again, or in this case, free fried chicken that is apparently not fried, I'm just going to probate him. He got the question WAY wrong, and it took him at least 5 paragraphs to answer. If his account was important to him he probably wouldn't have PM'd me an even worse analogy. That's pretty much the only thing he could have done that would have actually got him punished. I'm surprised he didn't just post it in here.

If you're surprised to see admins and mods being harsh or (gasp!) using swears, you'll have to just get used to it. We're very strict here and it's for a reason. The MCForums are very lax and don't care about quality. As a result the MCForums are complete shit. Curse doesn't care about them, and their moderators are all inept children. They're a bloated worthless mess. Yogscast forums? A nice idea but they're also pretty worthless. The admins and moderators there are all nice and coddle and baby the posters. As a result the majority of their posters are horribly spoiled and self entitled you have to scroll for pages in any thread to find anything of worth amidst the idiotic posts. Both places, there's rarely a post larger then the "signature" under them. It's so bad there that they can't even remove an 18 year old admin they paid who's stopped doing his job, without the entire community splitting and getting in an emotional battle about rights and fair treatment! There was even backlash when they fired a guy who was stealing from them for 6 months. Both places contain more stupid memes and pointless drivel then actual content.

These forums don't. These forums have tons of actual content and useful information. People think before they post and there is much more quality to them. We're hard and we have to be assholes sometimes, but this system works. I couldn't respect myself or let this place continue if I started being polite and never said a bad word or told anyone they're wrong, because these forums would just become another MCForums or Yogscast forums. That would be miserable.

Guest fondelaar

even though i argree with this guy at some points, we should get some respect to you guys. and i think you can use this as well to improve tekkit even more. you probebly have put much work to this, and you do an great job. but everything has some bugs :D

I think the point trying to be made here, is the Technic team doesn't owe you a fucking thing. If you want a mod pack that works perfectly, has perfect balance, and is completely free of bugs, as well as working with all the available bukkit plugins, then feel free to get off your ass and go make it your damn self.

Also, you didn't pay for the fucking burger so either take the pickles off or don't eat it.

He moved onto in his mind a better analogy before he was probated. Apparently we're a cozy popular diner that gives out free chicken but doesn't cook it! The burger thing was a passing fad, we're all about handing out completely uncooked chicken now. I think this guys problem is that he has been trying to get dinner for about a week and misunderstood that we are not a restaurant.

Ahh, I see now. The forum's background image is a butchers blade cutting medalions off a garlic and cracked peppercorn marinated pork tenderloin.

And here I thought it was a wrench. My fault for not paying attention.

I said it before and I'll say it again:

"This isn't some philosophical touchy-feely sing-kumbayah-around-a-campfire board where we discuss deeper philosophical principles on what it means to be banned, what is truly "fair" in life, etc."

Part of the problem with the internet is that it removes the human aspect of human interaction. So that's why you get all these "ideal" online communities where there are clear-cut rules and mods act out of a guidebook and a ban is a big controversy. They also tolerate a lot of bullshit and stupidity because the community is so protecting of everyone's rights no matter how lazy they are to learn/read.

The key is we don't parent/nurture/protect willingly stupid people to become those well-rounded human beings like all those other "old school" places do, because I'm not getting paid to babysit nor tutor nor push him or her out of my hypothetical vagina. Furthermore, that's not why we are here on these forums. So instead, we don't tolerate laziness/stupidity/not-reading at all. If someone is ignorant and shows an inner drive to solve a problem or produce content or be funny or just be a normal person, of course they're going to get help here.

Everyone here is a human being. Bottom line.

I love you guys so much, that if any of you wanted Analingus from a heterosexual fat man in Los Angeles, I'd give it.

All of it.

You wouldn't even have to wipe before hand.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons