Asshole not happy with our job performance. This close to firing us! Oh no!

BrickedKeyboard

Re: Next Go-Around, please configure the pack better for balance and gameplay

I compare the above mentioned bug to ordering a burger without pickles' date=' and recieving a burger with pickles, and then the burger guy gets pissed at me for confronting him about making my burger wrong. It's like "Really? Come on man." A simple mistake like that is understandable, you don't need to insult the intelegence of your community with things like "You have no idea" or "You are not us"[/quote']Big difference there is that you paid for the burger. Now if random stranger comes to offer you one for free on street and it has pickles on it will you take it and then start whining how he should have given you one without them? That's exactly how you sound at the moment.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big difference there is that you paid for the burger. Now if random stranger comes to offer you one for free on street and it has pickles on it will you take it and then start whining how he should have given you one without them? That's exactly how you sound at the moment.

I'd be iffy about eating a free burger from a guy in the street. What if that was the last guy who didn't want pickles?!?

Words and stuff still trying to convince me that they are too busy for a 5 min fix for they giant security risk they choose to leave in their build

Sorry I don't belive the Tekkit team is such a victim of such a high workload that would cause them to dissregard such flaws in their own builds.

So, if you are so busy that you can't spend the time to put in simple updates and fixes , and because I am such a whiny bitch asking for instant gratification all the time, I clearly must ask the following question.

Will the aformentioned bugs be fixed in Tekkit 1.2? Or were you too busy for them in the last several months to spare your precious time to copy paste a fix into the next update?

I'm just wondering if I'll have to be the one fixing the mistakes the Tekkit team refuses to take ownership for.

• Forum Administrators

Sorry I don't belive the Tekkit team is such a victim of such a high workload that would cause them to dissregard such flaws in their own builds.

So, if you are so busy that you can't spend the time to put in simple updates and fixes , and because I am such a whiny bitch asking for instant gratification all the time, I clearly must ask the following question.

Will the aformentioned bugs be fixed in Tekkit 1.2? Or were you too busy for them in the last several months to spare your precious time to copy paste a fix into the next update?

I'm just wondering if I'll have to be the one fixing the mistakes the Tekkit team refuses to take ownership for.

Why can't you comprehend the fact you are not entitled to anything? If the entire technic team shut its doors and walked away from this project it would be completely their choice. They make no money and give what little free time they have to get this pack out there.

They are going to make Tekkit 3 as great as they can. If some bugs slip through I hope the community catches them and offers fixes like before. I am grateful they do this at all but for some reason you don't understand that they don't have to wipe your ass for you. Just because it's not included doesn't make the pack or the staff that puts together the pack any less awesome. You are not paying for a product so you have no right to demand anything. Take it for what it is. If you don't like it, well, feel free to get bent. (Oh my god I have been waiting to say that)

:toot:

I know damn well I am not entitled to anything. I am wishing for the Tekkit team to own up to their mistakes instead of making me look like the badguy when they are the ones responsible for the mistake.

I didn't ask when Tekkit 3 was comming out, I asked if the bugs would be fixed when it does, since the solutions have already been discovered. It would be quite silly if those bugs were still present in the next update.

I also hope the community continues to find and fix bugs. That is what the communitys known for, and it is wonderfull.

But I would like to see the Tekkit team actualy impliment those fixes. Especaly when they don't interfeer with Server A connecting to client B, when they don't take hours of testing.

EDIT: Just thought of somehting that made me lol,

"Tekkit.jar, some assembly required"

I know damn well I am not entitled to anything. I am wishing for the Tekkit team to own up to their mistakes instead of making me look like the badguy when they are the ones responsible for the mistake.

I didn't ask when Tekkit 3 was comming out, I asked if the bugs would be fixed when it does, since the solutions have already been discovered. It would be quite silly if those bugs were still present in the next update.

I also hope the community continues to find and fix bugs. That is what the communitys known for, and it is wonderfull.

But I would like to see the Tekkit team actualy impliment those fixes. Especaly when they don't interfeer with Server A connecting to client B, when they don't take hours of testing.

Asking /if/ a bug is going to be fixed? No, they're intentionally going to ignore them, because it would make you just so mad. They go out of their way to make sure that everything is as bug filled as possible, and ignore any bug reports offered.

I didn't ask when Tekkit 3 was comming out' date=' I asked if the bugs would be fixed when it does, since the solutions have already been discovered. It would be quite silly if those bugs were still present in the next update.[/quote']Next pack will have updated versions of mods that may or may not have fixed those things themselves and produced new ones. What's the point in wasting time in the soon-to-be-deprecated stuff?

Lol given their current responses, your sarcasm is closer to truth.

Anyway, no point in arguing anymore

"mostly a bunch of asshat prima donnas"

I suppose the statement is true once you second guess anything the Tekkit team does. They get defensive and make you look like the badguy instead of owning their mistake and simply saying

"Yup we messed up, glad the community found it and fixed it. We'll get that fix in when we can"

No it's nothing but, "You have no idea" "You're a moron" "You are not us"

IDK maybe they are just too young to understand the concept of "owning your mistakes".

"Yup we messed up, glad the community found it and fixed it. We'll get that fix in when we can"

They do know about the bugs and they have given a perfectly good reason why they are not going to provide bugfix releases (hint: it makes life harder for everyone in reality)

IDK maybe they are just too young to understand the concept of "owning your mistakes".

I'd say it's mostly your reading comprehension and missing out the reasoning behind the teams actions.

Lol given their current responses, your sarcasm is closer to truth.

Anyway, no point in arguing anymore

"mostly a bunch of asshat prima donnas"

I suppose the statement is true once you second guess anything the Tekkit team does. They get defensive and make you look like the badguy instead of owning their mistake and simply saying

Considering your argument so far has been "you're right, i have absolutely no idea what you guys actually do or how it works, but i'm goign to accuse you of being lazy and not fixing these bugs anyways" I'm inclined to believe that the one too young to understand is you. You do realize that they don't just sit around in their underwear making technic all day right?

• Forum Administrators

EDIT: Just thought of somehting that made me lol,

"Tekkit.jar, some assembly required"

Here is where you are wrong. IT WORKS FINE WITHOUT THE FIXES. Big surprise. Plenty of people play with their local friends and never go public with their servers. These people don't need the block place event fix, or the EE fix, etc. Tekkit works just fine out of the box. If you want to have a successful server, yes.. you have to put in 5 minutes of extra work. You will be spending much more time setting up Bukkit plugins then implementing any of the Tekkit patches.

Your parents called earlier, apologizing to the Technic team for their mistake.

I'm pretty sure you chose to ignore the key point KakerMix made and instead started insulting everyone instead of figuring out why we are all laughing at you. Because, you know, it is much easier to look at something you don't understand and use all that brainpower to throw insults around.

The inertia of Tekkit is heavy' date=' really heavy. We don't bother doing incremental updates because its a pain in the ass for support. We try to do major, large-bore updates all at once so the community can have a few days (or a week) of growing pains instead of chronic ones all the time. We also aren't a professional outfit, not at all, so realize that if you are going to expect to be treated like a customer we are going to laugh in your face instead. If you want to be treated [b']LIKE A PERSON then come on down, lets hang out and have a talk.

No seriously, read it twice.

Also we're not making you look like a bad guy. You are doing that yourself. I think the Technic team appreciates when the community finds bugs and shares it. However, you're mistaking the "You have no idea" comments as being directed at those who find bugs. That's not it at all, it's putting in the fixes officially that the team says "You have no idea" to. The fact you mix them up and are trying to spin it in your favor is why we are laughing.

IT WORKS FINE WITHOUT THE FIXES.

If you want to have a successful server, you have to put in 5 minutes of extra work

You will be spending much more time setting up Bukkit plugins then implementing any of the Tekkit patches.

I think you contradict yourself on the top two lines there

I never have to unzip bukkit pluggins because, they work out of the box. Configure, sure. Fix no.

When I edit a config file that is configuring. When I unzip a compiled jar and replace broken class files, that is fixing. The difference? Bad design, unwilling devs, incapable devs? IDK. Again I don't buy the "too busy" excuse. Everyone here is in agreement that the fixes take but 5 min to impliment and for some reason call me lazy when I am wondering why the devs are the ones not willing to spend 5 min to put in the fix.

I spent my 5 min implimenting the fix, so I wouldn't call myself lazy, I did the work. I know it takes 5 min, and thats all, and it works.

Why can't the Tekkit devs take the same 5 min and prevent the other dozens of tekkit server admins from having to do the same?

100 server admins installing a 5 min fix with the added posts and threads say "OMG IT NO WURK"

OR,

take 5 min, add the corrected class file and re-upload it.

I must be really special for the Tekkit devs to take time out of their "Busy lives" to come here to the forums and waste time calling me an idiot. I almost feel honored, like meeting a celebrity. Or maybe they are not as busy as they say.

The team continues saying, " Oh you have no idea" then enlighten me. What sort of pilgramage would one have to go through besides a 5 min class file swap to impliment the fixes for say, Block place events or the monster tile spawner.

The team continues saying, " Oh you have no idea" then enlighten me. What sort of pilgramage would one have to go through besides a 5 min class file swap to impliment the fixes for say, Block place events or the monster tile spawner.

Holy crap you are dense.

No seriously, read it twice.

Also we're not making you look like a bad guy. You are doing that yourself. I think the Technic team appreciates when the community finds bugs and shares it. However, you're mistaking the "You have no idea" comments as being directed at those who find bugs. That's not it at all, it's putting in the fixes officially that the team says "You have no idea" to. The fact you mix them up and are trying to spin it in your favor is why we are laughing.

EDIT: Hopefully you'll learn to read and understand instead of arguing the same point 5 times in a row.

I must be, because fixing the aformentioned issues, wouldn't cause "growing pains" they would be harmless. As said before (were you reading?) there would be no server A trying to connect to client B. If there was I would understand why this whole argument is pointless. But that is a moot point. If I implimented the fix on my server, and no one had to update their clients, that is pretty definitive that there are no "growing pains" There would be no massive update of any kind, there would be no support issue because you would be eliminating a problem.

Unless stated otherwise, there is no downside to implimenting 2-3 fixes for some major bugs here. At this point it is more of a ," We don't want to fix it, because you said so." There has not been one responce yet with a valid reason why the 2-3 bugs mentioned by myself could not be hotfixed and implimented and save the Tekkit team a ton of headaches.

Inertia? Cars have inertia too, but changing my music CD doesnt cause my engine to seize. The fixes that are in question don't overhaul the tekkit engine.

No time? You certain have the time to call me a moron half a dozen times

I have no idea what I am talking about? I don't have to! The community made the fix for me. I just had to follow the nice instructions. You can too!

No time? You certain have the time to call me a moron half a dozen times

I'm not a Technic Dev, duh. Blue name is a Moderator.

I have no idea what I am talking about? I don't have to! The community made the fix for me. I just had to follow the nice instructions. You can too!

Then why the bitching?

Also, we have given valid reasons, you just personally choose not to view them as such. Because your view is warped. Like your head.

• Forum Administrators

This 'community' is the same thing. Technic? The admins? These boards? The 1TB+ a day server? That's the community. I am the community, you are the community, Simpleguy, SCT, Jay?, hobo, everyone here is 'the community'.

I might be a dense power tripping asshole* but I can also see that you are not 'getting it'. You insist to simply not believe what we are telling you, and instead spin it around like we are trying to make you out to be a bad guy, or that we claim don't make mistakes. Nobody is making you out to be a bad guy at all. What is happening is you are on a soap box screaming at people at the mall while they shop, spittle flying from your frothing maw, fist in the air, hair shuddering as you half-seizure out your ABSOLUTE knowledge that you know better if the people would only SEE THE LIGHT.

I don't know if you've ever actually paid attention, but we make mistakes constantly. We own up to them, apologize, and keep trying to move on. If you are going to try to make a point, don't generalize and def. don't claim we do things we don't do. If you are going to lie you have to be *way* better at it.

* I totally am

Oh well I tried. Maybe too hard but I believe what I believe and I can't expect anything different from others.

This was just one issue I have strong feelings about.

Everything else about tekkit is amaizing for sure.

<-- lol at the title

Hey look, I was off working and being busy, or "not busy enough" I guess according to gummby here, and wow this thread really grew! But I guess I need to go back and address something.

Dear Gymmby8.

You never answered my question. You've got two days. I want an answer to it, and your next post better contain one.

You completely ignored anything I said or anyone else said because you are so sure you are right it's blinding. You still talk like we owe you something, like you've paid us for a service. Good for you that you patched your game in five mins. Remarkable. It's almost like it's not a huge amount of work or a big deal for the end user to preform! No no, nevermind, you're right. We should take time out of our day to dig in and make an updated version of a pack that's going to be obsolete soon enough anyway. Sure! Let's go ahead and stop working on the new version so we can fix all the little bugs in an old version. The bugs probably wont be around anymore once we update but still it's pretty important! That sounds like a good use of our time. Thanks for showing us the light!

The work we do is pretty much charity. We deal with idiots like flowerchild who yell and scream at us and try to get people to hate us, but that doesn't make us want to stop.

People like YOU make us want to stop.

Get bent!

Kisses! Love ~Cheap Shot.*

*I'm allowed to sign my posts

I absolutely don't think that you (technic group) owe us (community) anything, on the contrary we owe you a lot for the great job you did with making this modpack so enjoyable and, especially, easy to use.

I nonetheless agree with the statement that there are quite a few exploits, and since we're about to start a "competitive server" I am more than worried about them.

I see the point of the Devs not fixing the bugs and exploits for it would be a waste of time; but I'd like someone to collect and post the useful fixes. It would make it easier to find for those who are not proficient in it, saving a lot of time (and possibly words).

What really put me off is the way the moderators treated those who did not agree with them. I'm an old school player and web user, and I'm still used to polite Mods who NEVER use a bad word or act improperly with anyone, even the worst annoyances. A Mod has a seat of authority and as such should never surrender his calm to provocations.

I've rarely witnessed a Mod insulting a user even before being actually insulted, being tedious ISN'T and can't be a misconduct on any forum.

I absolutely don't think that you (technic group) owe us (community) anything, on the contrary we owe you a lot for the great job you did with making this modpack so enjoyable and, especially, easy to use.

I nonetheless agree with the statement that there are quite a few exploits, and since we're about to start a "competitive server" I am more than worried about them.

I see the point of the Devs not fixing the bugs and exploits for it would be a waste of time; but I'd like someone to collect and post the useful fixes. It would make it easier to find for those who are not proficient in it, saving a lot of time (and possibly words).

What really put me off is the way the moderators treated those who did not agree with them. I'm an old school player and web user, and I'm still used to polite Mods who NEVER use a bad word or act improperly with anyone, even the worst annoyances. A Mod has a seat of authority and as such should never surrender his calm to provocations.

I've rarely witnessed a Mod insulting a user even before being actually insulted, being tedious ISN'T and can't be a misconduct on any forum.

See, that's not how things work here. We're not nice, to people who deserve to be not-niced to. We're not about happylovefunhugstime. We treat dumb people as dumb. If you're an intelligent, well worded, nice, understanding person, you'll be perfectly fine. If you expect us to handhold, and spoon feed every single idiot who comes in asking the same questions, trying to force the team to do more work, then you are in the wrong place.

I think what he was, and I was trying to say is. We don't expect handholding but, preventative steps could have been made so events and threads such as this one never had to happen. In any case, my server works. So im through bitching, I'll pass my soapbox to the next "crazed idiot"

Cheapshot

I make an excelent burger made to order. You wana come to AZ we can talk about whatever over one, on the house.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons