Anyone Know how to make Strange Matter?

ZeroWire

I've been playing Tekkit for a bit now and I'm still quite perplexed as to how to create Strange Matter. I've heard that it has been fixed since the last time I tried using the Atomic Science mod, but I'm still not sure how to produce it. My attempt so far has consisted of a ridiculously long particle accelerator powered by magmatic engines with a constant stream of lava from the nether (thank you, ender tanks), but so far I haven't gotten a single piece of the stuff (PS: final particle velocity before explosion was 56% ).

Now, I only play single player, so multiplayer limitations on strange matter don't apply to me. I'd really like to know how to generate the stuff now though, but all the tutorials and words of advice that I can find on the net are woefully outdated and are from older versions of the mod that are not in use anymore. Any assistance would be most appreciated.

The accelerator only needs to be a minimum of 9 blocks long.

Longer accelerators work better but use up a lot more power.

both ends need to send off particles at the same time.(give or take a few ticks) going at each other.

the strange matter will not be at either end, but floating on the ground somewhere in the middle.

you will need to collect the strange matter off the ground yourself.

the accelerator may get damaged in the process of making the strange matter, requiring replacement magnets.

The chances are small, very small, that strange matter will even be formed. somewhere between 1-5% chance. possibly higher.

any material can be collided, the material has minimal effect on the chances.

The accelerator only needs to be a minimum of 9 blocks long.

Longer accelerators work better but use up a lot more power.

both ends need to send off particles at the same time.(give or take a few ticks) going at each other.

the strange matter will not be at either end, but floating on the ground somewhere in the middle.

you will need to collect the strange matter off the ground yourself.

the accelerator may get damaged in the process of making the strange matter, requiring replacement magnets.

The chances are small, very small, that strange matter will even be formed. somewhere between 1-5% chance. possibly higher.

any material can be collided, the material has minimal effect on the chances.

And this is with the most up-to-date version of atomic science (I.E. not the broken one from several months ago/last year)?

I haven't played around with the particle accelerator for a while, just been grabbing bits of info from different videos. Some of it might be for newer versions of minecraft, like 1.6.2... I can't really test any of this myself, my game crashes when I try to fire up an accelerator, no matter the size. Something about my computer being old and not being able to handle the amount of data involved with running an accelerator... :\

from the videos I've watched, most of the info is for about the same version of atomic science that is in tekkit.

I do know for a fact that the accelerator will spit out the strange matter at the point of collision instead of collecting it at either end. That has been more or less the way it's made strange matter for the last year. not completely sure about the size thing. the video that stated the minimum size for a collider was using the 1.6.4 version of atomic science...

Just a thought. Have anyone tryed to put up a forcefield around the magnets at the collison point and see if that can prevent the magnets to break?

If it can't you can still add the field stabilizor and have a chest full of magnets so it will autorepair the paricle accelerator whenever it breaks.

Long Accelerators work the best and they don't brake or need to be replaced. The Matter needs to exceed a particular speed I forget at the moment. I built one using the 50x50x50 block method. Near the end I made it face inwards and open up to a conveyer belt to an Item collector attached to an item Tesseract. Put max amount of dirt and let it do it's thing. Check back in while and plenty of Strange Matter without having to fix the accelerator.

• 2 weeks later...

if I could figure out how to upload screenshots without having to have them hosted somewhere, I could show you my setup.

I just do a small half circle with and accelerator at each end, you need the particles to reach 50% acceleration before they hit each other but any faster than that and they will start destroying blocks when they hit

• 3 weeks later...