Disable EE from transmuting a specific item

In theory, yes: It's possible to alter the EE classes serverside to remove an item from the EMC table, which should do what you want. However, it might cause horrible crashes when clients try to do it, and it expects it to work but doesn't.

I don't personally work with SMP, so you'll have to find someone who does, but the possibility is there. You can try to either use reflection to edit the EMC list, or else decompile/alter/recompile the classes to not add it in the first place.

In theory, yes: It's possible to alter the EE classes serverside to remove an item from the EMC table, which should do what you want. However, it might cause horrible crashes when clients try to do it, and it expects it to work but doesn't.

I don't personally work with SMP, so you'll have to find someone who does, but the possibility is there. You can try to either use reflection to edit the EMC list, or else decompile/alter/recompile the classes to not add it in the first place

What you Could do is change the EMC value of certain things to be so high that transmuting them wasn't worth it.

What you Could do is change the EMC value of certain things to be so high that transmuting them wasn't worth it.

Still the same possible issue, if the EE client makes assumptions based on the value, puts the item in the client's inventory when the server hasn't, and then kerboom eventually. I have not looked at the EE source to see whether or not this would work.

You could do that with nothing but reflection, though, so no decompiliation or base-class editing.

Im curious if you can make it so the emc you get from the item is lower than the cost to transmute the item.

Like getting 1 cobblestone by transmuting 2 of them.

That really doesn't follow the idea of equivalent exchange.