Equivalent Exchange on Tekkit Servers

Dijego

And those are still not reasons why it should be removed. The only thing that might possibly be considered the start of a reason out of you, is that nooby server admins don't realize how OP it is and leave it on, and then...continue to not realize how OP it is over the course of a couple days and start thinking about turning it off?

Are you just trying to save new server owners a few days of discovery? Do you actually think people need to be "protected" from EE somehow, like they can't be trusted to handle it properly?

By the way, Dijego, you may as well throw in that the current version also permits many power items to bypass server protection (if someone's going public without knowing that, they should reconsider). The new guy working on EE is working on that along with balance. However, your crusade still confuses me but at least your first post is closer to some sort of argument than before.

I sorta have to agree with Dijego's points here.

EE is a fantastic mod with some brilliant endgame items. (I couldn't bear to lose the mercurial eye)

Problem is is that it is too easy to acheive these ingame items in tekkit.

Normal practise for this mod is to throw everything you don't need into a relay or transmutation table.

But in technic/tekkit, there is a huge volume of things you can put in there. (Some servers even enable ores from all mods, trebling the amount of high value stuff you can put in there)

I have floated around perhaps two dozen servers since I started tekkit, and there are far too many players that have never bothered even with Industrial Craft 2's basic machines simply because it's easier to use Equivalent Exchange.

I would rather it stay because I love the items it comes with. But too many people love it becuase they can be drowning in diamonds in a weekend, with minimal effort.

I plan to raise this issue with x3n0ph0b3 later today, asking for a rethink of EMC values for mods, if I get some sensible non fanboy replies following this.

Problem is is that it is too easy to acheive these ingame items in tekkit.

I plan to raise this issue with x3n0ph0b3 later today, asking for a rethink of EMC values for mods, if I get some sensible non fanboy replies following this.

Well on your first point I'm 95% sure he changed around the values for tekkit making it harder so I don't get how its "too easy." On your second point you can configure your own EMC values.

As a server operator (small server) I find this whole discussion rather pointless. The OP should be aware that his posts should be directed to the 12 year olds running servers; not proper professional adults. What your REAL point Mr. Dijego is that server ops need to spend a little more time doing their configurations than just plopping down a default installation and running with it. Which has nothing to do with what you keep harping on about with the "remove EE" chorus. Really now. Why don't you get off that point, which isn't what you really want. I base this assumption that it's not what you really want on the numerous times that you've said it works okay on some servers but not without the time those operators put into their configurations.

I run a small server. We have a few people that use EE, myself included, in conjunction with the other mods. We do it as a form of expansions control, my mine isn't colliding with your mine, which isn't colliding with Tommy's mine. We aren't worried about block protection because we are all trustworthy adults. Even the 6 year old that plays on our server acts like an adult.

So please. Get to your real point, which is do a better job configuring your server, or shut up and get bent.

I have floated around perhaps two dozen servers since I started tekkit, and there are far too many players that have never bothered even with Industrial Craft 2's basic machines simply because it's easier to use Equivalent Exchange.

I would rather it stay because I love the items it comes with. But too many people love it becuase they can be drowning in diamonds in a weekend, with minimal effort.

Well, just because it's Tekkit doesn't mean everybody wants to tech IC2. I know people that just build flowers and take on creative projects...as long as they follow server rules, that fine with me. If the server is meant to allow that type of gameplay, there's nothing wrong with that. If its about making people grind for all their materials or spend weeks getting factories going, that's something else entirely.

Contrary to popular belief, unless your world lands you on a massive deposit of EMC and all the resources to make flowers right off the bat, burn everything, and upgrade, it does take some work to tech it. Yes, diamonds become worthless but crafting all the end-game EE stuff is still a pain because of all the EMC required.

Talking to Xeno wouldn't do much at this point. Last I checked in he handed mod development off to a new guy for e time being so if you ave concerns about the mod, might want to bring it up with him in his thread. Unless Xeno came back in which case, as you were.

Just thought I'd leave this here. I spoke with the developer and he told me that hes gutting and rebuilding the SMP side of EE, and adding into config the ability to modify individual EMC values for items, as well as make things impossible to transmute. So server admins will soon be able to balance EE how they wish.

So soon you will have 3 options: Disable, Enable, Balance. Yay!