Thermal Expasnion 3 WTF?!

HalestormXV

Okay so Thermal Expansion 3 as we know is the main power mod in this pack. Refstone Flux. So I have a setup in my base. 6 Steam Dynamo's all feeding out into Hardened Conduits. These conduits feed into 2 Hardened Energy Cells which output at 400. Those cells are filled and power my base. Wonderful....except....my machines lose all power? Now why are they outright losing power? Should they not be pulling from the buffer of the Energy cell? Otherwise what is the point of them. So I did some investigating of my lines and there are no disconnected anywhere but my machines are not getting ANY power. So i decided to make a Multireader to check the network saturation of the pipes. Now for the kicker.....Network Saturation: 3663.0% Now for some further information....only the conduits that come out of the energy cell are showing those outlandish readings..any conduit before the energy cell...100% saturation and everything is wonderful...bug with the Hardened Energy Cell?

WTH is that nonsense? And what is going on with TE3?

Edited by HalestormXV

This happened to me on my server last night, checked everything over for 15 mins and everything checked out. I thot someone on the server was messing around with voodoo (lol) but i didnt think that was actually possible so i logged out for a few mins and came back and all worked out fine. Except now im having the same issue with my itemducts.

I fiddled around with the cells.

Check the green tabs in the cells. Make sure the side that is outputting the power to the machines is coloured dark orange. That's the output mode.

From there, it should work just fine.

EDIT: if there is no green tab, that may be because I'm playing on the 1.0.9 test release. In which case, I want screenshots, like you should have given us immediately, like the good monkey you are.

Edited by Melfice

Likely problem is that your conduits are sharing space with some microblocks at some point, which can cause buggy behaviour. The same can happen with all TE3 pipes. 

Interesting, that could be my problem with the itemducts.  Thx! Will check it out

I fiddled around with the cells.

Check the green tabs in the cells. Make sure the side that is outputting the power to the machines is coloured dark orange. That's the output mode.

From there, it should work just fine.

EDIT: if there is no green tab, that may be because I'm playing on the 1.0.9 test release. In which case, I want screenshots, like you should have given us immediately, like the good monkey you are.

Cells are outputting on orange side. Setup isn't the issue.

Likely problem is that your conduits are sharing space with some microblocks at some point, which can cause buggy behaviour. The same can happen with all TE3 pipes. 

That has to be it. They are sharing microblocks and now that you mention it the problem seems to originate near the microblocks. Nice catch.