Automated Peaceful table

Kotja

If you want the swords to stay in the chest but the lootz to come out, all you need to do is use a TE item duct with a pneumatic servo and blacklist the swords from being extracted.

I'm not sure, however, if item ducts work with ender chests, so you may have to use a tessarect to beam the stuff back to your base.

I'm not sure that the peaceful tables work with ender chests either, haven't tried it.

I also assume you also have a way to keep the chunk containing the tables loaded, otherwise they will do nothing while you are away.

I use emerald pipes, because i want to signal that new sword is needed but itemduct is better if it igonres durability and connects with BC Automatic Crafting Table (9 gold nuggets -> gold ingot) and ME condenser (rotten flesh, bows, ...) 

• 2 weeks later...

I use emerald pipes, because i want to signal that new sword is needed but itemduct is better if it igonres durability and connects with BC Automatic Crafting Table (9 gold nuggets -> gold ingot) and ME condenser (rotten flesh, bows, ...) 

If it doesn't connect with the crafting table just use TE Cyclic assembler. To be able to "program" the schematic you need a Machibist's Workbench.

The peaceful table is another piece of magic from Extra Utilities. It works only in Peaceful difficulty. You need to put a chest next to the table that needs to contain one or more swords. As long as a sword is present, the table will occasionally spawn an invisible and harmless mob, kill it with the sword and place all loot it drops inside the chest. The table itself is not interactive. The swords will decay at the usual rate (as if you were killing the mobs by swinging it yourself), so you need to supply fresh ones, as well as ferry off the loot before the chest gets stuffed.

The table will spawn all mobs that can spawn in its current biome, so it will gather nether mob drops when placed in the nether (to get blaze rods, it needs to be placed inside a nether fortress). I think it works only for hostile mobs (no neutrals, like animals). Also note that some mobs simply don't drop anything, so it might take a few tries until anything shows up in the chest. Also, don't be alarmed by the sounds. The table does play the death sounds of the mobs it kills - gave me quite a start when it first killed a ghast and the shriek came through my wide open speakers.

P.S.: That was answering the plug-in question. At the topic, I think a sword-blacklisted output itemduct will be perfect to get the loot out. You can connect any input you want to a different side of the chest for sword refills.

P.P.S.: I second badkruka's notion about using Cyclic Assemblers instead of autocrafting tables. They are awesome. Take note that you can in fact write schematics directly in the assembler, but you need to disable NEI to do so (O key) due to a bug. The Machinist's Workbench is your friend to prepare stuff, of course.

Edited by Curunir

P.P.S.: I second badkruka's notion about using Cyclic Assemblers instead of autocrafting tables. They are awesome. Take note that you can in fact write schematics directly in the assembler, but you need to disable NEI to do so (O key) due to a bug. The Machinist's Workbench is your friend to prepare stuff, of course.

Thanks for that info. I thought they had changed it since the last version of tekkit. Good to know an easier way around then using the Machinists Workbench. :)

Blacklist iron and gold swords az well as whatever kind youre using, probably diamond. Then set the duct to ignorr metadata and nbt data. It should pull everything out but swords, and this way you can use the swords that drop too. If youre already using redstone signalling when the chest is empty to make a new sword, it should all work out nicely. Blacklisting swords and ignoring nbt and metadata means it will leave any sword of the blacklisted material in the chest, no matter what damage it is at or if its enchanted.

Edited by rogueclon946

Good point about the sword drops. I noticed that my Nether table has been using quite a lot of gold swords dropped by zombie pigmen.

A Nether table has the added bonus of being nearly self-sufficient if you use Equivalent Exchange. It will drop so much gold (nuggets and some ingots) over time that you can produce quite a few new diamonds with a minium stone. Which can be turned into new diamond swords. :-)