Reaching 100+ Base Hearts!

Well well, I didn't realize they'd unlocked the exo armour in this version (I had ruled it out in my testing because when DS first posted in 1.0.8 Exo-armour could only be spawned in due to the fact it's kinda buggy).

Actually under closer inpection that's probably a bug too - it's off in the tinker's config and shouldn't be craftable, but it is.  Kr0nz, I think he means by using all heart canisters as upgrades, so that way could work "legit" at the moment if you could get 50+ red hearts somehow.

Thanks for the info, Maestro - I definitely think it's in the bug category rather than legit though (both the exo armour shouldn't be available and advanced genetics golem gene is supposed to give 5 hearts flat by all descriptions, so giving 90 is unarguably a bug :D).  I still don't think this is the way DS did it, he had this in 1.0.8 when you couldn't craft exo armour, so either there's another method or he cheated that stuff in (given the red heart requirement I'm leaning towards the latter being likely).

I'd be interested to hear your method still if you're around DS - I saw you reading the thread earlier on so come join us, let us know what we've got right or wrong so far :)

I think OP is trolling.

I managed to get "LUL I don't die unless I drop from ORBIT" amount of health.

This is an exploit, and a bug, the following video that I recorded shows how I did it.

There are jump-cuts in the video where I cut-out where I was messing around and/or rambling.

Surprised it took this long.

More impressive that you decided to post this on public forums.

And most impressive of all is how biased that description is:

"on the Technic forums I read that you can get 100+ hearts "without cheating" I prove this is a load of crap. DragonScythe is not Scythe Ironclaw, yours truly wouldn't omit information about an EXPLOIT. I would just upload a video saying :This is a freaking exploit you can use to mess with people, and get banned from servers, LULZ. But this DragonScythe guy on the Technic fourms kept stringing along people that it is "Legit". Mods suspect cheating, I prove cheating. Commands are cheating.

TL:DW:
Spawn/Craft 1 heart canister
Use the following command: "/gene add morehearts"
Use the following command afterwards "/gene remove morehearts"
repeat
???
profit?
NO!
GET BANNED FROM SERVER FOR EXPLOITING!
DragonScythe now suspected of trolling and cheating, and also lie-ing."

I didn't use any commands, bud.

I never trolled anyone with false information.

It depends on what you believe is cheating as this is merely a mess up between mods.

In vanilla, without any health boosts, the gene would have been fine.

However, increasing your health would either show that it is (current hearts - 5) or (current hearts / 2).

Either way, the Advanced Genetics wiki contained false information which I figured out.

Edited by DragonScythe

I think OP is trolling.

I managed to get "LUL I don't die unless I drop from ORBIT" amount of health.

This is an exploit, and a bug, the following video that I recorded shows how I did it.

There are jump-cuts in the video where I cut-out where I was messing around and/or rambling.

sorry to tell you but.. Very wrong.

get 10 red, 10 yellow. add them both. THEN take your blood. give it more heart gene. inject your self. BOOM 25 extra base hearts. then take another syringe and give the the anti-gene for more hearts. inject it. at this point you shouldnt lose the extra 25 hearts i didnt then take your blood again. and give it the more hearts gene. inject it and boom another 45 or so hearts. rinse repeat and there you go 100+ base hearts

Surprised it took this long.

More impressive that you decided to post this on public forums.

And most impressive of all is how biased that description is:

I didn't use any commands, bud.

I never trolled anyone with false information.

It depends on what you believe is cheating as this is merely a mess up between mods.

In vanilla, without any health boosts, the gene would have been fine.

However, increasing your health would either show that it is (current hearts - 5) or (current hearts / 2).

Either way, the Advanced Genetics wiki contained false information which I figured out.

1) Apologies for jumping to conclusions, video description and TL:DW have been updated, as well as the "Tag Pool"
2) The wiki states that it should have 5 "Hearts" but your base health is 20, so I guess the mod creator of Advanced Genetics scripted the morehealth DNA trait to add a percentages instead of a flat amount.
3) Using commands is considered cheating in survival, this should be obvious because to enable commands you have to click the button under "World Options" called "Enable Cheats"
3a) When playing Hardcore, you can't even enable cheats...unless you open your world to LAN
3b) Some even consider dropping difficulty to peaceful when about to die cheating, others consider it cheap. It is mostly frowned upon in the Minecraft LP community.

Also my best friend is very picky when using "mod combination oversights" he considers some as ":non-exploitative/experience ruining" and others "exploitative/experience ruining"
Ones he considers exploitative:
Using Enhanced Portals to enter/exit the witchery spirit realm causing it to be locked in a Dream state upon entry. Using TConstruct's "Knapsack" to freely transfer item from the spirit realm to the "Living realm",  and the health multiplication "bug" outlined in my last post.

I just hope this "oversight bug" winds up getting fixed in a future update. I wouldn't want to play on/run a server where people can use "mod combination oversights" to their own personal gain over other players. This would create a rather un-fun and non-enjoyable experience.

If you have full red, yellow and green heart canisters you get 40 hearts plus full heart canister exo armor that is 60 hearts then with advanced genetics if you use the iron golem health after it works like the additional hearts x2 +5 from original iron golem dna and you get 115 hearts.

• 4 weeks later...

I have found a bug with this.  If you have OP or console access, if you have heart canisters equiped, and already have "morehearts" from advanced genetics, use commands to spam "/gene remove morehearts" and "/gene add morehearts" I have no idea why this happens, but if you spam it too much, your hearts turn into a jumbled mess of white pixels. so don't overdo it.

The reason that works is because when your max hp no longer represents current, your current HP doesn't drop back to the max, making an HP of 15 out of 10 hearts possible. Because of how the gene works, it seems to add additional HP not only on max hp but current HP as well in the event that value is higher.