Reaching 100+ Base Hearts!

I'm fairly sure the green heart canisters are creative only at the moment. Yellow would get you to 35 if you add in the iron golem. I count 123 in the picture, so i can;t say I'm all that convinced it's true.

I'm not being mean, I'm just saying I want some proof.

Yeah, gotta admit without some kind of clue I'd written this off last time too, hoping for a hint otherwise I just can't think of a way of doing this.

I've yet to see a single Yellow heart drop yet, so I doubt that's the method Turgle, though a full set of red canisters wouldn't be impossible by now (just difficult) I don't think that TC's the way.  The original post apparently had 60+ hearts with no canisters used, so there's that too.

I'm still doubtful, but hope it's some clever mechanics exploit or bug, that'd impress me (I haven't thought of anything that could be used to do this, something with sync maybe?).

I've yet to see a single Yellow heart drop yet, so I doubt that's the method Turgle, though a full set of red canisters wouldn't be impossible by now (just difficult) I don't think that TC's the way.  The original post apparently had 60+ hearts with no canisters used, so there's that too.

Yellow hearts drop every time from the wither. I've got 9 so far I think. But the recipe requires a red heart canister so I've only used one so far since I've only got 11 red hearts from drops.

There could definitely be a bug though. I've got 10 base hearts, 10 red canister hearts, 5 Advanced Genetic hearts and 1 yellow canister heart. That should be 26 hearts total but I have 29 and I have no idea where the other 3 came from.
Edited by gremlinclr

Really?  I've never had one in three wither kills (only nether stars), though they were all in 1.0.8 or older, which version did you get those drops?

Edit: Also, if you take off all the canisters, how many hearts do you end up with? (I'm strongly leaning toward bug now, he said "legit" last time and "no cheats" this time)

Edited by Loader

I've noticed since the update to 1.0.9, the yellow heart drops everytime i believe. Easy way to get them is to use the autospawner from Minefactory and grind Wither skeletons. Or you could just spawn them and kill them with the cleaver and beheading modifier and before you know you have many wither skulls to make the withers. I've gotten 4 or 5 of them today from withers. 

Who knows, I reckon it's legit, the amount of things you can use in the modpack to increase your health could end up stacking (especially if you have 10x Red Heart Canister and 10x Yellow Heart Canister), not to mention the obvious Iron Golem genetics.

Turgle, that's 10 (starting hearts), 10 (red heart canisters), 10 (yellow heart canisters) and 5 from iron golem genetics, so 35 total.  No-one's been able to suggest anything else that adds hearts.  The best hope is gremlin adding some credibility with their unexplained extra hearts, but without replicating it or really knowing where to even begin looking I can't take that as a likely yes (even then, it sounds like a bug rather than legit).

The thing that tipped it from bug to lie for me was this progression

1: The original post said more may be possible (which implied this wasn't some bug that's just being repeated ad nauseum - it even suggested this was the max possible with that method) '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

2: After a limited response to the first one, a second one was posted (this one) which had even bigger numbers!

3: DS comes back, offers no further hint, and says he has even more bigger numbers! (this is where it started looking eerily familiar..)

That's just my opinion though, and I honestly hope I'm wrong.  I might be bitter and jaded but I still like surprises :)

Whatever the case, I'm thoroughly enjoying this thread so far - it's made me delve into parts of Sync and Advanced Genetics I probably wouldn't have bothered to otherwise.  Please don't take it personally that I don't believe you DS, it's just pushed past my suspension of disbelief at this point.

Yeah, gotta admit without some kind of clue I'd written this off last time too, hoping for a hint otherwise I just can't think of a way of doing this.

I'm still doubtful, but hope it's some clever mechanics exploit or bug, that'd impress me (I haven't thought of anything that could be used to do this, something with sync maybe?).

I saw on chimneyswift's video he was able to get a yellow heart by defeating baba yaga ( A Witchery Boss)

The "Trick" to this is actually a bug.  With advanced genetics, if you inject yourself with the "more hearts" gene, instead of it giving you five more hearts it gives you your current hearts minus five.  If you make tinker's exo-armor all with "extra hearts" and then equip all your yellow hearts, and then red hearts  (The yellow hearts don't seem to work for me unless I equip the red ones by right-clicking afterwards.)  You'll have around 50 hearts, or 100 health.  If you then inject yourself with the advanced genetics serum, instead of giving you 10 more health, it gives you 90 more health.  If you cheat in green hearts, this means you can get up to 230 health with the armor on.

After you take the armor off, you'll lose 40 health, but still have the base extra hearts from Advanced Genetics, so you can walk around semi-legitimately (if you consider exploiting bugs legitimate) with 150 health.

And out of 15 wither kills, I've got 15 yellow hearts, so they do seem to drop every time.

Edited by TheMaestro42

The "Trick" to this is actually a bug.  With advanced genetics, if you inject yourself with the "more hearts" gene, instead of it giving you five more hearts it gives you your current hearts minus five.  If you make tinker's exo-armor all with "extra hearts" and then equip all your yellow hearts, and then red hearts  (The yellow hearts don't seem to work for me unless I equip the red ones by right-clicking afterwards.)  You'll have around 50 hearts, or 100 health.  If you then inject yourself with the advanced genetics serum, instead of giving you 10 more health, it gives you 90 more health.  If you cheat in green hearts, this means you can get up to 230 health with the armor on.

After you take the armor off, you'll lose 40 health, but still have the base extra hearts from Advanced Genetics, so you can walk around semi-legitimately (if you consider exploiting bugs legitimate) with 150 health.

And out of 15 wither kills, I've got 15 yellow hearts, so they do seem to drop every time.

this guy knows it. was just about to post it. you can add heart's to the EXO armor. then do the more hearts thing.

Correct me if im wrong as I haven't crafted it myself, but the exo-armor with the extra hearts enchantments can only be spawned in. If you craft it, you dont get any of the special enchantments, and there is currently no way to add it as its still being worked on.

So if OP was using spawned in exo armor, or anything spawned in, his method wouldn't be "legit".

However, I could see using properly obtained heart canisters + advanced genetics genes being "legit", even if its a bug.

Yellow hearts drop every time from the wither. I've got 9 so far I think. But the recipe requires a red heart canister so I've only used one so far since I've only got 11 red hearts from drops.

There could definitely be a bug though. I've got 10 base hearts, 10 red canister hearts, 5 Advanced Genetic hearts and 1 yellow canister heart. That should be 26 hearts total but I have 29 and I have no idea where the other 3 came from.

Whenever You Kill Bosses You Always Get Yellow Hearts So It Makes It Harder to get Red ones :/ Red is rarer then yellow ironically cause all you need to do to get red hearts is get a cleaver with beheading on it and kill a bunch of wither skellies and make lots of withers.