Noob needs help getting started.

Dannyx28

I've just recently came back to playing tekkit, i used to play tekkit about a year or so ago before this new stuff was implemented.

So i've built a Pulverizer and got that powered and what not and now im not sure what to do next. Also i've tried making a automatic bread maker but i can't seem to make one, pipes don't work the way i remembered.

So can anyone help a noob out?

Pick a goal and research what it takes to get there. You could go to the moon, build the most efficient [insert purpose here] machine, build a grand library in a Mystcraft Age etc . . .

The wiki is currently out of date due to some technical issues however, so best go looking for info via google (to find the original modsters posts and or websites) or via youtube to find tutorials on certain concepts.

Good luck and have fun.

Another tool you might find useful if you're not already familiar with it is the Not Enough Items mod (if I'm not mistaken) tool to look up any item in the game as welll as the recipe and uses of that item. If you go into inventory there is a black text box at the bottom you can type the name of anything (or part of the name) in the game and find it in the NEi interface list. If you tap r or u while hovering over any of these items you can get the recipe or a complete list of uses displayed inyour MC client window for you. It's not wiki, but it can be a big help if you suck at rememebering recipes. Just be careful about clicking the NEI interface though, if you clikc on anything in the NEI interface it allows you to cheat items into the game and if you drop any items you're holding with your mouse into the NEI interface it will delete them.

if you want to disable the cheat functionality, you can do so in the NEI Options (when you have your inventory open, you have a button labled "Options" in the bottom left corner)

click on the first button in the options, there you can change the mode...

The Thermal Expansion early industrialization path actually becomes pretty clear in regards to what the next machine you need or want to build in the line is starting to require. Beyond that its all pretty much down to building systems that fit your interests in regards to power and automation.

Far as an automatic bread maker goes, if you use Thermal Expansion Itemducts, you shouldn't have any issue with them far as moving ingredients and final products around efficiently. TE Itemducts are kind of like RP2's pipes in of which they are extremely efficient, easily configured and smartly aware of whether they need to be moving things around, or not, depending on how you set up your filtering (shift and right click on an attachment point with just about any wrench or omni-tool to access the filter), whats more they don't actually contribute to server side lag like BC pipes do.

I did a brief tutorial on warming up to TE on my channel, though there are a ton of people that probably have done it better than I have, I tried to approach it from the point of view of someone new to Tekkit and/or someone that was locked into the IC2 methods of doing things and how easy it is to adapt those thought processes towards TE.

The Thermal Expansion early industrialization path actually becomes pretty clear in regards to what the next machine you need or want to build in the line is starting to require. Beyond that its all pretty much down to building systems that fit your interests in regards to power and automation.

Far as an automatic bread maker goes, if you use Thermal Expansion Itemducts, you shouldn't have any issue with them far as moving ingredients and final products around efficiently. TE Itemducts are kind of like RP2's pipes in of which they are extremely efficient, easily configured and smartly aware of whether they need to be moving things around, or not, depending on how you set up your filtering (shift and right click on an attachment point with just about any wrench or omni-tool to access the filter), whats more they don't actually contribute to server side lag like BC pipes do.

I did a brief tutorial on warming up to TE on my channel, though there are a ton of people that probably have done it better than I have, I tried to approach it from the point of view of someone new to Tekkit and/or someone that was locked into the IC2 methods of doing things and how easy it is to adapt those thought processes towards TE.

That and they don't just drop items in the world when they get backed up like BC pipes do. Also you should opt for the opaque itemducts over regular ones. They are cheaper to make(usually a lead ingot in recipe, instead of hardened glass), have the same stats as the equivalent regular ones, and don't have animations for items moving through them.

could you link that tutortial here??? or is it that yellorium reactor tutortial???

edit: ignore previous comment. i found your tutortial :D. i must say that those speed-are are really neat, love the music hahaha.

also: i will start a new world now :P seeing this tut. i have come to the conclusion that i did soooo many things wrong. i wasted resources aswell :P. learned from that and i thank you again for the great vids :D

Edited by crusaderkvw

could you link that tutortial here??? or is it that yellorium reactor tutortial???

edit: ignore previous comment. i found your tutortial :D. i must say that those speed-are are really neat, love the music hahaha.

also: i will start a new world now :P seeing this tut. i have come to the conclusion that i did soooo many things wrong. i wasted resources aswell :P. learned from that and i thank you again for the great vids :D

Thanks...I wanted to kind of do it differently, lots of people (including me) do tutorials from creative mode, I wanted to kind of show the process of getting to the crafting portion as you'd do it in actual survival...but I also didn't want to bore peoples eyeballs out watching an hour of digging in the process. Just learning video production for the fun of it, I'm glad you liked it.

Thanks...I wanted to kind of do it differently, lots of people (including me) do tutorials from creative mode, I wanted to kind of show the process of getting to the crafting portion as you'd do it in actual survival...but I also didn't want to bore peoples eyeballs out watching an hour of digging in the process. Just learning video production for the fun of it, I'm glad you liked it.

that "new" method works great :D. when can we expect: The Winstitute- Mars Express btw??

that "new" method works great :D. when can we expect: The Winstitute- Mars Express btw??

Soon, I have some friends that are going to be getting involved and we're getting some music worked out for the series because we have a couple guys that do original music as well...it'll be fun and hopefully fairly good due to the collaboration and production quality going into it.

To be honest I've occasional used it when creeper grief jacked up my base. Not wholly sure I want to turn it off, just keep it in case of emergencies.

you don't permanently disable it, it's a switch you can flip on and off whenever you want ;)

this just prevents you from accidently cheating stuff in and also unlocks the recipie mode where you get to know how to build the machines and parts...