Problem with Tesseract

MrSliff

Hey guys!

Im very new to the technic-mods, but i figured some thingsout and running well atm

so i searched for something to transfer extracted oil i.e. to my base refinery, found some teleport pipes, but i didnt find them because they were patched away -.-

now i wanted to use tesseracts, very hard way for a newbie tocraft them....

now i have some problems:

- i cant find the liquid tesseract/energy tesseract in my nei-interface, there are only the empty and the full tesseract

- tried to place the full tesseract, but this didnt work for me too -.-

what to do now??

Using the crescent hammer (Themal Expansion's wrench) with machines is highly recommended. In case of TE storage items, it will also allow you to transport them if full. If you break them with a pickaxe, the containing items will be scattered or destroyed.

ah okay, thanks for that ;)

but i have another problem!

is it right that tesseracts can only transport energy and items together?!

fluid and any other things together doesnt work for me, only fluid alone...

and items from the quarry only with a chest between the itemduct and the quarry

Edited by MrSliff

i use the tesseract for quarry at the moment..we have it set up quarry end to items send only and energy receive only then at the other end opposite way around then it output the items to a chest using item duct and then processed and sorted from there to pulveriser or ME network etc..the energy comes from the reactor into Base end tesseract then out of the quarry end one into quarry and is currently working the quarry at approx 64 * 50 size and working at a fair speed to clears a row (50) in approx 2 mins. i find this a really good way to go its a pain to get to a point where you can use it but once there you can literally place quarry and forget about it till it runs out of stuff to do. i am also looking into using the tesseract to power moonbase when i get there again.

Edited by elwoodio

If you have power to spare, mining wells are actually faster than quarries. Quarries max out at 1 block removed every 3 ticks(~6.66 blocks per second) at 50 mj/tick. Mining wells use 25 mj per operation, and max at 1 operation per tick. Therefore, wells are more energy efficient, and faster. 2 mining wells can run at max speed on the same amount of power a max speed quarry can run at, and those 2 wells mine 6 times faster than said quarry. The downside being that wells only mine a single column down. You can fix this with a row of mining wells on a redstone in motion crawler, making an automated quarry that moves itself, and mines out much faster than a quarry ever could. 16 Mining wells can be placed along the entire length of a chunk, and will mine from sea level down to bedrock in around 3 seconds. Quarries usually take considerably longer than that just to place their frames down.

If you have power to spare, mining wells are actually faster than quarries. Quarries max out at 1 block removed every 3 ticks(~6.66 blocks per second) at 50 mj/tick. Mining wells use 25 mj per operation, and max at 1 operation per tick. Therefore, wells are more energy efficient, and faster. 2 mining wells can run at max speed on the same amount of power a max speed quarry can run at, and those 2 wells mine 6 times faster than said quarry. The downside being that wells only mine a single column down. You can fix this with a row of mining wells on a redstone in motion crawler, making an automated quarry that moves itself, and mines out much faster than a quarry ever could. 16 Mining wells can be placed along the entire length of a chunk, and will mine from sea level down to bedrock in around 3 seconds. Quarries usually take considerably longer than that just to place their frames down.

I tried this, but ran into a problem. Is there a way to, via redstone, turn mining wells(or quarries for that matter) off?

This is so that I can move my mining rig without mining the crap out of whatever I fly over.

I tried this, but ran into a problem. Is there a way to, via redstone, turn mining wells(or quarries for that matter) off?

This is so that I can move my mining rig without mining the crap out of whatever I fly over.

Not sure but you can use redstone to disable power flow from tesseracts and energy cells

I'm having Tesseract trouble too.  It won't accept items when connected to a quarry via a buildcraft pipe.  Yes I've checked the send/receive bits, yes I'm sure both chunks are loaded.  The items from the quarry come up the pipe, and when they hit the tesseract they just spew everywhere.  I tried putting a chest in between and use a wooden pipe to extract from the chest to the tesseract. Same result.  Are BC pipes just not compatible with Tesseracts in this version? I've used the exact same setup in previous versions with no trouble.  Pretty disappointing if they aren't working...

I'm having Tesseract trouble too.  It won't accept items when connected to a quarry via a buildcraft pipe.  Yes I've checked the send/receive bits, yes I'm sure both chunks are loaded.  The items from the quarry come up the pipe, and when they hit the tesseract they just spew everywhere.  I tried putting a chest in between and use a wooden pipe to extract from the chest to the tesseract. Same result.  Are BC pipes just not compatible with Tesseracts in this version? I've used the exact same setup in previous versions with no trouble.  Pretty disappointing if they aren't working...

Have you tried itemducts? I don't know if they work with quarries but they outperform bc pipes in basically every way.

Buildcraft pipes apparently are not safe to use with tesseracts and therefore they won't connect. I put my tesseract directly on top of the quarry, and have an itemduct on the other end pumping the blocks out.

Tesseracts are known to not work reliably with Buildcraft pipes, iirc. On the other hand, Buildcraft quarries will not work with Itemducts. Tesseract directly above quarry can work, otherwise use a buffer chest either on top of the quarry, or connected to it via Buildcraft pipes.

Have you tried itemducts? I don't know if they work with quarries but they outperform bc pipes in basically every way.

Well I've tried to use Itemducts but they're even worse.  The quarry won't even feed into them.  I have a pneumatic servo in the linked duct and have it set to ignore redstone (so that it activates without needing a signal) and have the junction set to output, but it still won't accept items. Nothing in the filter, ignoring NBT. Fuck me, maybe I have selective memory but I don't remember Technic releasing such clusterfucked "recommended" releases a couple years ago...things are not working together very well and there's so many redundancies in the releases of the past year. They need to get their shit together.

At any rate, I'm gonna give Heat Hunter's setup a try, thanks for posting that man.

The problem is mostly due to Buildcraft design decisions and Thermal Expansion deviations. Since TE does not do all things that BC does, Tekkit has to include both still for several reasons. Bitching won't solve this, just use one of the proposed solutions (which I named in the last post before yours, and others mentioned even before that).

The problem is mostly due to Buildcraft design decisions and Thermal Expansion deviations. Since TE does not do all things that BC does, Tekkit has to include both still for several reasons. Bitching won't solve this, just use one of the proposed solutions (which I named in the last post before yours, and others mentioned even before that).

Oh I'm talking about way more than just this particular problem.  But you're right, I am just bitching (not expecting it to have any effect). Still, the releases seem to be a lot more frequent, but a lot less polished.  Individual mods are improving a lot, TE and MFR and Big Reactors are awesome.  It just seems like things aren't working together very well and the Tekkit builds just seem really cobbled together. Maybe it's just me though.

It's understandable that the glitches annoy you; they surely annoy me, too. But with that number of complex mods in one pack, glitches are a fact of life. I am still surprised how smoothly most things do work, even after major changes. And the frequent updates recently were done to work out some kinks, i.e. improve on the things that have been annoying us.

Overall, Tekkit is doing well right now. It is mostly bitching further upstream that makes things complicated at times.

Edited by Curunir