So I'm the admin on a b-team server, and i was building a wicked spawn.

All of the sudden apparently the chunk is broken and now i've lost the perfect area and all of my build progress. In one part of the chunk there is purple pixels (that look like the ones around a nether portal) which even shows on the map!

Whenever i attempt to re-enter the area, the server crashes.

I need to know how to fix this, as the server memory isn't large enough to search for a new area, plus i don't want to lose all of that progress! 

Please, if anyone knows how to fix this problem, you'd make my month! :)

Thanks!

Your best bet is MCEdit, backup the world, open it in MCEdit and see if you can see what's going on.  If a section looks bad, cut out that small bit, if nothing looks bad, save in MCEdit and reopen in minecraft, if the chunk still looks broken (usually chunk corruption looks like a kind of spiral staircase of random blocks) then there's not a lot you can do except restore an earlier backup (the underlying data is damaged in that case).

Any idea what triggered it?  I've seen this happen if you use the infinite power bug (interaction between GC and TE power) but not from anything else on B-Team yet.  If you're not sure what triggered it, can you run me through a list of things you had in the chunk?