Can someone help me with creating a server for my home network?

PhoenixSmith

Hmm I changed it, and the server is up but it wont let me in saying Im missing a bunch of blocks on my client...

If you're missing a bunch of blocks on your client it sounds like a possible version mismatch or maybe a piece of the BTeam files didn't properly download.  You might try resetting your pack and making sure that the version of the server files and the client you're running are the same (not saying it's likely, but when things aren't working sometimes revisiting the basics is a good idea).

If you want to reset the pack, click on the gear beneath B-Team and select the option to 'Reset Pack'.

weirleader - its odd that you mention that since their server log indicated no such thing of it. but it was definitely something to take into consideration

There are a surprising number of threads with the exact issue of mod blocks not placing (or placing/disappearing); every one I've seen has been traced back to running the 'minecraft_server.jar' file.  I admit to not even looking at the error logs; I have a hard time picking out useful tidbits most of the time.

Could it be the generator setting has to be set to something other than blank?

Edit**

New development. I can log in on my computer and its perfect. But no else's computer can join the network. Its not that they cant join, it just does not exist for them. Ideas?

Edited by PhoenixSmith

Could it be the generator setting has to be set to something other than blank?

Edit**

New development. I can log in on my computer and its perfect. But no else's computer can join the network. Its not that they cant join, it just does not exist for them. Ideas?

You will have to add the server to the list, it will not be found via the in-game "LAN Scanning"

like Kalbintion said, you'll need to manually add your IP as a server -- assuming you're using the standard port, just put in your internal IP (e.g., 192.168.1.10 or something like that...  look it up for the hosting computer).

From one of the computers that can connect, copy the modpacksattack-of-the-bteam folder over to your computer and overwrite everything. Make a back-up of your folder first though. It's weird that you're getting one issue after another as it shouldnt ever be this hard to make a server from pre-configured modpacks.

Actually Loader it seems to me more as if I was trying to clarify his point. Not a lot of us understand how to setup a server and are not tech savy like some others. Kalblition cleared this up. He understood where I was coming from where as you shot off in the deep end before looking. Please consider other possibilities before coming to an accusation of hi-jacking a thread or topic. Thank you Kalblition for understanding my post in this matter. 

Phoenix, glad to hear its working for you. It's weird that the AotB installation was different from computer to computer but it may just be files didnt get updated properly when the modpack was downloaded, etc.

@Eye_Mine - I believe Loader's comment about hijacking wasn't directed at you but rather a truthful statement (hijacking is often seen in a lot of threads and issues and actually in one case I missed the original posters message because it ended up buried under 5ish replies and only noticed it due to them mentioning it) But i may be mistaken as only he knows what he intended.

I thought you were chiming in with your own question that wasn't really related to the current conversation going on there Eye_Mine, I apologize if that wasn't the case but what you'd put sounded to me like it'd be fine as the topic of an entirely new thread.  Once I understood what you were asking I did my best to clear it up, I certainly didn't mean any offense by it.

Can you explain to me how your question was clarifying the point of the earlier conversation, please?  I'm struggling to see the link so I've obviously missed something.  If I've misunderstood some wording there (admittedly to begin with I really wasn't sure what you were asking) then I don't want to make that mistake again if I can avoid it.

• 3 weeks later...