Casting channel not working?

• 2 weeks later...

I did do this when i posted and it worked in the newest version of ATBT. I don't know what version this wether its 1.09c or whatever it is. It worked just fine for simply transferring fluids from my first smeltery to my other smeltery. I took some snapshots of the process. I don't know how to post an image. Tell me how to do this or point me to the place where i can learn to post images and ill gladly show you the setup.

@HnVx

Upload your pictures here: http://tinypic.com/

Then when it is done uploading you will get a few options on the left. One should say something like "for sharing" which will be hyperlink to your picture. Copy that hyperlink.

Come back here and make a post. There is a square in the second tool bar of the reply post (where you type to send a message) that says "Image" click that then paste your hyperlink in there.

That should work, if it doesn't then you might be able to just paste the hyperlink directly.

Okay So.. The images are kinda big b/c they are screen shots but whatever.
Here is the image for my upper smeltery with the drain and faucet above the casting channels running to my second smeltery:

9ftf8h.png

And here is the image of the same casting channel line running to the reversed drain of my second smeltery:

2q1ihp3.png

I tested it by hooking up a tank (in the name of time and energy) to the same line of channels with a faucet, ran some lava and it filled.

2jaxpqw.png

27xl1tu.png

My only thought is that drain you have for the input isn't being classified as rotated correctly, try turning it around as if it was going to be used as an output for a drain, and see if it works (this btw is generally how i set mine up for inputting liquids into a smeltery)

Huh, well when I had the drain the 'normal' way like when being used for output it didn't work the liquids just collected and pooled itself in the channel and wouldn't go in until I turned the drain around and it worked just fine. I purposefully rotated the drain so it was backwards just so you know. Where you using fluiducts or channels? 

Edited by HnVx_Legacy

I've used both in this manner, i primarily use the ducts (which actually can put it into the drain at any side, regardless if proper or not) but the other way worked for me for channels just fine. Then again, ever since I realized how bad channels are on frames as well as how crappy they are, i havent touched them since (they serve no purpose with any other liquid based movement blocks available for me, due to the low rate of transfer)