Why cant we have a mod pack with three themes?

Shadow278

Out of all the mod packs 3 main themes appear. Tech, war, Magic/adventure. Sometimes two of these are mixed like war and tech but magic is kind of separate. Building mods are usually only in magic/adventure.  For what ever reason, magic is never included with tech and war. I would actually love to play a mod pack that has Magic and Tech mods that basically makes a Tech V.s Magic war. I love blowing things up, ( that's you voltz) But you lack extra building blocks like the mod Chisel to actually make you anything but vanilla used building matarials or concrete.

Maybe its just me but It bugs me that I really cant use great mods like  Mffs and Mekanism should be able to be played with Thamucraft along with some other mods of that nature.

Having a mod pack with three themes is doable.  I've played a server specific modpack that had all three themes.  Only issues arises is the mod pack either lacks focus, or ends up being so bloated that it's hard to play.  With each theme needing several mods to let the theme feel fleshed out, the mod pack quickly fills up with mods and starts requiring too much ram to be truly playable, unless you leave out mods that leave one or more of the themes feeling unfinished...

It's the difference between a modpack, and just a collection of mods...

Edited by jakalth

• Moderators

So what we need, is a single mod that has magic and tech combined.

Hmm... where do one find inspiration from. A mod where you could use tech to create magic... That's tough...

hint look at my sig

The reason most people don't go this way is because it ends up looking like you threw a few mods together and called it a pack, without putting any thought into it. This can become especially problematic when you get to the premissions stage simply because most modders are more likely to approve if the modpack is actually coherent, rather than just a "pile" of your favorite mods.