Greifing Creepers

Radevilen

Hi Ya'll,

I'm new to minecraft (been playing xbox version for some time). I started a minecraft account and got tekkit largely inspired by the fellows at yogscast and my son's love of the game.

We've started up our own quest for the moon, using the "Moonquest" mod pack. On the video series by Yogscast it seems as though they had disabled a creeper's ability to blow up their stuff they'd built (while creepers' explosions could still harm them).

Does anyone know of a way to do the same in my game? Is there a setting or additional mod pack to install?

Any and all help is very much appreciated. Thanks for your input in advance.

I once heard about a small mod called "Creeper Collateral" which supposedly makes it so that creepers cannot destroy blocks, i.e. the blocks will always just drop and can be picked up again. In standard Minecraft, creepers will regularly vaporize blocks. So they can still break blocks and hurt players, only block destruction is disabled.

To my knowledge, that mod is not in Tekkit.

I have been so annoyed with creepers that I am playing exclusively on peaceful difficulty now. There is no way to disable just them, so the only way to be rid of them is peaceful mode. I would play on normal if the game gave me an option to remove creepers, but since Notch is a griefing troll himself, there ain't none.

The required mob loot can be gained via Peaceful Tables, added by Extra Utilities. Which is in Tekkit.

Edited by Curunir

I'm pretty sure there's a setting in the vanilla server config file to disable "mob griefing", that is, the creepers' ability to destroy blocks and the endermen's ability to pick up and move blocks.

I don't think there is a way to do the same in single player however.

There's a command:

/gamerule mobGriefing false

Edited by Kezr

• Discord Moderator

Changing the gamerule to disable mob griefing only prevents mobs from damaging blocks in the world (Ghast's fireballs, Creeper explosions, Wither exploding skulls, Enderman stealing, etc.) All player damage from mob attacks will still happen. And don't feel like you are making things too simple. The idea that a common mob like a creeper can, in instants, annihilate weeks of work on a heavily modded world makes nobody happy. That is why nearly all servers have mob griefing disabled.

Awesome! that sounds like just the thing I'm looking for (if it works on singleplayer and my local LAN game between my son and I.)

Thanks you guys, I really appreciate it. You've all been super helpful

P.S. I cannot believe I misspelled GRIEFING in my subject line....back to school with me, please forgive.

I forget what plugin was used on one server I was on where creepers still exploded and could harm you, but block damage (their crater) then instantly reverted to what was there before they exploded.

With "Residence" server plugin if "creepers" flag is false for a set residence, creepers (and all other mobs) are still about and you can kill creepers for gunpowder, but the instant they are about to explode, they disappear.

• Discord Moderator

@efflandt: The first, where creeper damage is replaced is a Bukkit plugin called "CreeperHeal". Unfortunately this doesn't always work well with modded blocks. The second is from Bukkit plugins like WorldGuard where you can set Creeper explosions to false and the "wink out" when the would explode.