School Battle!

This week on Monday to Wednesday we have a schoolbattle on our school where the first grade till the fourth grade battle against eachother in ancient Greek style. There are several battles to win points at, i.e.: modeshow, quiz, drawing, cooking, trojan horse and more. The class which has the most points wins the Schoolbattle Cup! (FYI, this is a grammar school in Holland, where we also learn Latin and Greek.)

So far, each class had to choose a greek god and present their mentor as that god/goddes. And seriously, some were really hilarious!

This promises to be a chaotic schoolbattle though.

So far, each class had to choose a greek god and present their mentor as that god/goddes. And seriously, some were really hilarious!

This promises to be a chaotic schoolbattle though.

Choose Eris, play for the other team, LOSE ON PURPOSE.

Choose Eris, play for the other team, LOSE ON PURPOSE.

Nah, my class had chosen for Hades, and our mentor is a woman. We had some weird mixups where men had to play as a goddess and women as a god. We even had a Cupido, and he was the only one who was topless.

I should keep that in mind for next time.

Really? Hades? such a boring character. Eris has flair.

So does Appollo, though.

The majority of my class is a boy. 21 boys and 5 girls. That's why it's most of the time chaotic in our classroom, and that's why my class has a bit of a bad reputation. That's why they've chosen Hades, an evil god. (I'm not talking about myself being chaotic, my class does.)

The majority of my class is a boy. 21 boys and 5 girls. That's why it's most of the time chaotic in our classroom, and that's why my class has a bit of a bad reputation. That's why they've chosen Hades, an evil god. (I'm not talking about myself being chaotic, my class does.)

Actually, Hades wasn't all that evil. He got screwed over a lot though.

After they banished the titans, Poseiden got the seas, Zeus got olympus, and what did hades get? A big huge pile of all the dead people ever.

You know what he did with it? He defended their rights, gaurded the wealth of the earth, and was generally an upstanding guy.

Zeus, on the other hand, was a complete dong. screwed people over left and right, used his godmode powers to seduce the ladies while taking the form of various animals, and let Demeter throw a hissy fit (and almost kill everyone in the world) when hades asked for a bride.

The worst thing i can find to his name was kidnapping persephone.

Dude even went so far as to loan his giant 3 headed stygian dog to herakles. Who killed it with a club. Yeah, zeus' son was a dick too.

Wasn't Chronos supposed to have eaten all of his kids, and then puked them up again after eating a rock?

Yup, there was a prophecy that he would be slain by his own son, and so, at their births he ate Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades. Somebody (their mother i think, but it's a bit rusty) bundled a rock in a blanket, and claimed that it was his fourth son.

Then he puked them all up and zeus killed his ass.

No, Zeus's mother protected him and fed him a rock claiming it was Zeus. When Zeus grew up, he killed Kronos and cut open his belly.

Had to study Greek mythology for 3 years for English...That and it being an interesting topic.

Agreed with Jay though....Zeus was a dick...And Heracles (Hercules) Killed his wife and child....Among other things.

So...

Your class is less than two people, and consists of a whole boy and part of a girl?

No, there are 26 kids including me. 21 of them are boys, including me, and there are 5 girls, which is unbalanced.

Yup, there was a prophecy that he would be slain by his own son, and so, at their births he ate Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades. Somebody (their mother i think, but it's a bit rusty) bundled a rock in a blanket, and claimed that it was his fourth son.

Then he puked them all up and zeus killed his ass.

Yes, I've seen a comic of that in a book somewhere here at our school library.

No, Zeus's mother protected him and fed him a rock claiming it was Zeus. When Zeus grew up, he killed Kronos and cut open his belly.

Oh hey, that's right! Totally forgot about that.

I know there is one version (perhaps the roman equivalent) that involved them all being puked up though.

I'm sad no-one follows greek mythology enough to know what centaurs do :(

Ultimately dark and chaotic creatures. Worshippers of Dionysus. Chiron trained a bunch of the great heroes. They were used to represent the essence of nature.

Considering the school and competition I would have chose Hermes or Athena.

Ultimately dark and chaotic creatures. Worshippers of Dionysus. Chiron trained a bunch of the great heroes. They were used to represent the essence of nature.

Considering the school and competition I would have chose Hermes or Athena.

Also very well known for Rape.