Official Servers for Mod Packs

Gigaboom2

Hello.

I think that the Technic Launcher should make official servers for their official mod packs. (Tekkit, Voltz, Hexxit)

This is the vision in my mind: 

Each mod pack would have 2 servers a PvP/Factions and a PvE server. The world limit would be from 50k to 150k, so there would be no overcrowding or a lack of resources.Donating would not make the donaters practically invincible to non-donaters. So basically, donating would only speed up progress through the game. There would be no donater-only items. There would be a server shop. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

It takes a lot of work and dedication to run a server properly. Also, a lot of time. I wouldn't want the platform devs to take time out of their already massively busy schedule with their updates to setup and maintain servers for the public that would get swamped and overrun in minutes. According to the livestream, there will be a lot of things that help out server packs in the future. If someone wants to take up the mantle of setting up an official B-Team server network, they could technically do that and display it as such. I just think you are underestimating the amount of time and effort that goes into running a server and over estimating that amount of time that people have after their jobs and other extra curriculars.

The thing about servers is they bring in donations which could help pay for things. It doesnt take much to rent a server from OVH, I have two servers @OVH with 64GB ram each machine with a fair CPU for a pretty reasonable price.

Although running a proper server is near impossible unless you have 24 hours a day to dedicate to the server and removing half the mods. I have a Tekkit server that corrupts its map at least once a week due to quarries 

Edited by Dpa1991