The adf.ly cancer spreads

jakj

I don't know if they were before, but it feels like I think they weren't, but the Forge downloads are now adf.ly'd. And get this: Not only the actual downloads, but even the links that just give you the version number.

Yep.

The link that literally does nothing but give you a plain-text page which is just the recommended or latest version number, is an adf.ly link. So you have to (if you have adblocker off) look at an ad just to see which file it is, let alone actually get it.

Awesome.

I just use plain old AdBlock Plus in Firefox. Usually, the Adf.ly screen that says I need Javascript stays up, but it downloads anyway. If it doesn't, I just go back and click the link, and it usually works the second time.

Same here Jakj. Been so long since I saw an ad, that I just stare akwardly at the screen at the ones on other computers....Im not used to them.

Ontopic though, That's kinda ridiculous even with the other links...Makes money, but it's ridiculous.

Same here Jakj. Been so long since I saw an ad, that I just stare akwardly at the screen at the ones on other computers....Im not used to them.

Ontopic though, That's kinda ridiculous even with the other links...Makes money, but it's ridiculous.

there's an old saying i like: "Don't shit where you eat" aka don't mix work with hobby or whateverthefuck

and adblock in firefox is great.. grease monkey is epic :)

i add element hiding helper to the mix, so i could get in close and personal, asif squeezing out their eyeballs// its a fine addition imho :3