Cannot post pictures on the forum

Curunir

I heard others mention it, and when I now tried, it wouldn't work for me either. No matter how I try to use the image function, it won't work. The URL box opens, accepts the image URL, and then closes again without comment. No result shows up in the post. Tested this both with the quick reply and full reply functions, both with a fresh post and editing an existing one.

I will resort to links for now, but this is annoying. Anybody else experiencing the problem?

I am running Opera 12.16 on Linux Mint 16 (Cinnamon), and last time it worked, I was using Opera 12.16 on Windows 7 x64.

• Moderators

testing :havlat:

posting a direct link from imgur does work, when trying the image button it just gave me an "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

I get that "not allowed" message when I try to write the img tags manually. Otherwise, I just get nothing from the image button.

I can post links fine, just the image conversion refuses to work.

Still not working here. If I put anything in IMG tags, I get a red warning message atop the preview window:

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

Are there any other tags that can/should be used?

When I use the button, it seems that some sort of invisible placeholder is added, but the image still won't show up.

Like the one below:

Tekkit_golden_pyramid.jpg

Edited by Curunir

That's because it's an invalid picture file. It's not that you can't post it as a picture, it's that it can't be posted as a picture at all.

And the reason it is an invalid picture is because it is not a link to a picture. It is a link to a dropbox page with a picture on it.

I have most definitely tried it with direct picture links, and they work everywhere except on the Tekkit forums. I went and used a picture hosting service for comparison, same result.

I have, and re-checking now, it works again. I did not change anything on my side.

P.S.: To be more specific, I repeated the very same steps that led to failure before, and they worked now. Especially using the IMG tag works now, when it previously gave an error message. I am 100% sure that I used direct links, not picture landing pages, when trying before (the latter usually do not end in .jpg).

No idea what might have gone wrong, or what changed. But I'm not hallucinating.

Edited by Curunir