Let's Test Tekkit 1.2.9c beta!

Skuli

Tekkit 1.2.9c beta will be going live shortly.

The server is available here.

As always, BACK UP YOUR DATA.  

There are a number of bugfixes and new features in this version.

Several backpack bugs are addressed, and a new backpack type is added that automatically picks up items.
Dimensional Doors issues should be addressed
EE3 has a few bugfixes, and now has re-added Alchemical pouch functionality
Project Red has fixed the server-crushing memory consumption
Drums and Filing Cabinets are enabled in Extra Utilities.
Extra Cells has been added, along with SImply Jetpacks.

Thermal Expansion has been updated to 3.0.0.6.

Several Galacticraft bugs have been addressed.

Please verify your launcher is set to always use latest build or manually select a build to upgrade to this version.

The changes are:

- Backpacks is updated to 1.28.37
- DimensionalDoors is updated to 2.2.2rc1-336
- EE3 is updated to 0.1.140
- ExtraCells is a new mod!  Version 1.6.8f
- Logistics Pipes is now version 0.7.4.dev.121
- Minefactory Reloaded has been updated to 2.7.8-482
- Nether Ores has been updated to 2.2.2-55
- OpenModsLib is now 0.4b
- OpenPeripherals is now 0.3.3
- OpenPeripheralAddons is now 0.1.3
- Project Red has been updated to 4.3.7.32

- SImply Jetpacks v0.1.4 has been added.
- Galacticraft has been updated to build 1026

- Thermal Expansion updated to 3.0.0.6

- COFHCore updated to 2.0.0.5

- WAILA updated to 1.5.2a

It does not. Seems like we still lack the latest Waila fix to re-enable full Thermal Expansion compatibility, as described >here.

This should definitely go into 1.2.9, if possible.

So, what's new to TE 3.0.0.6 anyway? Team cofh gave very little info in the changelog. Is excessive fluiduct/itemduct piping still cause lag?

Edited by bochen415

It does not. Seems like we still lack the latest Waila fix to re-enable full Thermal Expansion compatibility, as described >here.

This should definitely go into 1.2.9, if possible.

1.2.9c will be going out shortly, I'll include that fix.

The Waila issue still persists in 1.2.9c. Almost all config options for mods are disabled and greyed out.

I am using the dedicated server and had a look at Waila.cfg there. Settings are all "true", only server-forcing is off.

What am I doing wrong?

P.S.: It all works when I start a singleplayer world. Just Server Waila won't work for me.

Edited by Curunir

Update: For some strange reason, Waila works correctly now. After I tested with a singleplayer world and rejoined my server, the settings are enabled and not greyed out any more. Looks like starting a new world somehow "reset" Waila. I did not even restart the server.

Another update: When I start the game and join my server, Waila is crippled again. I need to load a singleplayer game, quit it and then join the server for Waila to work correctly. When I don't load a singleplayer game first, I'm back to the old state.

Edited by Curunir

Update: For some strange reason, Waila works correctly now. After I tested with a singleplayer world and rejoined my server, the settings are enabled and not greyed out any more. Looks like starting a new world somehow "reset" Waila. I did not even restart the server.

Another update: When I start the game and join my server, Waila is crippled again. I need to load a singleplayer game, quit it and then join the server for Waila to work correctly. When I don't load a singleplayer game first, I'm back to the old state.

That is pretty odd.  I'll take a look, there are some config options and keymappings I need to fix for this version anyway.

This IS the same issue I was posting about and no one could help with a while back ;)

Skuli, make sure that you include WAILA server-side as well.

Edited by Gorian

It sure is the same issue. But server-side Waila is included for sure, otherwise it wouldn't work at all. As it stands, I can reproduce this quirk 100%. Start the game, go multiplayer - Waila options greyed out. Go into singleplayer, quit, then join multiplayer - Waila works with everything.

yup,  same symptoms I had, reproducible. And that's not true. WAILA can be run client-side only. And even though it currently isn't in the tekkit server by default, the config IS which can lead to some confusion. Try checking again for the actual WAILA mod file on the server.

I am also all for the move to Computercraft 1.6.

Although I don't use it, there is a CC1.6 dependency for the most recent BigReactors builds, which I would like to see updated. Some quality-of-life improvements in there, like wrenching Turbine fluid ports before the Turbine is assembled.

New version of OpenPeripheral ? Does anyone know if compatibility with CC 1.6 is coming ? I'm really waiting for it to be in tekkit, but I understand you need updated version of OP and OCCS

The development builds of Openperipheral are Computercraft 1.6 compatible, but those are still not recommended, so we're on 1.58 for now.

Hey, what happened to rotten flesh smelting to leather recipe?

I remember in the configs: cheaty leather recipe = true. Which mod did that?

Edit:

Oops, just tried 1.2.8e on creative. It works but only in a redstone furnace, NOT vanilla furnace.

Edited by bochen415