Rumour of project red pipes crashing servers.

Mangles

I've heard rumour of project red pipes crashing multiplayer servers. Not wanting to go through that heart ache I have strayed anyone on the server from using them for now. Is there any truth to the rumours that the project red stuff crashes the servers?

A long time ago there were issues with the crafting pipes which could cause all kinds of headaches, server crashes among them, but I haven't tried recently - that's where I'd suggest you look if you wanted to test it (this was a lot of versions ago but it's the only thing I can think of that caused that kind of problem - if they're fine now you should be good).

I haven't had issues with the crafting pipes crashing servers, but in my experience with them since 1.0.9c up into 1.0.11a is that they still cause issues, crafting pipes only in this case. I have had them cause local only client errors while attempting to use them but have yet to get them to crash a server in any recent version of the modpack. (excluding of course a false report of them being the problem in relation to the tessellation error that is reported due to archiemedes ships)