Server mods problem

Hammar

Ok so i have a Forge server 1.6.4 with a few mods and i see the map mod, i see the invetory mod, i see the pixelmon sidepanel, but i there is NO blocks from the mods, not any pokemon, and i can't pick a pokemon in the beggining.

Pls Help!

Edited by Hammar

Ok so me and my friend have been playing PixelSpark-PixelMon on a lan-party by opening the world to lan, now we want to be able to play together at home...

I downloaded the forge installer and installed the forge server, then i put all the mods from the modpack inside the mod folder, and i start the server and i am able to join, i see the map mod, i see the invetory mod, i see the pixelmon sidepanel, but i there is NO blocks from the mods, not any pokemon, and i can't pick a pokemon in the beggining.

Thats pretty much all i know how to tell you, if you want more info pls tell me what and how to get it.

Thanks

Edited by Hammar

• Discord Moderator

REIMinimap and Optifine are "client only" mods. They are only needed on the client as all they do is change how things are rendered locally on your screen. They make no modifications to the data going between your client and the server. The server won't even start if those mods are installed and must be removed. You will still be able to connect to a server that doesn't have those mods installed and use them in your client.

MCPC+ (now Cauldron) is a combination of Minecraft, Forge, Spigot and Bukkit. It has some optimizations installed as well as providing access to Bukkit plugins.

thats the thing, if i start the server with the forge.jar it just crashes, i can start it with the minecraft_server.1.6.4.jar tho

The MCPC just loads a few files, the forge.jar just crashes

Edited by Hammar

• Discord Moderator

Maybe being more explicit will help.

• Make a folder for your server. We'll reference that folder as SERVER.
  • Download MCPC+ for 1.6.4 and put it in SERVER. We'll reference this file as MCPC.jar regardless of what you name it locally.
  • Copy your config and mods folders into SERVER.
  • Remove REIMinimap and Optifine from the mods folder in SERVER.
  • Start MCPC.jar. A simple command to do that could be: java -Xmx2048m -Xms2048m -jar MCPC.jar nogui

As for your error, it says there is a duplicate mods exception. You have two of the same mod in your mods folder.

• Discord Moderator

I'm not sure how you could be getting any errors. The exact steps I followed were to do PRECISELY what I posted above and it works. If you are seeing something different then you are doing something different.