Quarry just too good.

Uprox

I'm having problems with my guarrying setup. When I have a large quarry running at full speed, it is making blocks faster than my itemduct/pnumatic pump can remove them from a large alchy chest attached to it. Now I end up with my quarry vomiting blocks everwhere. what kind of setup can i use that will be able to handle the volume of blocks? (and yes i do have the pumps set to withdraw an entire stack at a time as is)

if you have tesseracts, this will make quarrying really easy, just put one directly above your quarry and connect it with 2 cables ;)

on the receiving end you could put a me-interface and directly suck it into your network...

I suggest attaching some DeepStorageUnits to your network which should take the common materials (e.g. cobblestone, gravel, dirt,...)

Don't recommend late-game equipment to solve early-game problems. Tesseracts are overkill to solve this when you just start quarrying.

Itemducts are fast enough to keep up with a full-speed quarry, although there can be some congestion when the quarry encounters lots of different block types in a short time frame. Use at least a Reinforced Strongbox as a buffer chest and you should never have "buffer overflow" problems - if, and that is important, there is no congestion further down the line. I recommend setting up four DSUs, one each for Cobblestone, Dirt, Gravel and Sand (the latter is only really necessary when you quarry in the desert, which I usually do). All other stuff should fit into one or two further Reinforced Strongboxes along the pipe, or you could opt to directly pipe ores into a processing chain.

It may be that extraction from Alchemy Chests is slower than from TE's own Strongboxes. If so, you could still attach two Pneumatic Servos and extract from two sides of the chest to effectively double extraction speed. Maybe set one side to only extract dirt and cobblestone.

1st, didn't read anything about early game quarry

2nd I still recommend tesseracts as the setup gets much more easy ;) (even if they are mid-game)

a buffer chest will always overflow (no matter the size of it) if theres only one duct extracting from that chest.

The reason is the way the ducts are dragging Items out of that chest (it will always take the first slot that has an item in it and ignores the size of the stack) so if you want to make sure, that your chest never overflows, use 2 itemducts set to actively extract items out of that one chest...

DSU's can be connected using itemducts, too and ofc, you'll need some kind of valid inventory to put the wanted stuff in (e.g. gold chest)

I'm shocked. I've never had an issue with quarries. I've always used vanilla chest as a buffer and impulse itemducts to a row of DSUs and gold (didn't afford diamond) chests.

P.S. Don't use chest on the itemduct corner.

Edited by bochen415

I use an enderchest system connected up to my ME system. Also I sync an ender pouch to the enderchest and carry it with me. That way if or when I need to dump anything it is auto sorted/imported into my system.

Admittingly I don't play on a server so I don't have to worry about keeping my stuff private.

I do think that once you have an ME network running, you should be beyond quarries anyway. But to each his own.

Impulse Itemducts are an option if you really manage to overload regular ones. But given a quarry running at normal speed, a regular Itemduct will drain its buffer chest at a sufficient rate. Whenever the quarry is pulling long stretches of the same block (mostly cobble), there will be enough time for the Itemduct to pull several stacks out. With a sufficiently large buffer chest, it will work just fine - I recommend a Reinforced Strongbox.

Thanks for all the help. Im about to try a fix as i move to a new quarry site.

1. I didnt even realize you could put a tesseract right on a quarry. mind blown!

2. I already had 1 tesseract that was getting pumped to from the chest on top the quarry. I think it turns out that This was caused by a problem with chunk loading on the receiving side of the tesseract.

3. I also did not know about putting 2 sides of a chest with itemducts to solve this too.

Thank you all again and I should have this setup going strong again.

Edited by Uprox