Need help making cauldron server/ and or adding plugins.

Saianna

Hello, I'm Saianna, and I have a very specific problem. I've noticed that other servers have plugins like GP, and such. I have looked at many a tutorial, and tried I don't know how many times (At least ten or eleven times)... But I just can't get my server to work with plug-ins. It's in dire need of help, as we can't set homes or protect our land. I haven't even gone public with it I'm so dissatisfied. Is there something I'm missing? Is this easier than I'm making it out to be? And help would be greatly, GREATLY appreciated.

P.S. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place or if there's another topic about this, I did check, but didn't see any. :/

I suppose I should update a bit more, my RAM is 8g (7.48g available). I have a 64 bit system, and I have the correct java installed. After snooping on these forums some more, I have found that other people are using MCPC+. How? I have no clue, I thought it got changed to gradle, or cauldron, or something. I have an existing server, but I have failed in all previous and current attempts to add gradle/cauldron. I can't even find a current MCPC+. Am I using the wrong versions of these programs?

MCPC+ is indeed cauldron now, but the files are the one and the same, downloading cauldron 1.6.4 is the same as downloading the old mcpc+ - however, the location for 1.6.4 is a bit buried but it is located in the same place as the old mcpc+ is, just under the name "Cauldron164"

The method is once you've got cauldron (you need the server jar and the libraries), put the jar in the main server folder and rename it BTeam.jar (rename the one that's there right now BTeam.jar.old or something), put the libraries folder in there with it (with the cauldron libraries that came when you ran the installer) and that's it, it should run.  It'll load mods from the mods folder in that directory and plugins from a plugins directory in that same folder.