Tropicraft Spawn Rates

XSwiftX

Anyone else have a problem with the spawn rates for the dinos being out of control?  Even in the cave systems they are spawning everywhere and the big guys (trex, brach) are destroying huge swaths above ground and underground. But hey the good news is monkeys are spawning again.....  lol

Yes. I do.

I whitelisted myself to the coconut bomb whitelist and blew up a bunch of dinosaurs.

LOL, I thought about that but made a dubstep gun instead.  I may have to make the Tropicraft realm off limits until this can get fixed. Or remove it entirely....

You can turn off the block breaking "feature" of the larger dinos. Check the config.

I did that already but it still doesn't fix the spawn rates which are the bigger issue. Running at 100% cpu and eating a ton of memory is making the server unplayable. If someone goes into the Tropi realm it usually requires a server restart to get things back to normal.

Stuck it in the tracker  http://forums.technicpack.net/tracker/issue-2793-tropicraft-mob-spawn-rates-excessive/

Edited by XSwiftX

The spawn rates are actually similar, but there's much less landmass available for them to spawn (so you see them dogpile onto tiny little islands and pack into cave systems often - that's the only valid area).

You can offset it to some extent by removing the areas they are allowed to spawn from the list, look for worldofdinos.cfg in the config folder.

The line S:dinoBiomeIdList=201,202,203,204,205,206,207,208,209 can be changed, just remove those numbers to remove dino spawning completely or restrict them to only a biome or two and they'll be much less common.

I removed every biome on that config and then went around the already explored areas and slaughtered dinos.

I think they still spawn in much larger volumes then before. They also never spawned underground before this update as well. Nothing like finding a t-rex spawned in a large cave area at level 20. I explored a large cave system and found hundreds upon hundreds of them spawned all the way to almost bedrock. Took me a few hours to clean up the portal area and just clear the surface areas that have been explored. There is still an issue with tropi mobs spawning to much IMO.

TOLry1X.png

Edited by XSwiftX