How To Display Liquid

novaelite

Hey Everyone!

I played on a server that just got reset, but right before the reset i saw a base that had this really cool block/item/whatever that actually displayed liquid.  however it wasn't a tank or the liquid display, rather it was like a glass panel in thickness, and it had pyrotheum in one and energized redstone in another, and you could see the liquid moving around just like the square image of molten stuff you see when you search for it in the inventory screen.  He made it into like a wallpaper for a hallway.  however, i can't remember what he used to do that.  can anyone help?!

Thank you in advance,

novaelite

Edited by novaelite

Are you sure he didn't just pour out a bucket and then walled it up with a glass pane(l)?

I am pretty sure because it was thin. But I will do that in creative and see if it looks the same. Thank you for the suggestion, anything else come to mind?

No, You might want to do this.

Melt glowstone and put it in a bucket.

Put a line of blocks down.

Make window panes.

Put window panes on one side.

Put a block on top of window panes.

Pour glowstone in the blocks.

Glowstone flows upwards. Looks really great.

Put panes on other side t

Enclose glowstone "wallpaper".

You can use open block tanks as well.

It's server lag too, not just framerate lag.  Tall tanks are less laggy than wide tanks (it's the fluid trying to level out across multiple layers which causes the lag - if you've got even a 9x9x9 tank then that's 81 tanks updating every time you add or remove fluid).

It's server lag too, not just framerate lag.  Tall tanks are less laggy than wide tanks (it's the fluid trying to level out across multiple layers which causes the lag - if you've got even a 9x9x9 tank then that's 81 tanks updating every time you add or remove fluid).

Hmm... I had not considered that. Explains the lag at my "workshop". 4 big tanks - sludge, both types of XP, and lava. Will rethink my tank setups now.  :)

Edited by XSwiftX