A B-Team Users Challenge Issued!

DanielUSA

I got an infinite villager spawner going and well it is working with grand success. SOOOOO!

I got all these villagers in this little square and I don't know what to do with all of them....except I know I want to SMELT THEM!!! (Trigger Lightning and Evil Laugh)

My challenge to you is:

How would you move them to a smelter?!

Anything Goes!

Will you be super elaborate or technically simple?! Share with me your ideas!

Here is a screenshot of my layout:

xogqpz.jpg

Edited by DanielUSA

I thought about having a smelter under them, then let's say...I don't know....an earthquake happens and the floor collapses... xD

I want to keep the villagers reproducing though and I don't want to have to use safari nets over and over to smelt and repopulate.

I also don't want to smelt the babies.

Edited by DanielUSA

Adjusting on Kal's suggestion: Chronotyper to separate the adults and babies. Drop the adults into an Enhanced Portals portal, with an output portal hovering ominously (and conveniently) over a bubbling vat of molten whatever-is-most-villanous.

I am more a fan of the airport method. Since I power my Auto spawner with mob essence from 3 normal spawners I have aqcuired I do not need a breeding stock.

Then I have conveyor belts encase in glas (just the floor is stone to place them), which transport the guys towards the smeltery and then drop them in.

So kind of "pessengers Johnson, De Ryuter and Butcher please proceed to gate immediatly for further processing!".

Using the bdcraft modpack with the AOTBT Add on makes that exta cruel, since they are screaming like dieing Javas from Star Wars MUAHAHAHAHAHAARRRR!!!

Thinking about the Chronotyper one I think you have solved my issue. I didn't know how to do it without losing my initial "input" villager breeders. If for example I have 100 adult villagers I can chronotype their babies to another area and then chronotype the babies when they get grown.

What I plan on trying to do is get an entity counter, then have that send a signal to an enhanced portal that is one block off the ground. I believe that babies will go under the portal and adults with get teleported.

That would work Daniel, might need some adjustments on how it all works out, but it would work since baby villagers do not count as two blocks. Though if they see something they may be able to "jump" on then they will go through that portal.

Im picturing some type of convoluted conveyer belt system to move them around just for fun. 

Start with the chronotyper to move them into their own "pen"

Then use a second for an adult "pen" to harvest from

Then you could use some advanced drawbridges to open a pathway to the conveyor system and then have them run wherever you want. Would be kinda funny to watch them moving around on them (Possibly encased in glass) like a Jetsons thing or something, only to be dropped (can be from high above too.....) into a smeltery. 

I'm Imagining all those villagers on a grand tour (an elaborate system of conveyor belts that wraps around my base). They all believe they are being conveyored to the grand beyond (because it's a grand tour after all). Only to realize that their heaven is at the bottom of a smelter! JAWAAAAAAAA

I think so, you need to start with blood from the mob not from you, and I'm not sure if the crystal would work on non-players, but it's possible to make villagers you can shear and milk, yes.

Edit: Note you'll need to use machines to get the milk out - you can get the wool by shift-right-clicking I think but milk I think I couldn't do by hand, just opened the interface or didn't work.

Edited by Loader

I think so, you need to start with blood from the mob not from you, and I'm not sure if the crystal would work on non-players, but it's possible to make villagers you can shear and milk, yes.

Edit: Note you'll need to use machines to get the milk out - you can get the wool by shift-right-clicking I think but milk I think I couldn't do by hand, just opened the interface or didn't work.

To bypass the whole interface is the same method used to name villagers in SMP - someone needs to open the interface then another player can use the name tag on them, or in this case, the bucket.

I'm Imagining all those villagers on a grand tour (an elaborate system of conveyor belts that wraps around my base). They all believe they are being conveyored to the grand beyond (because it's a grand tour after all). Only to realize that their heaven is at the bottom of a smelter! JAWAAAAAAAA

Just keep in mind that conveyor belts are not the most friendliest of things when it comes to lagging servers. They will cause issues when enough of them are around. (Person on the server i play on ended up having around 150 of them for a few grinders they setup that was causing additional 4ms to be added to the overall server tick time, which is significant when 20tps is only 50ms)

Edited by Kalbintion

Today I woke up and thought of a new way to kill villagers. *I haven't opened my game since I made this post due to how many villagers I have and what to do with them*

Create a rail system that has passenger pick ups and passenger drop off rails. Shuttle villagers on the Emerald Express.

Just keep in mind that conveyor belts are not the most friendliest of things when it comes to lagging servers. They will cause issues when enough of them are around. (Person on the server i play on ended up having around 150 of them for a few grinders they setup that was causing additional 4ms to be added to the overall server tick time, which is significant when 20tps is only 50ms)

Are slime channels any more merciful?