Minons spawn a trillion skull heads and freeze game

wins247

the minons that can mine for you happened to come across a fossil then broke the fossil while i was mining away at obsidian and now 10000000000 skulls are all over the floor and i cant do anything from the lag so i left the game and now when i rejoin the entire world is BLACK and i can walk through everything and i cant see anything besides my inventory and my map.... PLZ HELP

Load the game, immediately press T and type in /cofh killall item - this will remove all dropped items, it may take some time for the game to catch up client side but as soon as you do it immediately, it will be resolved. However, MCEdit is quicker to do this.

Killall works on items?  Learned something new today. :)

Killall works on entities. Dropped items are entities, therefore it works :P just need to know the entity name in order for cofh killall to work. There is one thing i didnt mention about that command though, it will also kill all Item Frames, so if you have any, theyll be lost too.

Okay so its still reallyyy laggy but i can see the skullys laying on the floor and i typed that in but it says No entities found matching "skull"! 

in the chat box!!!!!!! do they have like a name or a number that i need to type in with /cofh killall skull 

or do i just wait

Hmmm. I like to use minions for the digging a lot, but this has me thinking now, wheter it would be smart to continue doing so.

Which AOTBT version are you using?

Has anybody tried using the killall switch via a serverconsole ... would that work as well? That way one could issue the command without actually being on the server to do so.

True, once the chunk is unloaded that won't help. It was more the "I got booted or am completely stuck and have the console a second means to issue that command". Will check it our later today. It might come in handy in such scenarios.

Hmmm. I like to use minions for the digging a lot, but this has me thinking now, wheter it would be smart to continue doing so.

Which AOTBT version are you using?

Has anybody tried using the killall switch via a serverconsole ... would that work as well? That way one could issue the command without actually being on the server to do so.

This odd entity duplication issue happens in all versions of this modpack, its a very rare bug that happens with the minions mod. It is normally safe to use, but there appears to be some specific instances where them dropping their items on the ground causes a massive and rapid infinite drop until the area is unloaded.

With minions I have learned to take this precaution:

Create a poppet shelf and place it next to the chest (Which I place right next where they are mining or chopping wood.) you have told the minions to place items in. They will always unload their stuff directly into a chest this way and you may even go to another dimension (In my case Tropicraft).

With minions I have learned to take this precaution:

Create a poppet shelf and place it next to the chest (Which I place right next where they are mining or chopping wood.) you have told the minions to place items in. They will always unload their stuff directly into a chest this way and you may even go to another dimension (In my case Tropicraft).

Lucky you, I have never been able to get them to stick anything in a chest  lol

Edited by XSwiftX