Get rid of excess fluids (without Extra Cells)

Roversword

Hi all

I have an automated animal farming which does breed, chronotype and grind the animals.

When the animals breed and are being grinded I get Mob Essence which is being transfered into a rather big tank.

However, I get way too much mob essence which (at the moment) is blocking the whole sewage as well (which I need somewhere else).

I have not yet tried to attach the liquid router directly to the sewer to ensure a complete seperation of the two fluids (however, that would make things really complicated).

Is there way to get automatically rid of  excess fluids (in my case mob essence) once a certain limit is reached or a tank is full?

I am not yet using extra cells (in which such a solution with the liquid void would exist). Are there any other options?

Fluid router + void fluid pipe(BC).  Just set the fluiduct too filter mode to place the fluid you want into the tank first.  And set one of the fluiducts after that to dense mode before dumping the contents into a fluid router.  Have the fluiducts going into the router set to output only, it will fill the tank first, then if anything does not fit, it will be routed into the fluid router and voided.  You can have up too 5 different fluiducts going into the router and they will all get voided since the BC fluid pipe will be the only valid output.

Edited by jakalth

Jakalth, thanks a lot.

However, I have difficulties to understand your instructions.

How can I set a fluiduct to filter mode or dense mode? Installing a servo appears to have no effect (how should I be able to configure this?).

Edit: How do you actually put a fluiduct on dense mode? I can on a itemduct, but not on a fluiduct...

Edited by Roversword

Hi jakalth!

Your solution sounded so elegant I was going to employ it myself.  I went looking for the "dense mode" on the fluiducts but I couldn't find anything.  Itemducts support "dense mode", but from my research I couldn't find anything about there being a "dense mode" for fluiducts.  I'd really like to use this, could you either leave a link explaining how this works or, if you are feeling magnanimous, load up a screen shot or two on how to do this.  I fully admit my google-fu is weak so any help you have to offer would be deeply appreciated.

Edited by Silmenume

Okay, the conclusion is that with fluiducts there is not possibility to get rid of excess fluids if you, for example, have a certain tank filled.

The fluid void pipe does connect to the fluiduct, so that part would work.

However, I am still missing the logic that would make sure that the excess fluid is recognised as such and can be transported to the void pipe.

Anyone an idea?

I went looking for the "dense mode" on the fluiducts but I couldn't find anything.  Itemducts support "dense mode", but from my research I couldn't find anything about there being a "dense mode" for fluiducts.

You can wrench (right-click) a piece of TE pipe to cycle it through its modes. There is red, green and orange, and I honestly cannot remember which one was called dense. The modes govern the preferred direction and can help with fine-tuning your supply network.

One of the settings is round-robin, which will only appear when there are actually several directions to alternate between. I would link to Team COFH for details, but unfortunately they still have only an empty page for Fluiducts.

Edited by Curunir

You can wrench (right-click) a piece of TE pipe to cycle it through its modes. There is red, green and orange, and I honestly cannot remember which one was called dense. The modes govern the preferred direction and can help with fine-tuning your supply network.

One of the settings is round-robin, which will only appear when there are actually several directions to alternate between. I would link to Team COFH for details, but unfortunately they still have only an empty page for Fluiducts.

You can with itemduct, yes. However, you can not with fluiducts. So what Silmenume said was correct in my opinion (and as I stated in the post before). There is no dense mode (or vaccum mode for that matter) with fluiducts.

Hi Roversword,

I THINK that ComputerCraft might be of some help.  I THINK it has a sensor "device" that can read the "full/empty" status of inventories.  Any more details on that you'd have to read up on.  I've only had the most tangental experience with the mod, but I THINK I remember seeing a tutorial on youtube at one point supporting my recollection.

I also know that BuildCraft has "Gates" that fit on their pipes that can sense a bewildering variety of statusus (statusi?) of a device adjacent to it.  That might be able to tell if your tank if full and then send a redstone signal that you might then use to get a valve to change from one direction to another (e.g. your tank and a void pipe.)

Upon a little more research BuildCraft does have the capacity, with their "Gates" to sense 4 states of a tank.  Presumably it has to be one of theirs, but I don't know for certain.  The can sense if a tank is empty, the tank has liquid in it (not empty) and can also be set to test if a specific fluid is in it, the tank has room in it (which can also be set up to sense for a specific fluid), and finally sense if the tank in question is full.

BuildCraft does not APPEAR to have some sort of fluid gate switch of valve.  However, as noted above, the proper Gate does set out a redstone signal, under the proper conditions (such as a full tank) which might be then used on a device from another mod which can act as a liquid valve that changes the flow of you fluid.

That's the best I have to offer.  I hope you can figure something out.  If you do please post, I am curious what that solution might be!

edit - There is a "Valve Pipe" from Additional BuildCraft Objects in Tekkit that pumps water out of a tank under a redstone signal.  Presumably you can place a "Gate" upon this pipe which would be attached to your tank that would sense when the tank is full and pull out whatever fluid is in the tank and send it to a Fluid Void Pipe.  Its a little bit clunky but it should do what you want!

Edited by Silmenume

@Jakalth:

No worries, thank you very much anyway for your input

@Silmenume

Thanks, I will look into that at some point. However, I have never tinkered with computercraft so far and there are other mods on the to do list which have priority :)

@Curunir

Yes, TE4 might be different. Then again we are all still on TE3 with Tekkit 1.2.x (and with my little modpack as well), so this is where my questions headed at the moment. However, you are right, there might be solutions to that built in at some point.

Possible solution or rather workaround:

I have not found a real elegant solution (without extra cells, which poses another issue -> see '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>). However, as a workaround to my particular issue I did the following:

There was one single fluiduct line doing to a liquid router which then separated sewage and mob essence. Now, with the mob essence not being used as nearly as much as it was produced it hogged up the pipelines and the sewage was not being transported as good as it could have.

Now, I made two different fluiduct pipelines (which annoyling can not touch each other and because of that uses a lot of space). One of them for mob essence and one for sewage exclusively. The sewers which take up both liquids have now a liquid router directly attached and two fluiducts (which in turn go into one of the main pipelines which have only sewage or mob essence).

With that the mob essence still clogs up all the pipes, but that does not matter as the pipes are used only for mob essence and the sewage can flow freely in its own infrastructure :)

Once the issues with extra cells are resolved I am sure there might be a solution there (or in the future with TE itself and new blocks/items).

Edited by Roversword

If you have excess Mob Essence, you could add an auto-enchanting chain to soak it up. Just put an Enchantment Router behind your Auto-Enchanter to sort out the enchantments you have a use for (Silk Touch?), and forward all other books into a Cyclic Assembler that crafts Magical Wood. Which can be used to imbue the Golden Bag Of Holding with a very useful unique enchantment, among other things.

Options, options, everywhere.

Edited by Curunir

another solution I had come up with, not a really good one but would work, is to use an auto spawner over a lake of lava or a grinder pit.  Have the fluiducts piping mob essence into your storage tanks continue on too this mod grinder.  Run power and rednet cables in parallel too this line so the mob spawner can recieve a redstone signal.  Also place a BC structure pipe next to your mob essence tank with a gate on it.  Set the gate to detect when the tank is full and either have it stop outputting a redstone signal, or output a signal into a redstone inverter(block with a redstone tourch on the other side).  Just hook up this output too the other end of the rednet cable and voila, you have a mob spawner that will use up excess mod essence when the tank is full, and turn off when the tank is not full. 

Either way, it should work and you can either keep the mod drops or let the mobs burn in lava.  Setting the spawner to spawn exact copies will let it burn through the excess essence faster.  The setup will keep the tanks as priority as well so when they drop, even a little bit, the spawner will be turned off untill the tanks fill again.

If what you want is a system that waits untill a certain tank is full, and then proceeds to dump any excess fluid the following may work.

Use any of the Termal Expansion tanks as your "detector" tank. If you place a vanilla comparator with its back to the tank, it will output a redstone signal relative to the percentage of the tank fullness. Use another TE tank as a valve by applying the signal from the comparator to it. This way the system will wait untill the detector tank is full, then send a redstone signal to change the valve tank into output mode. Stick a Nullifier under the valve tank for stylish fluid disposal. It maybe even work better if the detector and valve tanks are one and the same.

Haven't tried building this, but in theory it should work.

• 8 years later...

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I came here in hopes of a simple answer. In the year 2022 (1.12.2 modpack), here's a simple way to purge excess liquids. Attach a clay pipe to your storage tank, then continue the pipe into a void pipe. If you want to consume the liquid, continuously pump it out of the tank with a redstone engine. The void pipe will only get liquid if the storage tank is full.

image.thumb.png.bec3e9d807c2dc8297fb3643371423da.png