Moon

thomasle158

You usually get a return rocket when you land on the moon, but you need to set it up and fuel it.

As for things to do there, I believe standard Galacticraft progression is farming Meteorite on the Moon, until you have enough to advance in the Galacticraft tech tree. Which will allow you to build a rocket that can reach Mars, where you maybe want to set up a base.

Just for the record, I think Galacticraft progression is asinine, together with most of its concepts.

• Moderators

Light on the moon is a big issue. If you have a power suit, try it the LUX capacitor lights. Haven't had a chance too myself yet.

There is a moon dungeon you'll need to beat to get the Mars rocket plans.

Building a base and oxygenating it can be a fun challenge too.

as theres no oxygen on the moon, i can understand the concept that we are unable to illuminate the environment using fire (didn't try using a lighter on netherrack on the moon)

galacticraft brings it's own torches you can craft with glowstone, these should light the place up...

No luck? They should provide some illumination, although less than regular torches. If you need bright light in a no-oxygen environment, try Redstone Lamps or Floodlights.

Night vision may also help. The cheapest and easiest way to obtain that buff is crafting an XP Extractor, filling an empty bucket with Mob Essence (need to have at least one level currently), placing the liquid somewhere and touching it. Lasts for 60 seconds and can be renewed by touching the Mob Essence again, infinitely.

I don't know about liquid placement on the Moon, though. Galacticraft may have imposed restrictions to that, like the Nether does.

Edited by Curunir

When night falls on the moon, not only the light from the sky deminishes, so does the light from most light emitting blocks as well. This means that no matter how well lit your lunar base is during the day, it will still be swamped in monsters at night.

I think lava still gives the normal ammount of light.

It's just another instance of complete bullshit that whoever made Galacticraft thought was a good idea. It's like lack of enjoyability is an intentional design choice.

This, plus the fact that Galacticraft refuses to play nice with most other mods in Tekkit makes me think we might be better off without it.

</RANT>

Edited by Kezr

The glowstone Galacticraft torches you craft should work for some light, but for some reason the Galacticraft torches you find in moon villages seem to be fizzled out like regular torches in 1.2.9e. Night vision helps a lot. I have not tested regular torches in an oxygen bubble. If you have mystcraft books you can use those to go back and forth to the moon once you get there.

It is strange that trees and wheat grow with no atmosphere, but that gives you something to gather oxygen from.

I have not figured out how long the lunar day or night are (longer than MC days of course), or if you can tell when it is light there from the phase of the moon. It is much easier to move around on the surface during the lunar day. I did not realize there were mobs on the moon until I explored underground (and nightfall). To progress you not only need to gather meteorites, but also find plans in a moon dungeon. It helps to have a jetpack not only to escape mobs during the lunar night, but also because I believe entrances to moon dungeons are a deep shaft with what looks like some sort of brick at the bottom. Although, I have not fully explored that yet. When you find something similar on Mars, there is a 3 headed creeper boss somewhere down there that throws tnt at you.

The lunar day lasts for 80 minutes, as does the night. It is synched with the phases of the moon as seen from the surface of the overworld. The lunar dawn coincides with the full moon, so that would be the optimal time to launch if you wish not to be molested by space monsters as soon as you land.

I'd say your best bet is not to bother with Galacticraft, but if you insist then yes, waiting out the night is the least bad option.

The lunar night is designed to make the moon unplayable for half of the day/night cycle.

You usually get a return rocket when you land on the moon, but you need to set it up and fuel it.

As for things to do there, I believe standard Galacticraft progression is farming Meteorite on the Moon, until you have enough to advance in the Galacticraft tech tree. Which will allow you to build a rocket that can reach Mars, where you maybe want to set up a base.

Just for the record, I think Galacticraft progression is asinine, together with most of its concepts.

Basically the whole point of galacticraft is to say "I created a sustainable colony in space" and then walk away. Though in theory it would be much much harder if it was the only mod. It would also take so much longer and be so much more of a hassle.

Dim vision o na helmet tends to happen in my experience form having night vision. It bugs out in a few dimensions (most notably Dimensional Doors pocket dimensions.)

Edited by Autocthon