any one got a tutorial?

CXXIVLDIVL

First of all, welcome to Tekkit.

Yes, I'm a total noob, and if there's somewhere out there that already has it, please feel free to call me an idiot and say I didn't look hard enough.

Nobody is calling you that. Being a sandbox game, Minecraft itself has a steep learning curve, although people tend to forget that once they went beyond it. Tekkit holds 110 mods on top of that, which is of course overwhelming if you're new to it. Redsector already kindly linked to my newbie guide, which should help you get your bearings.

I also made a seperate SP game to test things out and finally got a quarry to work on my own. (however apparently 3 redstone engines isn't enough to power it) I'm at a loss as to how to get things piped (oil specifically) and how to even use that as fuel, if it's recommended or possible. I don't know, I'm completely lost.

If you got to a Quarry, you did remarkably well already. Redstone Engines generally cannot power machines. I named some energy options in my guide, in point 16 (with a first introduction in point 4). You can either use the guide just to look up partial topics, or try to follow it in full, just as you prefer. Tekkit is about choices after all.

The reason you found so many useless guides is progress: Tekkit has changed a lot since its inception, and the old guides are largely useless because the key mods from back then are not in the pack any more, or have changed dramatically. My current guide will be useless as well at some point, but I intend to update it when we make the big transition to Minecraft 1.7.

Edited by Curunir

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you both so much.

I did search the wiki, however maybe I didn't navigate it properly because I found nothing useful there as far as what powers what, ect.

I think the reason I was having trouble with the Pulverizer in particular is because on the left side of it there's a help box that states it uses a Redstone Power Cell, or something along those lines? And in order to make that, I need sulfer, and in order to get sulfer I need the Pulverizer x(

Curunir; I will read your tutorial in full this time. Maybe I was just too tired and passed over some things which left me confused, which would be very like me. (I was running on 2 hours of sleep after 28 hours of being awake due to an illness I've got)

I appreciate your help despite my lack of reading properly. Thank you both very much!

i followed that tutorial of bochens, also looked at that direwolf video

so now i got a better nether teleporter, sweet

i tested intra linking in creative, im gonna get it in survival when i have a secondary base or some place or something similar

made an disctrictive book with just the link page and got a completely randomized age

i tried a few ages and one of em was really weird! i think it had two yellowish suns, another had explosions randomly going on everything,  was kinda scary

so i need these symbols to make a stable age

from what i saw in the video, i can get symbols from ages and from villager trading or just from their villages sometimes

what i didnt get was how to get a symbol from an age

r they hidden somewhere in the age?

about your mob spawning moving challenge bochen... well that is a really hard challenge, i need to kill a wither for it. the other way you mention.. i dont understand at all!

i am really enjoying mystcraft by the way, all these different worlds you can make and explore.

what i didnt get was how to get a symbol from an age

Every Mystcraft age, whether generated randomly or to specifications, has page libraries scattered all over the world. They're rectangular stone structures, about one chunk in size and 15 blocks tall, not really common but not too rare either, and easily spotted on the map (use the large map by pressing X). These libraries have lecterns containing feature pages (randomly selected, not related to your current age's features), and there's a hidden chest among all the bookshelves with a rather large number of pages as well, or sometimes a notebook filled with even more pages. And before you ask, no, you cannot extract pages from randomly generated books.

Here's a pic of such a library:

lAg5toBl.jpg

Edited by redsector

guys i found a large amount of symbols from the libraries

found two of em in a nice snow/sewage world of some kind

i made 3 random ages, one was the snow/sewage world i mentioned, one was some decaying world with random explosions, and one was some underground place which had the void in open! almost fell in, glad i brought a jetpack

i am wondering how to organize the symbols. they seem to be organized in creative in some notebooks

Edited by CXXIVLDIVL

Craft yourself a Mystcraft Writing Desk if you haven't already, and some notebooks (3 leather in a V-shape). You can store the notebooks in the writing desk and organize your symbols in categories. And you'll probably need the writing desk anyway if you want to get into writing specific ages yourself instead of randomly generated ones (while you can assemble the pages you found to new age books in the book binder, the writing desk lets you copy them so you don't run out of those pages you use often).

You can read more about that here. This Mystcraft wiki is actually a good source of information because it's maintained by the mod author himself, so the information you find there is usually up to date.

Oh, and you may also want to have a look at this, this and this, too. Those are guides for understanding the Mystcraft grammar system and a few tips for writing ages exactly how you want them without any instability, randomness and other unwanted stuff.

Edited by redsector

• Moderators

Random worlds are fun. One of mine recently had an ocean of cryo. It was super unstable, managed to grab some buckets and get out.

Another had a pink slime ocean that was trying to form millions of pink slimes. Lagged so bad I cannot return there.

yea, i already have a writing desk

got a notebook too, put all the symbols in it cept the duplicates i have

i'll read that up in time, i think im gonna explore some more random ages and get some more symbols first

@pirate

yeah ur right they are a lot of fun, i havent seen anything as crazy as ur saying but i have seen a snow world with brown sewege like water and the sun and the moon are out at the same time!!! i thought i would see an eclipse but they were slightly out of alignment, also there were random dark spots were mobs spawned a whole lot, at first i thought it was a shadow glitch but it wouldnt fix, the dark area stayed dark no matter what i did, maybe there was a flying island above or something

one more thing guys, i just made a rubber tree auto farm with a planter and a harvester and there was this strange scared rubber sappling that popped out sometimes

it even auto planted it even though i only set it up to plant rubber sappling!

so i searched about sacred rubber sapling and it was said it was something bad and spawned a huge tree

so i used bone meal in creative on a sacred sapling and nothing happened for a while but suddenly a freaking gynormous tree grew! it was incredibly large! my jaw wouldve dropped if it could have

i just replaced my rubber tree farm with a oak one, i cant risk that thing growing in my real world!

Don't worry, those "sacred" rubber saplings you get from cutting down regular rubber trees are fake and won't actually grow into that gargantuan rubber tree. The real sacred rubber saplings are only found in jungle temple chests.

If you're interested in technical details, have a look at the item ID of the sapling and its meta data (the number after the colon), which should be displayed in the NEI tooltip. Regular rubber saplings are ID 698 without meta data (i.e. just 698), the real sacred saplings are those with a metadata of 1 (i.e. item ID 698:1), and the fake saplings have some other number as metadata. Can't remember which exactly, but as long as it's not 1, it's a fake sacred sapling and safe to plant, it will behave like a regular one.

(On the other hand, I remember reading in another forum that some dude actually took the time to harvest that massive rubber tree thing and ended up with something like 2-3 million pieces of rubber wood and raw rubber, and more than 100k saplings. So if you never want to farm wood and rubber again, go ahead, find that real sacred sapling in a temple, plant it and set a massive array of harvesters to cut it down. Expect it to take days. :pervert:)

Edited by redsector

well thats a relief

is it a glitch? i mean the fake scared rubber trees?

im gonna set up the rubber tree farm again

those harvesters must have some big upgrades to cover such a massive area. would need a huge amount of strong boxes for freaking 2 million rubber wood/rubber etc!

i'll try to find the real sacred rubber tree, i might plant in a age or something

is it a glitch? i mean the fake scared rubber trees?

No idea, but I guess it's intended and meant to troll players. If it was a glitch, it would have probably been fixed by now.

would need a huge amount of strong boxes for freaking 2 million rubber wood/rubber etc!

That's what Deep Storage Units are for (2 billion items per unit). Or a massive AE network.

Even an array of maxed-out ME Drives won't take 2 billion of any item easily. This is the realm of the Deep Storage Unit entirely.

As for the Sacred Rubber Tree, I think this was inserted as a server-testing thing, and should be disabled by default. There is a configuration setting somewhere that will enable those saplings to grow. I'm not sure the regularly dropping ones are "fake", maybe just a further distinction to keep players from shooting themselves - or their server admins - in the foot. An MFR autofarm won't even collect them, let alone plant them.

somehow the sacred rubber trees got auto planted on my tree farm, i tried removing them all and then checked again and there was a sacred sapling there again! no problem if their just regular rubber tree saplings with a different name though.

how do  i disable them?

i dont have a ME network yet bochen, i checked a mod spotlight on the AE mod and that stuff is complicated and expensive, really awesome though but the amount of complication makes my head hurt

Look up the recipe for the Tesseract frame. It needs the same steps as the Redstone Energy Cell, just with Resonant Ender instead of Destabilized Redstone, and of course it uses different materials. 4 Ender Pearls (=1 bucket) are enough to fill one, and you need to re-craft the filled frame with Silver and Tinker's Alloy (Bronze) to complete the Tesseract.

They are used for point-to-point connections across the entire world and should be able to bridge between any two dimensions. There are good tutorials out there on how to use them, just make sure you are not looking at one that was still made with Thermal Expansion 2. They changed a lot in TE3.

i dont have a ME network yet bochen, i checked a mod spotlight on the AE mod and that stuff is complicated and expensive, really awesome though but the amount of complication makes my head hurt

You need:

• one ME Controller
  • one ME Drive
  • one Crafting Terminal
  • one Storage Cell to put in the ME drive (4k for the start)

for the simplest network.

Place all these blocks next to each other, put the storage cell in the ME drives first slot and connect the power from your power system to the ME Controller and you're done.

If you add more storage cells to your ME drive you can forget about 20 chests and keep all your stuff in one block.

Keep in mind to store thousands and millions of the same items (cobblestone, dirt etc) in Deep Storage Units.

You can put a Storage Bus to the side of the DSU (increase the priority on the bus) and connect it to your ME Network using ME Cable.

Now your dirt and cobblestone will be visible in the terminal when actually stored in the DSU.

Edited by bochen415

For starters, I recommend an ME Chest instead of the ME Drive. As you will begin with a single storage cell anyway, this will be enough, and also allow you to access that cell directly, rather than through the Terminal. Makes for a friendlier learning curve, I think. The only difference between the Chest and the Drive is just that: The Chest allows interfacing with the cell, while the Drive does not, and the Chest holds just one cell while the Drive holds a bunch.

As for Access Terminals and Crafting Terminals, these do basically the same, but the Crafting Terminal is more useful because it actually allows you to craft directly with the networked resources.

Do note that storage cell efficiency drops with the variety of items stored. So you might want to diversify early, and especially get mass items into connected DSUs to keep the valuable space for important items.

thanks thats much simpler

i'll make both a ME chest and drive if i can Curunir, i am thinking of replacing all my strong boxs with ME chests later

so i needed to make something called a  assembly table to make some crafting components like golden circuit

costed me all my diamonds but i made it

problem is i dont know how to power this thing, the redstone cable wont connect to it

how do i power it?

• Moderators

You don't. Next you need to build lasers (need more diamonds, I'm afraid). Lasers are powered with RF. More lasers = faster crafting.

And put a chest above (next to?) your assembly table to collect your finished chipsets.

Edited by AetherPirate

Assembly tables cannot be powered directly. You need to build a laser and place it somewhere facing the assembly table, like this, for example:

eTDHDNHl.png

You can place it above the table or sideways, however it fits best. Then connect power to the laser, put a piece of redstone on the table and the laser will start crafting your chipset. Make sure to put a chest next to the assembly table, otherwise the crafted items will simply pop out into the world. Apparently, the thing does not have an internal inventory for finished products.

You can use multiple lasers per table to speed up the crafting process.

Edit: AetherPirate beat me to it :)

Edited by redsector