any one got a tutorial?

CXXIVLDIVL

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AE construction gobbles up certus and nether quartz (and dusts), diamonds,, and gold like lemonade on a hot day.

But it's well worth it once built. AE crafting is an awesome thing too.

Plan on multiple, massive quarries to support this building.

i have to get to making a quarry someday but i just keep running out of diamonds!

patience it is then

boy this is really gonna take quite a while, only one chip made in all this time

and i was checking the ME controller recipe and it requires a diamond chip! well time to mine again

i think by the time im done mining the chips wouldve been made

Another tip concerning the assembly table: Like all Buildcraft machines, the laser(s) will keep sucking power out of your network even when idle, and they cannot be switched off via levers.

So you might want to consider putting an energy cell (any will do, but I would use at least a Hardened Energy Cell - the 80 RF/tick limit of the Leadstone Cell would make the laser even slower than it already is) between the laser and your main energy network, attach a lever to it and set its redstone control accordingly, so you can cut off power to the assembly table when it's not in use. You'll be wasting a lot of energy otherwise (of course, if you have something like a Big Reactor already running and producing excess energy, you probably won't care).

(FYI, switching off power can also be automated via Buildcraft pipes, logic gates and the "machine has work to do" condition, but that's probably too complicated to get into right now, so just go with the manual switch off method.)

Edited by redsector

alrighty, imma gonna but a hardened energy cell next to it soon

right now i think im just gonna break the laser it stash it till i need it again

well i do have a 4x4 reactor and it does produce loads and loads of energy 

edit:

im back from mining by the way

i found 6 diamonds!

already crafted the drive and crafter

all theres left is the controller and the 4k storage cell

Edited by CXXIVLDIVL

the chips have finally been made!

i set it up with a ME chest first like curunir sugested, i have a drive too but im gonna first get the hang of this thing before i use that

i must say i am quite satisfied with it, storage is a lot more compact and crafting is a lot easier too, thanks a lot everyone especially botchen

phew, that took a lot of work, im done for today

by the way i dont need the machinist table now right? im gonna  put it in storage

Edited by CXXIVLDIVL

If you manage to get all necessary crafting materials into the ME network, then yes, you could opt to use the Crafting Terminal exclusively. But I imagine that you would need quite a few storage disks for that.

A note on the diamonds: If you are still short on them, you are barely in mid game, and it's actually quite early for an ME network. Most people try to get diamond (and Quartz!) production up before starting the expensive stuff. You could use Equivalent Exchange (easy), Mystcraft Ages (advanced) or simply set up an MFR Laser Drill (easy) to get more resources. Mining Turtles, Quarries and even RIM mining crawlers would work as alternatives.

You can place the Assembly Lasers just about anywhere around the Assembly Table, and it will profit from twenty or more of them.

Edited by Curunir

^ oh man so i didnt need a laser at all...

oh well, i'll use that recipe when i have to upgrade my AE storage

ur right curunir, i better get around to doing that stuff

i made a mining turtle since i was a bit low on diamond

its fun seeing it mine

i set it to tunnel 128 like you said bochen, but what do i do to stop it?

Break it with an pickaxe or steal his fuel.

You can also exit the game when in singleplayer and log on again. The turtle programming stops when the build in server stops.

Edit: Right click on it and press Ctrl+R for 2 seconds. It will reboot.

You can try a shorter tunnels like 'tunnel 64' or even shorter.

Edited by bochen415

ok, i will keep those commands in mind, you gotta break it anyway

right now i was just checking out 1.8 and its new features. sphax has made a lot of changes to its texture pack, i like em

also the sphax tekkit patch pack has just been update so u guys might wanna check it out

http://bdcraft.net/community/pbdc-patches-rel-packs/tekkit-t274.html

they put in new textures for mine factory reloaded and something from EE3

Buildcraft Pump with Drums, or an army of slaves with buckets and Drums (slaves being other players who owe you favours for some reason).

Liquifacted Coal is a TE fluid that will allow you to power Compression Dynamos with just Coal as an energy source. I never did the math on efficiency, and I guess it only has merits if you are short on oil, while Coal is abundant. It should be more efficient than burning the same Coal in Steam Dynamos, otherwise the whole thing would be silly. Still, only worth your while as a self-serving project, or if you're short on Yellorium for some reason.

Edited by Curunir

well i dont have any slaves so pumps it is

i have quite an amount of yellowrium and right now it feels like i'll never run out of power cause of that 4x4 reactor you had me built

i thought the other dynamo would be more useful, i'll just leave this world and maybe comeback if i desperately need power

Edited by CXXIVLDIVL

• 4 weeks later...

Well, the easier solution is Deep Storage Units for the mass items. But since you'll want to go to the Deep Dark eventually, it's not a bad idea to start making Compressed Cobblestone with your first Quarry.

i would make DSU but i am short on ender pearls

by the way i made two restone energy cells, one for the quarry and one for my own base.

i know how to use the liquid transposser now

hmm, what is the deep dark?

It's a painfully dark dimension (you will get damage when it's dark), a mining dimension that is. This should partially answer your question. Look out for the holes in bedrock... Craft a jetpack first. Search for the semi-stable ingots nuggets recipe before crafting. The unstable ones will explode after 10 seconds when crafting them. This will omit any armor and will kill you.

Have fun.

Edit: Oh, I forgot: mobs are overpowered there and spawn regardless of the light level. Only magnum torches suppress that.

Edited by bochen415

ive checked that link and that place looks like a lot of fun

i checked the recipe for the portal and it appears i need some unstable ingots too for it

(i'll make the nuggets instead of the ingots cause like u said their unstable and will explode!)

i got the cobble but not those

i need something called a division sigil to make em

how do i get a sigil?

Edited by CXXIVLDIVL