How to safely move machines

Does any1 happen to know of a site where it tells you which tool to use in order to safely move an item without breaking it down to the machine block or anything else. i tried to move my mass fabricator with the red wrench and it jus reverted to an advanced machine block straight away. 1 click.

im about to attempt to move a mfsu and dont want the same thing to happen

So i used the orange/red IC wrench on my nuclear reactor and it reverted to a fucking generator. so frustrating

Congratulations on not reading the thread you already posted in to find out how to move machines without losing them?

The Bronze wrench only works for some objects, for higher leveled machines, use an electric wrench, and have lossless mode enabled by holding M and right clicking i believe. It uses a lot of power, so if you plan on removing an MFSU or other storage device, make sure you have one charged to keep the wrench powered. Another good thing to do, look at the wikis before trying anything stupid.

Does any1 happen to know of a site where it tells you which tool to use in order to safely move an item without breaking it down to the machine block or anything else. i tried to move my mass fabricator with the red wrench and it jus reverted to an advanced machine block straight away. 1 click.

im about to attempt to move a mfsu and dont want the same thing to happen

To clarify the other replies, the wrench gives a chance to give back the machine. This is not a guarantee, but it is typically a good chance.

Turning an electric wrench to "Lossless Mode" will use VAST amounts of power, however, it WILL GUARANTEE that you get the machine back. Hope that helps. Losing expensive machines sucks.

The normal wrench has a 70% chance of working and a 30% chance of destroying the machine. Their are a few exceptions for this how ever namely for generators and i think batboxs. As for the electric wrench you can set it to lossless mode but holding M and hitting up or down. If done right you will get a message saying it is enabled and will remain enabled until you turn it off. As for using it as said before it will take a lot of energy out of the wrench and nearly deplete its internal battery. Luckily you can make a batpack which you can charge up and wear to enable you to use it a few more times between charging.

Ah cool thanks for all the helpful tips. I didnt know that there was only a chance that items would remain intact. Does the electric wrench lose more power for more expensive machines when using lossless mode? or is it like a set rate. These are some mistakes i will not be making again lol. Atleast i got me some sweet quantum pants before this happened