Permissions

Does anyone have a useful link on how to setup permissions? Coming from a bukkit server I feel completely lost for some reason. I downloaded GroupManager 2.8.2 and this just copied the already setup perm configs from my bukkit server but that does not work.

Hell, if anyone has a setup PEX folder/files that I could use or anything really.

I was about to start a permissions thread myself.

I setup my first tekkit server recently and love it (props to everyone involved)

my only problem is that by default some of the permission I want are off, e.g warps

not wanting to be a nuisance, I did a bit of research and set-up bukkitpermissions and thinks work...ok

the problem for me is the order of the plug-ins loading places permissions near the end thus any mods before permissions is loaded cant USE permissions and ..hence the problem.

please tell me I am not doing something stupid here.

is there already a permissions system in place that supersedes bukkitpermissions or something?

There aren't any real permissions for the mods as such, they just don't work the same way as bukkit plugins. That said if you are using area protection (Towny, World Guard, etc...) you will need to either OP the fake users for the mods or add the needed specific blockbreak/place permissions for each, they are [buildCraft] [Forestry] [industrialCraft] [RedPower] I'm not 100% sure if there is one for Rail Craft but I added [RailCraft] as well just to be on the safe side. If you are using Towny you will need to add them as NPCs. This guide explains how to do it which worked for me.

This fix one will allow the protection plugins to properly record the block place event which was modified for some reason, breaking compatibility.

Does anyone have a useful link on how to setup permissions? Coming from a bukkit server I feel completely lost for some reason. I downloaded GroupManager 2.8.2 and this just copied the already setup perm configs from my bukkit server but that does not work.

Hell, if anyone has a setup PEX folder/files that I could use or anything really.

This is what i have currently in my world/group file

when you want permissions made, you need to include what plugins you're using that way permissions can be made for those plugins, since that's where most permissions come from. if you post a list, i'll post a perm file for pex you can use, since it's easy for me to set up

Im making a server and im trying to use GM but when i log in none of the commands work. Im op aswell and i cant do /help /tp. aswell i cant break any blocks now. what do i need to do?

I noticed a YAML called Bukkit.yml it says the permissions are from permissions.yml

do i have to edit that?

when you want permissions made, you need to include what plugins you're using that way permissions can be made for those plugins, since that's where most permissions come from. if you post a list, i'll post a perm file for pex you can use, since it's easy for me to set up

Can you post a permissions file for just the plugins that come with a Tekkit install? This would probably give most peeps most of what they need and an example to work from to figure out how to config for any plugins they add.