Inventory Space: WE WANT MOAR!

In my opinion, and I think we all have noticed, the standard inventory is not large enough for this mod. I hate that after I start to get some good loot in a world, my inventory fills up rather quickly, and I have to choose between items, which can be hard sometimes because one item may have +20% defense, and another may have +18% fortitude, and you can't deside which one to throw out.

I think that the mod maker should either just make the inventory itself larger, or add some sort of item like the Alchemist's bag from technic to store over double the items. I am coming to you with this becuase after a while it gets annoying having to throw away half the stuff you get, especially when you have to bring back some stuff for your friend to your base.

Please reply with your thoughts on this idea, because I think it would get rid of some stress it is causing players when having to trash their inventory every 10 minutes. Thanks for reading.

He's not going to add more invintory space sir.

For one, he meant it to be the size it is for a reason, it's an already expanded version of the standard minecraft inventory, hsouldn't that be enough?

For two, you are MEANT to make descisions, you aren't supposed to keep crap weapons from the begining of the game or leather armor that you'll never use. You are meant to recycle and reuse things.

For three, the only thing that might change is inv management including the chest, forge, crafting, and enchanting screens. To acomidate the expanded space.

Bottom line is that there is more space than normal, you are being whiney, if you want more space just install the backpack mod.

I do think we need an inventory system where we can see our whole inventory, because right now it is painful to organize it without entering a chest, but then you can't see it all.

Said that lol

For three, the only thing that might change is inv management including the chest, forge, crafting, and enchanting screens. To acomidate the expanded space.

Meh, I mean if the pages are adjusted for the crafting, chests, furnaces, etc. then you'd realize it, but as it stands I think people need to chill bout it is all, it's not like we don't have more space it just needs to be properly organized and not stuffed full of junk that we'll never use. Right?

Nope. We actually do need more bag space. Trying to go through 1000 items after spending 10mins clearing a stacked tower in 350 zone is no fun when you only have 1 bag slot spare.

I run around with 2 different resist sets, a run speed set, a high stat set, a few different wands and a group of resources i use to repair. I play on a busy pvp server so i avoid using chests and like keeping hold of the good items so i can give to noobs or trade for repair resources.

Sure, less junk could drop. That would be a removal of fun from the game though. Digging through lots of items to try and find the good ones is fine.

I personally just like the way it works with minecraft, you make a chest and keep extra items from your adventures there.

But....it could be cool instead of just a chest like the one from diablo...making a magical chest that you can summon with all your items in it..but it'd be something you have to earn. or you can make the chests lockable, and simply have a key that the player uses to unlock it.

i dunno i just found it fun when you had to be crafty about your stashes (burrying them somewere clever on servers so others couldn't loot them)

• 4 weeks later...

I like the idea of being able to scrap/salvage items for resources you could use to build new items, or repair old ones.

This would be awesome for finally being able to build dragon picks.

As it is I dump most items I find in lava, and/or cram them into a chest in the dungeon and leave them.

OP plays on a PVP server so I'd just recommend to him get rid of some of the extra equipment, shouldn't be too hard to keep a bunch of iron and redstone, 3 slots max, and then a spare set of gear or two shouldn't take up more than 2 tabs total. 2 additional tabs is plenty for adventuring.

I have noticed there are a lot of griefers/thieves on H/M servers so burying a chest somewhere isn't a great solution. On servers with the /home command, however, you can get more creative with your storage solutions.

Simple fix.

Grab EE from technic 1.(something) the same as the yog box. And them make some alchemical bags. Win-Win

P.S. you dont need any type of fix just grab and go

no

just no

EE require both modloader AND forge, which are both incompatible with H/M