Faster Technic?

MrEvil1234

Technic generally has lag because it is a bunch of mods running at ONCE. It eats up your CPU.

If that was the case EVERYONE would be bitching about technic pack making games lag.

I think he is moving around to quick from one chunk to another before the chunks load up fully. Its hard to know what exactly the problem is if he did not give any info other than "All my optifine options are set at the fastest" (PC specs Mods on off etc.)

Some things you can try:

In the launcher main window under options there is an option to update to the latest LWJGL files. Since Agelian has fixed this afaik it is safe to use, and will often improve performance a great deal. That option appears to be broken still. If you are up to it you can try to update them yourself. http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Tutorials/Update_LWJGL

If the same options window try adjust the memory available depending on how much you PC has. I have 4gig and use the 2gig setting.

I'm not certain, but I think the launcher will try to use the latest version of Java installed. If you don't have it already I suggest downloading and installing Java 7. If you are running a 64bit OS be sure to grab the 64bit version of Java. Minecraft in general seems to prefer both Java 7 and 64bit Java.

The three mods that seem to effect performance the most in Technic 6 are Millenaire, Matmos, and Mo'Creatures. You can try disabling these. Millenaire and Mo'Creatures you can disable from the modloader.cfg file I think, and you can turn off Matmos by hitting F7 in game.

If that was the case EVERYONE would be bitching about technic pack making games lag.

Well uh. No. Some peoples computers are more powerful then other peoples. That is the case.

Something you can try: While playing, hit escape and go to Options -> video settings -> Other... -> and click the button that says "Load Far" so that it says "Yes".

This makes it so that the game loads a larger amount of chunks around you so that you get less visual lag when turning around and moving. Improved my framerate a lot.

Unfortunately, Millenaire is a beast. Most of the lag people get is from loading new chunks near a fresh village, or working and moving around near one in progress.

Millenaire is the most likely problem, here are a couple things that might help:

Turn on binary pathing: In-game press CTRL-Shift-P

That might solve it... otherwise...

Turn off new village generation: In-game press CTRL-Shift-G

That will stop new villages from spawning, so once the first one spawns near where you start, turn it OFF!

Why? Because if you don't it will continually try to spawn new villages which will just slow down your game, once you get high enough rep and denier with the first village you can buy a summoning wand, then use an obsidian block (i think its obsidian, might be a gold block) to make a new village of the type of your choice.

On a completely related note: I hate bronies.

• 2 months later...

Well uh. No. Some peoples computers are more powerful then other peoples. That is the case.

Something you can try: While playing, hit escape and go to Options -> video settings -> Other... -> and click the button that says "Load Far" so that it says "Yes".

This makes it so that the game loads a larger amount of chunks around you so that you get less visual lag when turning around and moving. Improved my framerate a lot.

Unfortunately, Millenaire is a beast. Most of the lag people get is from loading new chunks near a fresh village, or working and moving around near one in progress.

Thank you so much i can finally run my texture pack!