Ban condensing Energy Condensers

It doesn't really matter if you ban condensing Condensers, people would just condense other stuff and then turn it into Condensers on a Trans Tablet if they really wanted them that bad. You have to ban Condensers altogether. Also, bumping your own post after an hour is a bit annoying. Try to be a little more patient.

When I created the EE tool patch, I came across the class that lists the EMC values of all items. It seems like I can easily add, remove or change the EMC value in this class and provide a patched replacement.

Would this be of value to you?

I don't see how changing the emc value of condensers would be anything but a nuisance, unless you change the value of the components equivalently. This whole thread is puzzling actually, what is the point of stopping condensers from making condensers. The EMC value is based on the mats that go into it, it is just a cheap item. Even if you did this, people could just target diamonds or red matter and pop it into the transumation tablet and get them that way. Or if you change the EMC value without also changing the components, you could just have condensers target the components and run them through an auto crafting table, easy peasy. What would one even do with tons of condensers? I mean do you really need a condenser chest full of them? Again, even if you do want a ton, the mats are cheap, its basically just a diamond, so if you want a ton you can easily get them regardless of what measures you try to implement to stop it short of just removing them altogether. It's not like condensers are overpowered compared to the rest of EE. Collectors on a relay charging a klein star is the same damn thing, pop that bad boy into the tablet and make what the fuck ever you want.

Seriously, what is the point of what you are asking for?

I don't see how changing the emc value of condensers would be anything but a nuisance, unless you change the value of the components equivalently. This whole thread is puzzling actually, what is the point of stopping condensers from making condensers. The EMC value is based on the mats that go into it, it is just a cheap item. Even if you did this, people could just target diamonds or red matter and pop it into the transumation tablet and get them that way. Or if you change the EMC value without also changing the components, you could just have condensers target the components and run them through an auto crafting table, easy peasy. What would one even do with tons of condensers? I mean do you really need a condenser chest full of them? Again, even if you do want a ton, the mats are cheap, its basically just a diamond, so if you want a ton you can easily get them regardless of what measures you try to implement to stop it short of just removing them altogether. It's not like condensers are overpowered compared to the rest of EE. Collectors on a relay charging a klein star is the same damn thing, pop that bad boy into the tablet and make what the fuck ever you want.

Seriously, what is the point of what you are asking for?

if people on your server think EE is OP THEN JUST TELL THEM NOT TO USE IT

sorry, but this thread is really pointless to me...like really pointless

I'm always baffled by the thought that EE is overpowered. I can agree that once you have a top tier powerflower running it seems rediculous but there never seem to be any thought put in as to how much is needed to make them. If you only used diamonds to transmute everything you need you would require 1741 of them. granted you can actually start to generate a few once you get mark 2s but it takes a very long time. never mind the tools and armor this is just for a single power flower.

I'm always baffled by the thought that EE is overpowered. I can agree that once you have a top tier powerflower running it seems rediculous but there never seem to be any thought put in as to how much is needed to make them. If you only used diamonds to transmute everything you need you would require 1741 of them. granted you can actually start to generate a few once you get mark 2s but it takes a very long time. never mind the tools and armor this is just for a single power flower.

Not "overpowered"so much as game-breaking. If you use EE you can make 1big mining trip and then use EE to transmute any items you need from what you have. You can then set up condensers to get raw emc and basically never have to go mining again. Even if you do want to go mining you can make the catalyst like right off the bat and it becomes trivial. Further things like the picks or morningstar make mining a joke. It basically removes any form of resource scarcity or need to go gathering for certain materials. It takes the Mine out of Minecraft.

Other mods have things like drills and quarries that augment and enhance mining, but do not complete replace it. On my personal servers, my wife and I just use something called self restraint to keep EEs flaws to a managable level. For example, we do not transmute metals, of any kind, ever. Sometimes I only use tramsmuted diamonds for EE and only use natural diamonds for everything else, so we still have to find a lot of diamonds.

Granted, some people do not want to mine, they love how EE allows you to make whatever you want out of thin air. Good for you, I am glad that works for your playstyle. Personally however I think that takes away a large portion of the game, and frankly if you going to just transmute whatever you need from raw emc you might as well just NEI yourself whatever you want. A bit harsh perhaps, but whatever.

So long as we're on the subject of problems of EE, a "simple" fix would just be to nerf condenser's rates of emc generation to be about the same as the bonus you get from relays. Making the catalyst cost more would also be an improvement (replace Mobius fuel with Alternias fuel in the recipe, maybe?), but aside from its execution, the overall idea behind the mod is a good one.