Technic Workaround

Since I named my computer something like _ABC.! , and I was pretty stupid about it. I had to use a Minecraft workaround to get that to work, because Java likes to be Java. I was hoping there was a Technic and Tekkit workaround that works. I've looked and looked, but hey; why not come to the source.

It's a little bit hard to explain. I can't use anything that contains any sort of Java because my computer name originally had a "!" in it, so it messes with the Java.

If you have any idea what I'm talking about.

It's a little bit hard to explain. I can't use anything that contains any sort of Java because my computer name originally had a "!" in it, so it messes with the Java.

If you have any idea what I'm talking about.

If you can't use anything that uses java, you can't use regular minecraft either.

Just rename your computer.

If you're running Windows 7...

Go to the start menu. Hover over My Computer, and and right click. Select and click properties. There should be an "Advanced system settings" option, which opens a new settings window. Click the Computer Name tab. There should be an option there that allows you to change your computer name by clicking a "Change..." button. Once you enter a new, less regrettable name, re-install java and try again.

If you can't use anything that uses java, you can't use regular minecraft either.

I have a Minecraft work around that isn't located in the "AppData" folder, so I'm able to play my Minecraft.

Just rename your computer.

If you're running Windows 7...

Go to the start menu. Hover over My Computer, and and right click. Select and click properties. There should be an "Advanced system settings" option, which opens a new settings window. Click the Computer Name tab. There should be an option there that allows you to change your computer name by clicking a "Change..." button. Once you enter a new, less regrettable name, re-install java and try again.

I've already done that, but it keeps the original computer name when you set up your computer.

Here would be the work around - http://mcfaq.hfbgaming.com/tools/WindowsProfileFix.exe

From what I gather, you named your user profile something that included special characters. Right?

One that shouldn't break anything, windows has been setup the sanitize usernames/passwords of system special characters since the beginning.

For another you can just create a new user profile and migrate all your stuff to it.

Computer name shouldn't affect anything either. And even if it did, renaming it clears the old name out completely. Active directory is very picky about computer names, so a name change has to clear out all the remnants of the old name.

So, make sure your computer's name is something sane, create a new account with a sane name (users in the control panel) and move all your files over to it, and if it still doesn't work then reinstall java.

If you claim it still doesn't work after all that then I'd have to suspect you of trying to get us to find you a way around the launcher and it's legit account requirements.

From what I gather, you named your user profile something that included special characters. Right?

One that shouldn't break anything, windows has been setup the sanitize usernames/passwords of system special characters since the beginning.

For another you can just create a new user profile and migrate all your stuff to it.

Computer name shouldn't affect anything either. And even if it did, renaming it clears the old name out completely. Active directory is very picky about computer names, so a name change has to clear out all the remnants of the old name.

So, make sure your computer's name is something sane, create a new account with a sane name (users in the control panel) and move all your files over to it, and if it still doesn't work then reinstall java.

If you claim it still doesn't work after all that then I'd have to suspect you of trying to get us to find you a way around the launcher and it's legit account requirements.

Alright, so this is how it goes. I was working on a friends computer, since his sister wiped it. And he gave me a Windows 7 recovery disc, I used it while I was till running Vista, so pretty much I cheated the system and didn't want to pay god knows how much for a new OS, so I upgraded. And have the ability to change my compute name so I made is _Sky.! and from what I know, that worked because my computer was that until I changed it to xXAragon. And even though I changed it and I've also done the whole profile migration thing before, and nothing has worked at all.

I don't see why it would much a of hassle to get a working Work Around out in the world for Tekkit and Technic. But hey, I guess I can't question the people who made it.

Take all your files, back them up. Run sysprep on the machine (look it up). Once restarted, give it a sane name for the computer and profile.

Sysprep completely obliterates all trace remnants of a computer's previous identity. If that doesn't work then you screwed something else up and it's not related to your computer/user identity.

Also, this will work.

http://forums.technicpack.net/index.php/topic,7846.0.html

The fact you admit to pirating windows plus the rather snotty tone of your last line just stinks of "So what if I didn't pay for minecraft. I wanna play technic anyway, gimme a way to bypass the launcher now!" But hey, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Although I'm sure there are a lot of people among the world who have pirated Windows/Photoshop/Anything to do have to do with expenses. Although I can surely admit that I payed for Minecraft, a work around still uses the Minecraft server, but the main ".minecraft" folder isn't located in Roaming or AppData.

So before you make assumption on what's going on and what I'm having problems with, check, before you speak.

On the other hand, I'll check out the sysprep; and see where it takes me. I appreciate that much.

Take all your files, back them up. Run sysprep on the machine (look it up). Once restarted, give it a sane name for the computer and profile.

Sysprep completely obliterates all trace remnants of a computer's previous identity. If that doesn't work then you screwed something else up and it's not related to your computer/user identity.

Also, this will work.

http://forums.technicpack.net/index.php/topic,7846.0.html

The fact you admit to pirating windows plus the rather snotty tone of your last line just stinks of "So what if I didn't pay for minecraft. I wanna play technic anyway, gimme a way to bypass the launcher now!" But hey, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Although I'm sure there are a lot of people among the world who have pirated Windows/Photoshop/Anything to do have to do with expenses. Although I can surely admit that I payed for Minecraft, a work around still uses the Minecraft server, but the main ".minecraft" folder isn't located in Roaming or AppData.

So before you make assumption on what's going on and what I'm having problems with, check, before you speak.

On the other hand, I'll check out the sysprep; and see where it takes me. I appreciate that much.

First off, every week someone new comes onto these forums trying to ask/beg/plead/demand/threaten/trick the technic team for a way to keep playing technic without paying for minecraft. Many have some sob story about how the launcher just won't work for them no matter what anyone does. Most of them end up taking the exact same tone as you are right now, namely "Why aren't you giving me a way around it? I'm important, cater to my whims NOW."

Also, there is no way for anyone to check if you actually purchased minecraft or not. All we have is your word and so far all you've posted is asking for a way around the launcher, just like every other pirate.

So telling me to "Check, before you speak." just comes across as "Shut up, you horrid little man. You should just trust everything I say without question."

Not that it matters, but when I read your posts I hear Lady Cassandra's voice. It fits nicely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassandra_%28Doctor_Who%29

yes it is. it's in %appdata%\.techniclauncher

you can copy and paste that into your run command and it'll take you straight to the right place.

So, I give you the launcher workaround:

1) get multimc

2) download all the mods and API's individually

3) merge the necessary classes to avoid conflicts when installing them.

4) install them in the right order

5) configure them to avoid conflicts

6) check before you speak as the answer to your question has been answered in many stickies.