A Conversation.

WesMG42

Allow me to say this before I get trolled. I am not posting this to offend anybody.

Alright to my subject now. Will tekkit ever get updated with a new set of mods and stuff so we can move on to things that are in minecraft right now. I'm not trying to sound rude but tekkit is beginning to become outdated. And yes yes "if its outdated just go play something else" well I am a huge tekkit fan :3 always have been. I just really wish that i had alot of things that the up to date minecraft has. and compatability with alot of really awesome mods like mo creatures.

• Forum Administrators

I know it sucks but they have decided to stay on 1.1 dude. It's stable and reliable. Could you really ask for anything else?

I know it sucks but they have decided to stay on 1.1 dude. It's stable and reliable. Could you really ask for anything else?

Yeah, they've just kinda burnt out. It's too much effort to update, so they're not going to do it. You just need to live with that friend.

Lol Rooster. That video brightened my mood xD. Anyways yeah i suppose you guys are right. Although I am a huge fan of change and mods and such. There are some neat things out there that people make. I haven't gone to computer programming college yet but i could imagine the difficulty. Anyways could you guys help me out? for this mod (sorry im a noob only ran tekkit servers FOREVER) should i run a normal MC server or this "Bukkit" thing somebody speaks of?

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/81771-v125-mo-creatures-v362-with-ostriches-fishbowls-and-smp-support/

...They're sort of pulling your leg, friendo. Not without reason, I guess, as ETAs are not something you're supposed to ask for around here. But fear not. New Tekkit is coming... EVENTUALLY!tm.

As to your server question: depends what the mods you want to run support. Most are made with the minecraft server in mind, but some have bukkit ports.

Will tekkit ever get updated with a new set of mods and stuff so we can move on to things that are in minecraft right now.
You mean adding something completely new (and big?) instead of just updating the core and occasionally swapping around minor stuff?

Yes hoho' date=' i just didn't want to sound rude.[/quote']Well, if you have some specific mods in mind feel free to list them in the SSP suggestion thread and hope they end up in the pack.

Though assuming you are as lazy as pretty much everyone else I expect you not don't bother to create a proper entry to that thread so I'd like if you'd just list the names (and URL's) for the mods you'd like to see in the future versions. Obviously don't expect that listing them here actually helps getting them to the pack.

i think ill just run a plain minecraft server instead of bukkit. i really dont see the bukkit benefits.

Bukkit is best for administrating a large/public server, otherwise it's probably easier to use the vanilla server software.

They shouldn't update. It's all fine and working now. When they update it we will experience a flood of "TEEEEEEEEEECHNIC IS NOT WORKING AGAIN FIX IT JEB GOSH U SO STUUPID'' threads. What they should do is look at more mods and do a poll on which mods aren't being used and which are. That's the way we should keep the Technic Pack fresh and new. Or adding new features as composing your own modpack for PERSONAL use. (the modders already hate us, let's not make it worse!) Or like making an ''offical'' Technic Pack texture pack. And you could go on like that for hours! We don't need the silly real minecraft updates, we need more Technic Pack!

What they should do is look at more mods and do a poll on which mods aren't being used and which are.
You have misunderstood how technic works.

It's a modpack used by it's creators that will contain the stuff they like and want to have. They just allow others to use it as well. If you want some custom stuff feel free to make it yourself but don't expect them to bow to other people wishes :)

You have misunderstood how technic works.

It's a modpack used by it's creators that will contain the stuff they like and want to have. They just allow others to use it as well. If you want some custom stuff feel free to make it yourself but don't expect them to bow to other people wishes

Yes but let me give an example, Mod X is never being used and modder Y is pissed about being it in the technic pack. This way we could avoid having an outburst of complaints.