Tekkit 3 world reset?

What is the likelihood of a world reset when Tekkit 3 is released? The server I'm playing just had a map reset, and I don't want to build a new base just to see the whole thing get removed again 1-x days after.

Just the question whether you've waited so long for 3.0, whether your willing to wait that undetermined bit longer for a world converter.

For most people it could take much longer restarting their world, so I'm definitely waiting :P

EDIT: Or just mcedit my building in :P

Well, I know there is new ores in redpower (at least I think it is) and its the whole bigger map size thing you know + +.

Its easier to start on a new map really. So be it you'll lose your base and such, but thats a part of the fun thing, to actually build up again.

I'll never understand why people have problems with map resets. Minecraft is about the journey to the finish. Fresh starts are what I like best about minecraft. Plus map resets get a lot of the easily frustrated people to leave and leaves more room for me.

I just have the problem I hate grinding. And when you have to start over quite a lot it's really hard. For instance, I lost my old Technic Pack world which I didn't have THAT much done, but still a lot of resources and such, and having to gather all those again is a pain..

You can always spawn in some resources, if that's the issue... personally, I don't feel it's really cheating (at least, not ignoble cheating) to spawn in a handful of basic resources when you world reset. I imagine that we've migrated to a new land, and brought along what we could carry, you know? That way you get the advantages of a fresh world, and avoid some of the first few hours of grinding.

I found that the best way to fix the world while keeping players happy is simply not deleting player data, only world. Thanks to alchemy bags, you can shift all of your belongings from the old map to the new without too much hassle. I don't think Tekkit 3 will mess with what you had already gathered too much, just mostly add more (Except forestry stuff).

Also, don't delete the data folder either. That one has the bag contents, while player folder has all the player data.

Side note: My view on restarting from scratch: if you want to do it, hide all your belongings in some chests buried underground in your old base, walk somewhere else, and start over. No need for everyone to start over if you want to.

There are 2 main reasons to reset your world when tekkit updates.

Block ID's/new mods/remove old mods.

It is almost impossible that all the block id's for the new tekkit will be the same as the old tekkit.

While it is possible in theory switch all the block ids/remove the old ones, it always turns out to be harder then you would think.

New ores.

I don't know for a fact if there are any new important things that generate in the world, but if there were you would have to expand your world to find them.

With this specific update there is one additional problem.

1.2 introduced the ANVIL map format, so you would have to find a way to convert the old format to the new one. I know that the vanilla client does this automatically for its worlds, but i don't know if it is possible for worlds with extra block ID's.

I found that the best way to fix the world while keeping players happy is simply not deleting player data, only world. Thanks to alchemy bags, you can shift all of your belongings from the old map to the new without too much hassle.

<snip>

There is a conversion process for Tekkit 2.x to Tekkit 3.x, but one of the caveats is that the contents of Alchemy Bags are not converted. You're probably better off putting everything into chests, then MCEdit-ing those chests into the new world.