iPod app

Player_5

I know there's a couple of vanilla guides floating around the app store and the android market. Sort of a tutorial/manual app, is what you're saying? It would take valuable time, and the app store approval process is pretty annoying, or so I've been told.

What? This is beyond dumb, why would they even begin to want to think about considering having an idea about doing that?

Do I sense sarcasm here? (Probably not, on second thoughts)

Anywho, just logging on to the forum on your phone will do that for you. PhP has got to have support for phones built in without the staff ever having to minge around in the inner workings.

It could be like a guide, and I could happily do that. I already design android apps easily enough.

*snippy*

Anywho, just logging on to the forum on your phone will do that for you. PhP has got to have support for phones built in without the staff ever having to minge around in the inner workings.

Yeah, I've seen that. It's amazing. Although, an app for the app store would be nice. I happen to have a friend that has a Mac that lends me it sometimes, so I can code on that. I could make an android app as well. (Don't expect it to be perfect)

Should it be free? (Since app store iirc requires cash to put apps on it)

Do I sense sarcasm here? (Probably not, on second thoughts)

PHP by default, doesn't care if you're on a mobile or desktop browser. It is up to the programmers to determine what the correct HTML and CSS should be to optimize the client side (browser) experience.

SMF (the forum software used here) does have support for older mobile formats. You can manaully go here if the software doesn't automatically redirect you.

There are other plugins available that allow a forum to be exported out into a

Some wikis do have plugins available to output the pages in a more "mobile friendly" mannor, but those are entirely up to the wiki operators to install. You also have to be careful with your page layouts. Some folks will heavily customize with tons of tables or other floating layers. The mobile plugins will try their best to tweak the output, but often, it'll look like vomit.

• Forum Administrators

That's good to know, actually. Figured PHP would have become a WYSIWYG style service by now.

:psyduck: PHP is a programming language. Why(how) would it be a WYSIWYG style service?