Infinite Geothermal Power

I've read and seen a lot of people who use the infinite lava in the Nether to set up a geothermal generator so that it outputs infinite energy. I don't really see the point of this if it's still stuck in the Nether. How is using this method useful?

Ender chests are the only way to transfer items between worlds. One time I made a inter-world ComputerCraft communicator with a bunch of ender chests, transposers and pressure plates. :P

That actually sounds fairly amazing. Pretty epic. Now, try it with RedPower Control! :P

That actually sounds fairly amazing. Pretty epic. Now, try it with RedPower Control! :P

I haven't looked into it yet, but I see there's a "8K Memory Module" item so I'm assuming this will be a pain in the ass to master. Thankfully I spent some time programming old Gameboys... :D

It's not that hard. Unless you hate reverse Polish notation. But, there's also MS BASIC there too. I kinda like Redpower Control, it seems much more powerful than that ComputerCraft stuff. And the 8k ram is fairly expensive, and the CPU is too bloody expensive.

How do you keep the nether loaded without being there though? does chunk loaders (Teleport Tethers / Railcraft Anchors) now load both "worlds" ?

you can just be near there..stay afk....go play some diablo 3 and come back later to take your UU

So where do you get infinite lava in the nether? At some dimension of machinery you end up sucking your nether empty...

If you manage to use up all the lava in the nether, that would be damn impressive.

@ Jargen: People who want to mass-produce UU-Matter (im talking of about 1 UU-Matter per Sec) need A LOT of energy. So guess how many lava-generators need to be feeded to achieve that...

1 UU per sec is a little too extreme, but with a nice geothermal plant you ca generate tons of energy

you can just be near there..stay afk....go play some diablo 3 and come back later to take your UU

Well then I can also generate energy with solar panels, water mills etc by being afk :P - I was interested in generate mass energy while actually playing the game :)