My experience with Technic, Tekkit, and it's website.

DrAgonmoray

Question

Hi. Before I begin, I'm going to say this: I am not posting this as a "fix it now devs or i leave 4ever" kinda thing. I know how hard it is to be a dev, and I can imagine how hard it is to be a dev with a project like Technic.

I'm posting this to explain my experience with Technic (the launcher, the Tekkit server, and the Technic website) and to provide a few suggestions to help better the experience for everyone.

Technic: My Initial thoughts

The first thing I thought upon seeing Technic is "this is amazing!" and honestly, it really is.

Technic Launcher: First use

I first downloaded the Technic launcher an ran it. It was pretty nice, however not quite nice as Spout's. I feel this way because the Technic launcher feels not quite as professional as Spoutcraft, due to the rather annoying "FEED THE DEVS" (or whatever) gif with ugly text around it. However it IS very nice, and I don't really have much of a problem with it.

Tekkit Server: First use

Extremely easy installation, and I thank you for that. I did run into a problem (unspported major.Minor version), however as a dev I ran into that issue with one of my own projects, so fixing it was easy (just updated my java 7)

But yeah, extremely easy install (i don't think it could be much easier) so I REALLY like that.

Tekkit Server/Technic Client: Joining the server

I was setting up the server for me and 4 friends, so we could have some fun. Unfortunately it was a HUGE challenge to actually get into the server. I think I got a total of 4 or 5 unique errors, seeing each several times.

I was finally able to connect by updating my client to the latest dev version, but there were still other problems. Upon logging in, 9 times out of 10, Technic would get stuck on "Logging in.." and then crash. Other times it would give some long error dealing with Minecraft sessions. This happened to all 5 of us, and because of it, we wren't able to play very long. (if we had to leave for a bit it would take a good 20 minutes to get back in, because of the crashing) We tried fixing it; searching Google, reading FAQs, reinstalling Technic and the server, rebooting, updating Java, etc. We couldn't get rid of the issue.

It was very frustrating, and I am very unsatisfied with it.

Technic/Tekkit: Gameplay

For the little while that we did get to play (if we were miraculously able to get in), the gameplay was excellent. The only issue I saw were many, many lighting glitches, but those were trivial.

Technic Website

This was probably my worse experience. Where do I start..

Fan Art: This is... bad. Farting creepers? dafuq is that?

Everything else (except the forums and wiki): The general layout is messy. With a tiny horizontal width and a giant vertical width, along with bright red text and bright blue text spaced out with a ton of whitespace, the general website is hardly navigable.

The wiki: I don't see any links to the wiki on the main site. If they're there, they need to be more obvious.

Forums: This is just horrible. Not the forums themselves, but the hate, language, the lack of professionalism... I know you guys do this in your spare time, but honestly? It makes me want to leave and tell everybody how horrible it is.

My suggestions:

• [li]Talk about yourselves a bit more! Overall Technic is really great, so put up some screenshots, and use fancy words to describe how marvelous Technic is. :)[/li]
    [li]Work on cleaning up the launcher. It's great, but it could be better. Just spend a day getting rid of small bugs and cleaning things up. It'll go a long way.[/li]
    [li]Be friendlier. Everywhere i look, there's cursing, hating, and badness. Telling me to "READ THE GODDAMN RULES GODDAMNIT" doesn't want to make me read them anymore than "Hey, please check out these rules."[/li]
    [li]I know that people are idiots, and that's probably why you get so frustrated. Get some more volunteers staff, and just ignore idiot posts. Or respond with a generic copy/pasted message like "Hey, please check out the FAQ and try searching before posting a question. Thank you![/li]
    [li]Clean up the website. Is that sidebar with links really necessary on every page? Do you really need a page dedicated to farting creepers?[/li]

Thank you. Please do not take this the wrong way. I am trying to be constructive and I truly want to help. I am also fully willing to contribute to the project whether it be in the form of Java development, website development, forum moderation, or just a tester.

Thanks again, Hey, please check out these rules. ~wink~

• Forum Administrators

I don't know man... it sounds like you are suggesting we change because you don't like how we do things here. Thing is, I don't think you actually understand at all how we do things here. On top of that... if you don't like Cheapshot's art you should probably go get bent anyways.

I think what really makes this post great is that you broke a rule in it. :toot:

That is precisely what I am suggesting. I'd say a bit of user input could do quite a bit around here. ;)

And yeah. I guess thats just how rebellious I am. :P

Tell ya what, go ahead and ban me, ignore this post, and continue on, because I am such a rebel.

(by the way, love your avatar. Just finished watching a Doctor Who episode)

• Forum Administrators

Oh boy, another one of these. I'll do a different thing here and take you seriously, and be a Nice Guy™ and take my time going through your suggestions.

Hi. Before I begin, I'm going to say this: I am not posting this as a "fix it now devs or i leave 4ever" kinda thing. I know how hard it is to be a dev, and I can imagine how hard it is to be a dev with a project like Technic.

I'm posting this to explain my experience with Technic (the launcher, the Tekkit server, and the Technic website) and to provide a few suggestions to help better the experience for everyone.

Before I begin, let me tell you that you don't matter. I mean, we've got literally hundereds of thousands of people playing Technic/Tekkit/Yogbox/Hack Slash Mine, and a singular person who has come in way late to the party isn't really a big deal. Not a dig at you personally, that's just how it is.

Technic: My Initial thoughts

The first thing I thought upon seeing Technic is "this is amazing!" and honestly, it really is.

Technic Launcher: First use

I first downloaded the Technic launcher an ran it. It was pretty nice, however not quite nice as Spout's. I feel this way because the Technic launcher feels not quite as professional as Spoutcraft, due to the rather annoying "FEED THE DEVS" (or whatever) gif with ugly text around it. However it IS very nice, and I don't really have much of a problem with it.

Lucky you the Technic Launcher IS the Spout launcher. It's true, we forked it so hard and had our way with it. Don't worry, its totes legal.

Technic Website

This was probably my worse experience. Where do I start..

Fan Art: This is... bad. Farting creepers? dafuq is that?

Everything else (except the forums and wiki): The general layout is messy. With a tiny horizontal width and a giant vertical width, along with bright red text and bright blue text spaced out with a ton of whitespace, the general website is hardly navigable.

The wiki: I don't see any links to the wiki on the main site. If they're there, they need to be more obvious.

Forums: This is just horrible. Not the forums themselves, but the hate, language, the lack of professionalism... I know you guys do this in your spare time, but honestly? It makes me want to leave and tell everybody how horrible it is.

What exactly are you suggesting? I mean, granted, the technical aspects of the website (lol wordpress) aside, you being ignorant of things isn't our problem. We don't have a wiki, we tried that and it didn't work out. There are two fan-made wiki's that I know of, but those aren't "official".

The "lack of professionalism" is a great though. We aren't professionals, we're just mostly a bunch of asshat prima donnas. Sorry to disappoint you we'll try harder next year sir! :saddowns:

My suggestions:

[li]Talk about yourselves a bit more! Overall Technic is really great, so put up some screenshots, and use fancy words to describe how marvelous Technic is. :)[/li]

We are kind of a big deal, if you catch my drift :smug:

[li]Work on cleaning up the launcher. It's great, but it could be better. Just spend a day getting rid of small bugs and cleaning things up. It'll go a long way.[/li]

"Stay in school" ok got it dad.

[li]Be friendlier. Everywhere i look, there's cursing, hating, and badness. Telling me to "READ THE GODDAMN RULES GODDAMNIT" doesn't want to make me read them anymore than "Hey, please check out these rules."[/li]

Here is where your ignorance betrays you in spades. We are not the Minecraft Forums. We are not the Yogscast Forums. We are not the _________ Forums, we are not whatever community you thing is 'good' without 'badness'. I have to really wonder if you even think about what you are saying. Do you think we don't know what we are doing? Like, when we put the rules up, when we say "READ THE GODDAMN RULES GODDAMNIT" do you somehow thing we don't know how we are coming off? We say the things we say the way we say them fully aware of what that makes us look like. Hell, if you don't read the "GODDAMN RULES GODDAMNIT" then we will remove you from this community. This is a private place, with a specific kind of requirement to be a part of it. This isn't a democracy or a nice place to be friends and hug and kiss all day in the sunshine. These are the Technic Forums, where being huge assholes that ban idiots left and right has made a bitter community that eats itself to stay alive. Don't you see how fucking metal that is? Its so badass, goddamn. I am totally wearing a leather jacket with one sleeve torn off and smoking a cigarette with shades on. :c00l:

[li]I know that people are idiots, and that's probably why you get so frustrated. Get some more volunteers staff, and just ignore idiot posts. Or respond with a generic copy/pasted message like "Hey, please check out the FAQ and try searching before posting a question. Thank you![/li]
    [li]Clean up the website. Is that sidebar with links really necessary on every page? Do you really need a page dedicated to farting creepers?[/li]

It's quite clear you don't "get it". Yes we really need a page to farting creepers, I am blown away you don't see how important all this is, it's like you are new here or something. Gosh!

Thank you. Please do not take this the wrong way. I am trying to be constructive and I truly want to help. I am also fully willing to contribute to the project whether it be in the form of Java development, website development, forum moderation, or just a tester.

Look, you wouldn't fit in with the team at all. Your suggestions for how we should run the community are exactly why you end up with festering cesspools adorned with vomit blotches of technicolor smarties instead of a structured, toned, not-braindead community. I know it might be hard to take in, but we tried to build the community how it is, right now. We like it this way, we like the intolerance of ignorance, the quick enforcement of rules, the quick-to-fire banhammer, and the mutual respect everyone who makes it out on the other side has.

You are always free to get bent though!

I'm sorry the website, launcher, and forums established by a bunch of unpaid people in their minimal spare time has upset you to such lengths. I'm just thankful we have people like you who are willing to come in without any visible qualification or understanding, and offer us a long list of pedantic bullshit.

I personally vote that we make DrAgonmoray our technic team boss, so while we're privately working very hard on redesigns for the website and launcher and making general improvements where we personally see fit, he can come in and go "I think you should all do things better." That'll sure help! No butts about it!

• [li]Be friendlier. Everywhere i look, there's cursing, hating, and badness. Telling me to "READ THE GODDAMN RULES GODDAMNIT" doesn't want to make me read them anymore than "Hey, please check out these rules."[/li]

No, see that's not how it works. If we're mean to you for not reading the rules, your options then become "read the rules or go away forever"

We have no interest in being nice to people who don't read the rules. In fact, we WANT those people to leave, they make everything way harder for everyone involved.

I'm not sure why this concept is so difficult for people.

Let's see, where do I begin..

I was going to respond to KakerMix, but he addressed all my points with sensible responses.

I'm sorry the website, launcher, and forums established by a bunch of unpaid people in their minimal spare time has upset you to such lengths. I'm just thankful we have people like you who are willing to come in without any visible qualification or understanding, and offer us a long list of pedantic bullshit.

I'm sorry that the constructive intentions of my long post explaining my experience with Technic seemed to go right through you. I'm just thankful that assholes like you are willing to completely bash me and disregard my thoughts without any legitimate reason, and offer me several posts of total assholeness, badly drawn keyboards, and unjustified hostility.

I personally vote that we make DrAgonmoray our technic team boss, so while we're privately working very hard on redesigns for the website and launcher and making general improvements where we personally see fit, he can come in and go "I think you should all do things better." That'll sure help! No butts about it!

I offered myself to HELP you. I didn't say I was going to be in charge, and I didn't say (or even imply!) that I was to assume a position of power. I wanted to help in any way I could, hence the "or just a tester." in my post. But you know, you're too good for me, so I'll go ahead and retract that statement. :)

I guess I don't understand what's going on here. Here I was, thinking you were all just some tired, frustrated devs. Now I realise that (most of you) are intentionally assholes. I am so terribly sorry for offering my input. I'll make sure to never make that mistake again.

I'm not entirely sure what went wrong here though. It looks like you guys started off great, judging by the friendly art on your website, but whatever happened here on the forums is way beyond me. I know you're not Bukkit or Spout or MCF, but you ARE some sort of community project. It makes me wonder why you treat everyone like total shit?

I suppose there are two kinds of devs in the world:

1) The humble, down-to-earth kind who work their asses off and get respected for it.

2) The asshat kind who sit on their godly throne and expect everybody to worship them for working their asses off, but treat everyone like shit because they're 'the best.'

I don't know about you, but I'd rather be like Bukkit and Spout with option #1.

I'm gonna go ahead and end this post here: Thanks to brayden and KakerMix for hearing me out.

I'm just thankful that assholes like you are willing to completely bash me and disregard my thoughts without any legitimate reason, and offer me several posts of total assholeness, badly drawn keyboards, and unjustified hostility.

You do realize you're speaking to the Technic artist and one of the site admins, right?

I guess I don't understand what's going on here. Here I was, thinking you were all just some tired, frustrated devs.

They're tired and frustrated of people telling them they're doing things wrong when clearly they aren't, based on the popularity of the pack and these forums. You just need to learn to lighten up. In particular, Cheap Shot's brand of humor may be...a little childish at times. Deal with it.

It makes me wonder why you treat everyone like total shit?

I suppose there are two kinds of devs in the world:

1) The humble, down-to-earth kind who work their asses off and get respected for it.

2) The asshat kind who sit on their godly throne and expect everybody to worship them for working their asses off, but treat everyone like shit because they're 'the best.'

How about a combination? They don't want worship, they want to be involved in a community that both respects them and each other, and is willing to play around a bit. Stupidity, lack of a sense of humor, and malevolence need not apply.

• Forum Administrators

:w00t:

I wonder why, if we aren't super-cuddle buddies we are instead "The asshat kind who sit on their godly throne and expect everybody to worship them for working their asses off, but treat everyone like shit because they're 'the best.'"

You miss the point completely. Again, your ignorance beams through your 'Be nice to everyone!' facade. We are pretty awesome and totally rad, no doubt, but not once have we claimed we are 'the best', or that we are without mistakes, or that we ask for worship. Your stereotypes of people because you fail to grasp shades of color instead of just black and white isn't a problem with us, it is a problem with you. I really can't highlight how wrong you are, and not just in our discussion of mods for a little block game, but how you must be as an actual person.

I guess I don't understand what's going on here. Here I was, thinking you were all just some tired, frustrated devs. Now I realise that (most of you) are intentionally assholes.

No, you don't know what is going on. If you truly think that we are intentionally assholes then I don't know what to tell you, except I find it hard to believe that there are quite a lot of people that love a community policed by intentional assholes. It couldn't be that some people are tired of communities that are huggy love bugs and 'nice' to everyone and coddle ignorance, and might find it fresh that there are people that want them to feel comfortable. It couldn't possibly be that if we attempted to make everyone happy than nobody would be happy. It's impossible that the sort of 'feel' this place is had on purpose and with certainty.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather be like Bukkit and Spout with option #1.

Then go over there are take part in their communities, nobody is stopping you.

I'll try to say this so you 'get' it, although I wonder why I am even trying to talk sense into you. Maybe it's another flaw, I've got several.

We do not want everyone. We do not want people to feel like they can post whatever they want wherever they want without a care in the world. We do not want Bukkit's community, we do not want Spout's community. Technic Forums would be worse off and boring as hell if we adopted their moderating philosophies. You, DrAgonmoray, have no idea how to run a community without it turning into another terrible moderation-free intelligence black hole that every other forum seems to turn into. This is a place for people that 'get' it and want to be able to talk to another human. If you don't 'get' it then you don't belong.

@KakerMix

Quote after quote, you keep poking at my 'ignorance,' and quote after quote, you keep showing just how much YOU don't understand what I'm saying. I didn't create this thread to bash Technic because, as I started several times, it IS a great project. I created this thread to explain my experiences and offer a few suggestions. I didn't say that you had to take the suggestions. I didn't say you had to let me help. Yet you continue to bash me for my constructive thoughts.

And I'll admit, I did not know how Technic ran. You guys like having it rough, survival-of-the-fittest? Well more power to you. I don't fit in here, nor do I want to fit in here, because frankly, it scares me.

but not once have we claimed we are 'the best', or that we are without mistakes, or that we ask for worship.

Sure, but look at your words. All of you. Your ego beams through your 'oh, we know we're not the best' facade. All you're trying to do is put me down to make yourself feel superior. Congrats, I sure hope you feel swell.

If you truly think that we are intentionally assholes

Yes, that is what I truly believe. I innocently came here with feedback. You've blatantly attacked me, sat on my input and questioned my identity. I did NOTHING to you, but you still CONTINUE to treat me like garbage. If that's not being an intentional asshole, then I don't know what is.

It couldn't be that some people are tired of communities that are huggy love bugs and 'nice' to everyone and coddle ignorance, and might find it fresh that there are people that want them to feel comfortable.

Then my apologies for not having the same ideals as you. You could've set that from Moment 1, and I would be gone right now.

Then go over there are take part in their communities, nobody is stopping you.

I infact am part of the Bukkit community. And here's the sad part: I'm nearly as hardcore as it gets there.

You, DrAgonmoray, have no idea how to run a community without it turning into another terrible moderation-free intelligence black hole that every other forum seems to turn into.

You, KakerMix, have no idea how to run a community without it turning into a putrid cesspool of hatred where the very morals of society seem to lack even the slighest bit of appliance.

But really, we both have our opinions. You don't like the way other communities are run, I don't like the way this community is run.

and want to be able to talk to another human.

So, is this what talking to another human consists of? If so, then have fun with it. I'll go make my way back to my huggy love bug community now. It's nice and squishy there! :D

I hope Kaker and the staff realises that this forum is entirely unique in the way it does business.

No other forum has found the balance between free speech and censorship like you guys have.

The sense of humour suits me perfectly, but is hilariously off putting to DrAgonmoray et al because we are so different.

And wasn't sct like, nothing average joe four weeks ago? Gratz on the promotion, dude.

This is the only place where level headed and reasonable argument can take place, but the argument can also be advanced by having a gif of OP dumping on a keyboard.

Imagine if the moderators on 4chan actually did their damn job. It would nearly be as awesome as this.

Thank you very much for building a community I will always crawl back to.

However, the 'Feed the Devs' gifs are annoying because you put a '2' in there. I'm apsergic. It gets to me. It's 'TO'.

Sure, but look at your words. All of you. Your ego beams through your 'oh, we know we're not the best' facade. All you're trying to do is put me down to make yourself feel superior. Congrats, I sure hope you feel swell.

And look how quick you are to name us, and label our actions without looking at yourself. Perhaps there's a reason we're so quick to dislike you, and write you off? I don't just decide in the morning "I hate everyeone." I'm actually a nice and very helpful person, and anyone in the technic IRC will tell you that. Maybe there's a reason I've decided to treat you differently beyond "oh they're just assholes because they've negatively responded to my "helpful list of suggestions"".

You, KakerMix, have no idea how to run a community without it turning into a putrid cesspool of hatred where the very morals of society seem to lack even the slighest bit of appliance.

But really, we both have our opinions. You don't like the way other communities are run, I don't like the way this community is run.

I'm pretty sure he does. On average 250ish people register here every day. You know what they're doing? They're flocking here to escape the actual putrid cesspools like the minecraft forums etc etc. They're coming here to get out of the rain. This is in no way a putrid cesspool. Unless of course a putrid cesspool is a place where intelligent people can discuss something and post creative resources without fear that their threads and ideas will be swamped under by waves of useless posts and idiotic behavior?

@KakerMix

Quote after quote, you keep poking at my 'ignorance,' and quote after quote, you keep showing just how much YOU don't understand what I'm saying. I didn't create this thread to bash Technic because, as I started several times, it IS a great project. I created this thread to explain my experiences and offer a few suggestions. I didn't say that you had to take the suggestions. I didn't say you had to let me help. Yet you continue to bash me for my constructive thoughts.

Oh but we do understand what you're saying. You see, you've come in with a certain tone. Your post was not "helpful" in any way like you seem to think it was. Your list of suggestions actually made no suggestions beyond "make things better". Well great. Thanks. That's what we're already working on. You offered nothing constructive or any suggestions we could use, you only pointed out negative things that are merely your opinion, or are things that we are well aware of, and have been slowly working on behind the scenes (like the launcher/website and forums designs). You don't seem to grasp that all of this is made by people who don't get paid. We do the absolute most we can with the resources we have. We can't just flick a switch and make everything beautiful. I have to design it first in my free time, and then we have to find friends to help implement those designs in THEIR spare time. You've offered no example resources we could use, or made any actual professional suggestions we could implement. You've just said "these things I think are bad. Make them better." Well thanks a lot.

And then of course you offer to "help". Why would we want it? Who are you? We don't know you. We get people begging us to let them beta test etc etc non stop. It's not like you've been a member of our community for a time and have proven your talents and become a friend like sct has. I'd never even seen you or heard you until now.

You didn't come in with an impressive resume, or a recommendation from the president of google for excellence in everything. You came in, out of absolutely nowhere, with a list of pedantic criticisms that bordered on insulting, offered no real useful suggestions, and then said "but hey I could help!". I'm sorry if our ego's are beaming too hard to see your REAL value. I'm squinting real hard but I just can't see it.

• Forum Administrators

@KakerMix

:suicide:

Ignorance is only a bad thing if you don't allow yourself to de-ignorify (totally a real word I promise). Instead of educating yourself on how we 'do business' here you instead get all huffy and upset that I keep "bashing" your constructive thoughts. Instead of actually understanding that your suggestions are not constructive, they are destructive. No matter that I keep asking you to see that the suggestions you have aren't the correct way it has to be done, you keep insisting that they are, indeed, the correct way, and that our way is the wrong way. I'm sorry you see be as talking to you like a person as some sort of lordly-ego trip exercise or something, but what do you honestly expect us to say? You are just some user that comes in, and starts making suggestions with no basis and no context. Who are you? Why should we care who you are and what you say? Are you really surprised that the people that run a community and are happy with how it runs get a little bit annoyed when someone who is ignorant (yes, you are, sorry this upsets you) comes in and starts telling them how it would work better if you would only listen to their suggestions?

And I'll admit, I did not know how Technic ran. You guys like having it rough, survival-of-the-fittest? Well more power to you. I don't fit in here, nor do I want to fit in here, because frankly, it scares me.

Yes, that is what I truly believe. I innocently came here with feedback. You've blatantly attacked me, sat on my input and questioned my identity. I did NOTHING to you, but you still CONTINUE to treat me like garbage. If that's not being an intentional asshole, then I don't know what is.

Then my apologies for not having the same ideals as you. You could've set that from Moment 1, and I would be gone right now.

I infact am part of the Bukkit community. And here's the sad part: I'm nearly as hardcore as it gets there.

You are such a weird smug holier-than-thou caricature. You come off as some boss, or like you are my dad.

"Now son, you have to be like _________ in order to be taken seriously!"

I do have an ego, and it swells mightily when I get into debates with people like you, because I grin like an idiot as I sit here and completely in vain try to beat it in your thick nice-guy skull that you have no idea what you are talking about. I know its fruitless, and I already know what your responses (if you grace us with them) will be. I bet I sound smug as fuck right now.

There are over thirty-thousand members on this forum. Maybe some of them know something you don't, otherwise I have no idea what they are doing here. Hey guys! People are NICER over on other forums! Please leave this place, it's a cesspool.

So, is this what talking to another human consists of? If so, then have fun with it. I'll go make my way back to my huggy love bug community now. It's nice and squishy there! :D

Aw cmon, get that philosophical moral argument outta here. A standard set of morals doesn't exist in real life, so they certainly don't exist in the ~wide world~ of the internet.

I wish you luck as the BAD DUDE on the Bukkit forums! Later bro!

This whole 'argument' in which a nicey-nice optimist proceeds to get beaten down by reality is the most entertaining thing I have seen and/or read all day. No, the forums are not nice. No, they will not change just because you want them to. No, people here don't give a single good goddamn that it's considered 'the worst part of the site' and 'a cesspool'. Because, and here's the real kicker, you know why? Because you're all text on a screen over the anonymity of the internet. Nothing you say has any bearing or any weight or real any importance aside from a squealing and flailing of someone who wants a perfectly lovey-love environment everywhere they go because your egos can't take anything stronger than a passing glance.

Guess what. Life ain't nice. Life is a fickle bitch that will inhale your ego and chew it to shreds before spitting you into the realcesspit we call 'adulthood'. So enjoy your childhood, because right now this is a nice little sampler of what real life is like. If you want hand-holding Barney-playtime happy-joyous bullshit, roll right on back to MCF. You'll like it better.

(end rant)

Oh boy, another one of these. I'll do a different thing here and take you seriously, and be a Nice Guy™ and take my time going through your suggestions.

Before I begin, let me tell you that you don't matter. I mean, we've got literally hundereds of thousands of people playing Technic/Tekkit/Yogbox/Hack Slash Mine, and a singular person who has come in way late to the party isn't really a big deal. Not a dig at you personally, that's just how it is.

Lucky you the Technic Launcher IS the Spout launcher. It's true, we forked it so hard and had our way with it. Don't worry, its totes legal.

What exactly are you suggesting? I mean, granted, the technical aspects of the website (lol wordpress) aside, you being ignorant of things isn't our problem. We don't have a wiki, we tried that and it didn't work out. There are two fan-made wiki's that I know of, but those aren't "official".

The "lack of professionalism" is a great though. We aren't professionals, we're just mostly a bunch of asshat prima donnas. Sorry to disappoint you we'll try harder next year sir! :saddowns:

We are kind of a big deal, if you catch my drift :smug:"Stay in school" ok got it dad. Here is where your ignorance betrays you in spades. We are not the Minecraft Forums. We are not the Yogscast Forums. We are not the _________ Forums, we are not whatever community you thing is 'good' without 'badness'. I have to really wonder if you even think about what you are saying. Do you think we don't know what we are doing? Like, when we put the rules up, when we say "READ THE GODDAMN RULES GODDAMNIT" do you somehow thing we don't know how we are coming off? We say the things we say the way we say them fully aware of what that makes us look like. Hell, if you don't read the "GODDAMN RULES GODDAMNIT" then we will remove you from this community. This is a private place, with a specific kind of requirement to be a part of it. This isn't a democracy or a nice place to be friends and hug and kiss all day in the sunshine. These are the Technic Forums, where being huge assholes that ban idiots left and right has made a bitter community that eats itself to stay alive. Don't you see how fucking metal that is? Its so badass, goddamn. I am totally wearing a leather jacket with one sleeve torn off and smoking a cigarette with shades on. :c00l:

It's quite clear you don't "get it". Yes we really need a page to farting creepers, I am blown away you don't see how important all this is, it's like you are new here or something. Gosh!

Look, you wouldn't fit in with the team at all. Your suggestions for how we should run the community are exactly why you end up with festering cesspools adorned with vomit blotches of technicolor smarties instead of a structured, toned, not-braindead community. I know it might be hard to take in, but we tried to build the community how it is, right now. We like it this way, we like the intolerance of ignorance, the quick enforcement of rules, the quick-to-fire banhammer, and the mutual respect everyone who makes it out on the other side has.

You are always free to get bent though!

AAAhhhhh......someone who stays true to who he is.....you're a rare breed.....make sure you have many children before you die.....please.

I will probably get banned on this forum for another thread of mine...but know this before i go....it gave me great pleasure and more hope in humanity reading that post.