Whats new?

not much change

now we dont have Balkon's Weapon Mod and Forestry T_T

We have Iron Chest mod (useless useful crap :D)

Crafting Table III instead of II (same thing as CTII but with a few tweaks)

added Tubestuff (adds a protect table redpower compatible and a few minor stuff)

and all the mods are updated to MC 1.2.5 so they all have new features

I was kind of upset that they didn't implement the SMP version of Thaumcraft II into the game to fill the hole that taking out Forestry made. Im sure there was some technical issue that prevented it all from functioning, but i was still upset :/ Now i feel like everything is just the same but nothing is automated.

• Forum Administrators

I was kind of upset that they didn't implement the SMP version of Thaumcraft II into the game to fill the hole that taking out Forestry made. Im sure there was some technical issue that prevented it all from functioning, but i was still upset :/ Now i feel like everything is just the same but nothing is automated.

There is no SMP Thaumcraft. Even if there was, Thaumcraft wouldn't 'fill' much lost by Forestry.

According to the author of Thaumcraft we will not be getting a SMP version until the mod api is releases and he only has to code one version of the mod. Currently to support SMP mod makers need to make 2 separate versions of their mod due to how SMP is coded and a lot of mod makers are not willing to do so. In addition it does not matter if their is a SMP version of a mod since Tekkit uses the Bukkit server instead of the default minecraft one. So any mod will also need a stable bukkit port to even be considered for the pack. Which the pack already has all the mods with a stable bukkit port that are worth using included with in it.

That has nothing to do with the modding API: Merged SSP/SMP architecture is (probably) coming a lot sooner than any API, and that is what will make it possible to maintain a single version of a mod for all environments. At that point, Bukkit basically won't exist, and there will not be separate Technic/Tekkit packs.