Praise our efforts!

sct

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is really just ONE thing that bugs me.

When I had to reset my password after you migrated our users over here, it seems my age is suddenly 112. FYI, I am not that old - it's 93 years older than I really am. Rofl.

There is really just ONE thing that bugs me.

When I had to reset my password after you migrated our users over here, it seems my age is suddenly 112. FYI, I am not that old - it's 93 years older than I really am. Rofl.

It's just a migration bug, things will settle down eventually. These things are really to be expected.

It's just a migration bug, things will settle down eventually. These things are really to be expected.

Hey, Jay? (Hey, look at that it rhymes <.>...-.-) Can you tell me what's up here, and how to fix it please? Even if you say retype the whole damn thing, that's fine, but I would like to know how to fix it. Thanks. Other wise I has a really really broken story...

http://www.technicpack.net/forums/threads/apocolypse-the-destruction-of-therras.8337/

Hey, Jay? (Hey, look at that it rhymes <.>...-.-) Can you tell me what's up here, and how to fix it please? Even if you say retype the whole damn thing, that's fine, but I would like to know how to fix it. Thanks. Other wise I has a really really broken story...

http://www.technicpack.net/forums/threads/apocolypse-the-destruction-of-therras.8337/

Shouldn't you just be able to use "Search and Replace" on the "&quot;" and replace it with "

"?

So, what. Our full preferences and info haven't been transfered yet, is that what you're saying?

No, everything that's going to be transferred has probably been transferred, the rest is stuff we'll need to edit manually. The staff is going to be looking into how to work it all, remember, this is new to most of us too.

No, everything that's going to be transferred has probably been transferred, the rest is stuff we'll need to edit manually. The staff is going to be looking into how to work it all, remember, this is new to most of us too.

Cool.

I have to say though, if it's possible you should just let people edit their settings ONCE. That would ease your work a lot. :)

Cool.

I have to say though, if it's possible you should just let people edit their settings ONCE. That would ease your work a lot. :)

You'd have to talk to SCT about that. He knows things about forums, i'm just a janitor with superpowers.

• Forum Administrators

Having to mouseover things is an excessive restriction and limitation for people who use screen readers (because screen readers utilize HTML features to determine context and present related information together, but all the Javascript indirection makes it impossible for the screen reader to figure out what goes with what, and that's even if the screen reader can pull out the text from the Javascript in the first place), and for people who have difficulty or inability using a mouse (severe arthritis, amputation, Parkinson's, etc.) but who are able to use a keyboard (some people have gloves with sticks on them that let them hunt-and-peck a key at a time and use tabbing to navigate websites, and others use tongue or voice control).

And that's even setting aside the fact that the previous site was perfectly usable with Javascript disabled, and this one is much less so (but so far, it seems there are at least workarounds for most things, so at least it's not unusable).

Praise? Well, the biggest praise I can give it is I like a watched-thread system much better than the new-replies-in-threads-in-which-I've-posted system. That is a massive improvement.

The thread previews DO NOT retract from any normal forum functionality when they aren't being shown. People can still enter the thread and have it read to them like normal. This is also made so with javascript disabled everything should still function completely as normal. Even the forum descriptions revert to being shown under the forum names! Whoaaaa! Sounds like you are just trying to nitpick at everything you can. :argh: CHANGEEE!!!

Get your shitty non-praise out of my praise thread!