Hack/Mine server questions: MCEdit/Teleporting/Protection

Puddi

Hi I'm starting a Hack/Mine server and I have a few questions,

First question; can I use MCEdit to paste a building from another map into my Hack/Mine server map? I'd like to make a spawn with the building from a schematic considering you can't use WorldEdit or any other Bukkit Plugin.

Secondly, on Vertigo's Hack/Mine server players are permitted to /tpa player to each other, I'm wondering if this is custom to that server (if so can I get it) or if it's built in? I really do need teleporting.

Thirdly, when I'm protecting chunks, I press f9 or f6 (can't remember) and it shows a grid of squares - these are the chunks I am protecting right? Is there anyway to zoom in on these?

Thankyou for any help it is greatly appreciated!!!

50 views and no answers yet? Should I be trying to contact server owners such as MrVertigo? If anyone knows how to contact a hack/mine server owner like MrVertigo please let me know or give him this thread link!

Another thing, as I'm building spawn I've been /setspawn ing. I've noticed that wherever you set spawn, it will not set the spawn exactly where you are, and it will always use the default height. So I wanted to set my spawn on top of a building - can't do that now.. =/ Imo needs to be fixed.

Hack/Mine doesn't currently have a /sethome /home system, though it does have a /spawn /setspawn one for the whole server, if that makes sense. As for MCEdit, I've heard you can use it, but I imagine getting dungeon bricks working may involve working with "pink" or invisible blocks :P Item placement, if possible, I'm sure is wonked up too. You can't zoom in on the radar past that level because it's showing blocks at a 1:1 ratio (you're already seeing all the detail, though the detail may only be a pixel big if your interface is set reeeeaaally tiny.) As for things on the Vertigo server, it's custom code, though if you're just looking for /home I'd just hold off until it's added. I know the guy who added those features, and something tells me he'd be charging you if you asked for them... bear in mind that Bukkit integration is planned for later (not soon.)

• 1 month later...

Another thing, as I'm building spawn I've been /setspawn ing. I've noticed that wherever you set spawn, it will not set the spawn exactly where you are, and it will always use the default height. So I wanted to set my spawn on top of a building - can't do that now.. =/ Imo needs to be fixed.

Hack/Mine doesn't currently have a /sethome /home system, though it does have a /spawn /setspawn one for the whole server, if that makes sense. As for MCEdit, I've heard you can use it, but I imagine getting dungeon bricks working may involve working with "pink" or invisible blocks :P Item placement, if possible, I'm sure is wonked up too. You can't zoom in on the radar past that level because it's showing blocks at a 1:1 ratio (you're already seeing all the detail, though the detail may only be a pixel big if your interface is set reeeeaaally tiny.) As for things on the Vertigo server, it's custom code, though if you're just looking for /home I'd just hold off until it's added. I know the guy who added those features, and something tells me he'd be charging you if you asked for them... bear in mind that Bukkit integration is planned for later (not soon.)

i agree whole heartedly with frizzil, Funbob10 does some custom stuff with our server and he would charge for his services. I am quietly pushing for frizzil to implement the stuff needed for bukkit use mainly because the community deserves to have access to these things. I do not personally have any say in what funbob10 does with his code so ...... sorry... on the plus side i think he only charges like 10 bucks per update or something...

• 5 weeks later...