Launcher refuses to connect to web and/or eat his veggies

Alskf

Question

Launcher/pack Version: 6.0.7

Operating System: Win7

Version of Java: 32 bit

Description of Problem: The launcher will not connect to the internet. This started about the time that the MC login servers went down, so I was rather unconcerned. Several days later, the launcher still cannot connect to the web. I have tried selecting a different build, and just now tried downloading the latest .jar launcher version. I am certain the MC servers and such are working; I can log into both vanilla and minecraft.net, the only problem is Technic.

Antivirus program: Avast

Error Messages: Connecting to www.minecraft.net, followed immediately by Login Failed, then a windows pops up saying Would you like to play in offline mode?

PS Any tips on the stability of version 7? That's the reason I'm so bothered - I can't change builds, and I want some more current build-y-ness.

21 answers to this question

• Forum Administrators

I have been searching for 2 days I have tried everything can somebody please HELP!

Why do you just come in someone else's thread requesting assistance and say 'I've done everything' and expect someone to help?

There is no context here, you've been searching 2 days for what, exactly? Is your problem identical to Alskf's? Do you really believe you've tried everything? Really?

Hmmm...

Deleted lastlogin, and the launcher changed to "unable to authenticate account". I did try downloading the most recent launcher off the main page, and I'll try that again in a second, but it didn't seem to work.

In related news, my vanilla "cannot connect to minecraft.net" also.

Also btw Grayson if you need any solution how about throwing your computer out the window and buying a new one?

• Forum Administrators

Hmmm...

Deleted lastlogin, and the launcher changed to "unable to authenticate account". I did try downloading the most recent launcher off the main page, and I'll try that again in a second, but it didn't seem to work.

In related news, my vanilla "cannot connect to minecraft.net" also.

Well, you can try the total nuke and start over approach, delete the entire .techniclauncher folder and all its contents, backing up what you need to (like your worlds) and start fresh.

Well, I deleted the launcher, including old downloads of it and the one on the desktop, and downloaded a fresh copy.

I also copy-pasta'ed the lastlogin file from vanilla (which logged in for me, finally).

End result: the Launcher connects, and all is well!

Er...spoke too soon.

It seems I can only login once per separately downloaded .jar file. The launcher wouldn't login the second time, but when I re-downloaded that one worked. And then that one refused to login a second time.

Soooooooooooo..............

Oh god what is happening

The launcher now works for a second time, perhaps because this time I adjusted the modselect and checked the remember me box.....?

How? Why?

I don't know anymore...

So, to conclude, the launcher is connecting again, for now, until I finish this post probably.

So the launcher will only connect once per separate .jar file download. Why is this? Is there a way to play Vanilla/Technic online without downloading a fresh launcher every time?

I don't understand...perhaps my computer is to blame?

wat. just. happened.

When I run the .jar from the downloads page, it shows it's version 1.0.1.3.

When I run the .jar from the desktop, it runs as version 1.0.1.1. This is after sending all previous downloads to the recycle bin and emptying it as well, so I'm sure it's the only copy.

Well, I think that's good enough for me. I just have to run the launcher from the downloads window (I'm using Chrome) instead of a desktop shortcut. Still have no idea why, but I'd call it resolved.

Also btw Grayson if you need any solution how about throwing your computer out the window and buying a new one?

Gold. Sheer gold.

I love you, man, thank you for being an intelligent individual.

Well, I think that's good enough for me. I just have to run the launcher from the downloads window (I'm using Chrome) instead of a desktop shortcut. Still have no idea why, but I'd call it resolved.

I wouldn't call this resolved, this is a problem worth keeping open until well and truly solved.